News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Texas Company, check in!

Started by didactic, June 21, 2008, 10:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

didactic

Brother (and sister) Texans, sign in, please.

Let's show the rest of the program how many of us there are.

Didactic here, Bastrop County.

Last event:  Davilla AS, 14-15 June.

Next event, Yellville, Arkansas AS, 23-24 August.
"If not us, who?  If not now, when?"  Ronald W. Reagan

wcmartin1

wcmartin1 here!

Midland County

Last event:  Davilla AS, 19 Apr 2008

Next event:  ? (work schedule dictated  :P)

Qualifications:  Rifleman.  Requalify myself and a few others unofficially with an AQT 2-3 times/month.

Other:  Continuous Shameless Appleseed Promotion Nationwide. 
"Unhappy it is, though, to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast and that the once-happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by a race of slaves.  Sad alternative!  But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?" - George Washington - from a letter to a close friend after the events of April 19, 1775

"There is no nation on earth powerful enough to accomplish our (the United States) overthrow.  Our destruction, should it come at all, will be from another quarter.  From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence, I must confess that I do apprehend some danger.  I fear that they may place too implicit a confidence in their public servants, and fail properly to scrutinize their conduct; that in this way they may be made the dupes of designing men, and become the instruments of their own undoing." - Daniel Webster, June 1, 1837

Groundhog

Checkin' in.  Most active I've been on the forums in months! ;D
Greg Miller

"You know what?...  Just shut up..."
Overheard at the Big Texan in Amarillo, became most used line at shoot...

Wade

Wade here

Not sure if I am Texas company or not :o ::)

adress west coast transport truck #68 some where on that long black endless ribbon of these United states of America.

Last event mini shoot last month in my back yard 100% of non Riflemen made Rifleman  score that day :)
now if there had been more then just one ,,,
Requalify on the AQT at lest once a month, more often when I get to shoot more often
Got Tired of looking for a Rifle Range So we Dug one up!
WOOF!
4 box's #1 the soap box#2 the letter box #3 the ballot box #4 the cartridge box, The founding fathers picked up the Cartridge box so that WE could use the first 3,,IMO If you don't use those 3 then you dishonour the founding Fathers !

Counselor

If you've been to Scout's place and live in Texas, I guess that means you are in the Texas company.

Counselor here!

Henderson County (east Texas)

Last event:  Davilla AS, 19 Apr 2008

voortrekker

Voortrekker checkin' in.

NW Austin area.

See y'all in August!

Quote from: Wade on June 22, 2008, 04:30:39 AM
Wade here

Not sure if I am Texas company or not :o ::)

Wade, your are most certainly Texas company.

I'll never forget shooting the KD range on your flatbed trailer November 2007!

If YOU are thinking, WE are winning.

Groundhog

We must institute the Texas Foreign Legion for these fine fellows.  Once you serve, your past it wiped out and a new Texas identity will be created for you...

Let's see, we got Bubba, Cleatus, Billy Bob, Jim Bob, Earl Bob...
Greg Miller

"You know what?...  Just shut up..."
Overheard at the Big Texan in Amarillo, became most used line at shoot...

Franktown_Kid

Franktown Kid checking in. Colorado Liason to Texas Company

Any of y'all that can make it would be most welcome in Cañon City for the 4th of July.

Cheers...Rich

"Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will. Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them, and these will continue till they have been resisted with either words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress." - Frederick Douglass

Big-D

"Casualties many; Percentage of dead not known; Combat efficiency; we are winning."
Colonel David M. Shoup - (Tarawa) - 21st November 1943

"Goddam it, you'll never get the Purple Heart hiding in a foxhole! Follow me!"
Captain Henry P. Jim Crowe - 13th January 1943 - (Guadalcanal)

Robmitch

From Temple, I hope to see ya'll in August.
one Appleseed  so far

DNT...Death N Taxes

Already signed up for August in Davilla....will bring ice packs and medical stuff for prevention of heat-related casualties....trying to encourage other medically-trained shooters I work with to get their AQT Appleseed-style.

This program MUST expand....
Never forget, even for an instant, that the one and only reason anybody has for taking your gun away is to make you weaker than he is, so he can do something to you that you wouldn't let him do if you were equipped to prevent it. This goes for burglars, and rapists, and even more so for politicians.

Just because you're not out looking for a fight doesn't mean a fight isn't out looking for you.

LabRat

LabRat checking in.

didactic's neighbor in Bastrop Co.

See you in August!

In the meantime, any AS'ers in the area need a place to practice, sight in, etc. let me know. We can have a mini or something out at my place.

Good to meet you at Davilla, dkrongard. Look forward to seeing you with a Rifleman badge soon!
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.

Thomas Paine

3HOLEPETE

Dennis, checking in.

Galveston, Republic of Texas

I've been to all of the Davilla Appleseeds since Boot camp Nov. 2007. I was also at the Mingus Texas Appleseed in 2006.
Looking forward to the August Davilla Appleseed.

Proud to be part of the Texas Black Sheep Instructor Squad.

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

SNAITF checking in...I'm still here!

Currently in Harris County (spit after you read that), land of HOAs and linedancers (but we have great gunshows and a growing number of riflemen -  :D ).

Hope to make the August Davilla shoot - if my work schedule cooperates.

Quote from: Franktown_Kid on June 22, 2008, 10:32:40 PM
Franktown Kid checking in. Colorado Liason to Texas Company

Any of y'all that can make it would be most welcome in Cañon City for the 4th of July.

Cheers...Rich

I would love to make Canon City AS II Rich, I LIKE COLORADO CHILI! 

Unfortunately I have to be at work (small staff) the Thursday before and the Monday morning after and no travel arrangements available to me can accomodate that requirement.

I believe Sleepy Joe is going to DRIVE up to help with "CC AS II" and may be bringing some TX Appleseeders with him. I may send my LTR with him so I can participate vicariously.  8)
Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

PJEVANS

Florida Phil checking in!

I've wandered about, Mingus, Davilla, Sallisaw, Fisticuffs @ Prairie Rose, MykkaCity, and back home to Davilla, feeling kinda without a home.  But now I know why, I'm a goodwill ambassador from the Davilla Company of the Texas Foreign Legion stationed in the Green Country of NorthEastern Oklahoma.

Last stop: Davilla, June 14-15
Next stop: Yellville Ark, August 2008

Do not go to sleep without dry-firing, with at least your handgun.
See you at the Whittington Center!
Phil Evans
'Loud noises do not usually stop a gun fight,
     Well placed hits do'

sleepy Joe

Sleepy Joe Checking in ... Porter Texas   (north of SNAITF) How is Everyone ... sorry Imissed you on June .. Plan on going to Colorado.  and back in Davilla in August
By the numbers

Scout

Quote from: PJEVANS on June 23, 2008, 02:56:21 PM
Florida Phil checking in!

I've wandered about, Mingus, Davilla, Sallisaw, Fisticuffs @ Prairie Rose, MykkaCity, and back home to Davilla, feeling kinda without a home.  But now I know why, I'm a goodwill ambassador from the Davilla Company of the Texas Foreign Legion stationed in the Green Country of NorthEastern Oklahoma.

Last stop: Davilla, June 14-15
Next stop: Yellville Ark, August 2008

Do not go to sleep without dry-firing, with at least your handgun.
See you at the Whittington Center!

PJ, you are cracking me up! I hereby appoint you, with the Shoot Boss Authority granted me by Fred, as Official Goodwill Ambassador to The United States, World and Galaxy, Representing the Texas Foreign Legion, Outpost Davilla, Republic of Texas.

I also assign to your unit, TracerFire, and Wade and over three dozen other out of state individuals from across the Nation and the World who have passed through the Davilla, Texas,  Designated Appleseed Range.

I hereby charge you with going forth and spreading the word of Appleseed and recruiting others into the program, locally to you or to other events and also inviting people to join the Texas Foreign Legion by attending an APpleseed here at the Davilla Texas DAR. From this day forth, may you fulfill these duties you have beed charged with, with all the gusto of a one legged hound dog! ;) ;D

God Speed and God Bless You!

BattleRoadUSA.com

"Who wants Ice Cream?" Fred

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)

Will

Local host for Amarillo Appleseed in August. Hope to see many of you there.

preTex

South Travis county!  Should be out to a Davilla Appleseed again when it cools off a bit!
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, NOTHING will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined. "
Patrick Henry

capnmac

Brazos County.

Too noob to have done anything (and neck deep in similar things for Uncle, too).

Getting ducks in a row is far too much like short-handed cat herding <sigh>.

Scout

Quote from: capnmac on July 02, 2008, 02:09:47 AM
Brazos County.

Too noob to have done anything (and neck deep in similar things for Uncle, too).

Everyone starts somewhere Captain. ;) I am sure when you got your first bars they threw you straight into Training Ammunition and Supply Officer. (We would never do that ;))

We are just glad to have you aboard. If I can be of any assistance to any of you guys in getting things rolling or getting set up, please feel free to PM me or call me. I really feel like Texas is going to lead the way into the Appleseed Future. We have a lot of exciting things going on and a lot of hard working guys here in Texas helping to drive the program forward.
BattleRoadUSA.com

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)

Nickle

Quote from: capnmac on July 02, 2008, 02:09:47 AM
Brazos County.

Having looked over your previous posts, it looks like you and I are in similar situations.

Yeah, I'm an NCO (and 53, ARNG), not an officer, but I see a LOT and when I speak, many folks listen.

Also neck deep in what I do for Uncle, and headed for SWA in a couple of years (or less).

Funny thing is, I'm not a grunt, I'm a Maintenance guy. Some of our best shooters and MG guys are Maintenance. The 2 best M2/MK19 guys in the Inf Bn I support are in my section (the Bn's opinion, as well as mine).
They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Sounds like New Englanders to me.

capnmac

Words of encouragement always gratefully recieved.

Having earned those green-striped blue ribbons with the those shiny "E's" on them, I know how high the hill is to climb, and there's no sneaking around that bad boy and exgressing in good order, either.  I am going to be my own hardest critic, no matter what.

So, I'm feeling driven, and untill I get back to my comfort zone, delivering the mail consistently, I already know I'm going to be a bad example to others (since I know I can push myself).  Which, too, is an annoyance, as we clearly need to bring more into the fold, and showing them is always better than lecturing them.

As the old quote goes, Lif so shorte, the Craft so longe to learn.

pinetop

pinetop here, living somewhere between North Zulch and Dobbin. My last event was the 4/19 shoot at Davilla.  Looking to try another outing in the fall.

Scout

Quote from: pinetop on July 02, 2008, 03:43:52 PM
pinetop here, living somewhere between North Zulch and Dobbin. My last event was the 4/19 shoot at Davilla.  Looking to try another outing in the fall.

We will have a mat and an AQT with your name on it when you get here Pinetop ;)
BattleRoadUSA.com

txpirate

Matt here.
hailing from Hood County by way of Brazos County.
The June 14 Davilla AS was my first, and definitely not my last. I will be back with several others who need to wake up and experience Appleseed.
I can't make the August AS and probably not the Sept AS, but I will be back ASAP.

WestTx

Mike here. An NRA High Power competitor from El Paso, El Paso County, Texas
Believing in Appleseed without seeing it, yet.
Rifleman. That says it all.

TheUpsetter

Howdy from South Austin.

I attended both the May and June shoots out at Scout's luxury resort in the sun. 

Looking forward to shooting a Rifleman score in August and hoping to get some time in on the KD range. 

In the mean time, I'm working to get some new shooters out there with me.

See you fine folks then.

_DH

"When matters are done leisurely, seven out of ten of them will turn out badly.  A warrior is a person who does things quickly." - Hagakure

bigiceman

Bigiceman here, South Fort Worth in Tarrant County.

Last event:  Davilla AS, 13 September.

Next event, not sure, but I know there will be one.
The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. - unknown
The road to tyranny is paved with apathy - Me

Revolutionary War Veterans Association Shooter.  Classification: Cook 

WE ARE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Scout

Welcome new Texans, we are always ready to see a new face on the line, andespecially ready for a new face behind the line wearing an instructors hat.

BI, we will see you on October ;) 
BattleRoadUSA.com