News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Sacramento, CA June 23-24, 2012

Started by NorCal22Gal, June 26, 2012, 11:59:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorCal22Gal

Another GREAT Appleseed at the Sacramento Valley Shooting Center.  Thanks for hosting us at your wonderful range!!
21 Americans came out this weekend to learn what we came to teach. 
We had beautiful weather temperature-wise, but the wind on Saturday was a bit much at time.  Had a few pop-ups try to blow away....
After the greeting by Shoot Boss Nukechaser and the safety briefing, we turned on the fire hose. This group of shooters soaked up the information like sponges.
After a few equipment challenges,  mostly slings and the lack of them...Good job by Tank on improvising  with fabric tape and zip ties to put slings on rifles that had no sling attachments, group sizes began to shrink with each new piece of information taught.
At lunch we gathered up under the shade of the ez-up and large shade canopy and eaglescouter, Nukechaser and NorCal22Gal told the history to a very attentive audience.
After everyone was fed, watered and rested, the shooters headed back to the line with a renewed sense of purpose, determined to put those red coats in their places.
Ron showed he knew what he was about and that those dang red coats better head for the hills if they know what's good for them...Saturday's only AQT and only Rifleman score...a very nice 220!!
Several others were knocking on the door; a good night's rest would help all.  After awarding Ron with his patch and honoring the youth among us, we cleaned up and headed out for the night.
Sunday's weather was almost a duplicate of Saturdays...a little warmer and less windy most of the time...
19 shooters returned to dive back in to the learning and shooting. 
We reviewed and fine tuned in the morning, told the stories about the Dangerous Old Men and the Ladies, then headed back to the line.
Ron showed us that the score he got yesterday was because he was a Rifleman and he backed it up with a 210 and a 217.
His friend Dean wasn't to be out done...he posted a nice 216 for his first Rifleman score then followed it up with a 224.
Down at the other end of the line, Todd was having some math problems...not enough fingers or something....but some help from Nukechaser, (2-2-3-3...got it Todd!!! ) and he posted a very nice 212.
Final red coats and clean up.  Awarded Rifleman Patches.  Ron and Todd stepped up to take on the Orange Hat.  Ron, I still need your forum name...
So we wrapped up another wonderful amazing event in Sacramento.
BIG HUGE THANKS TO ALL THE INSTRUCTORS WHO HELPED MAKE THIS EVENT GREAT.
Reporting for hard working Nukechaser,  This is NorCal22Gal signing off...

eaglescouter

Unbelievably nice weather (except for the easy up eating wind gust) and a line full of eager attentive shooters proving that Californians are not asleep!

To the participants:  I had a terrific weekend and can think of no better way to spend my time than working with fine folks like these.  Thank you for helping restore my faith in my fellow Californians.

To the instructors:  You folks seriously rock!  Thank you for your efforts and for being part of a great team.
Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleerâ„¢:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

Lagboy

Indeed it was a glorious weekend! Congratulations to Todd, Ron, and Dean for breaking that 210 barrier!!!!  ^:)^
I Hope everyone had a splendid time and see y'all out there next time.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
-Sir Winston Churchill

Cavalier2233

Had a great time.  All the Instructors were awesome and I am looking forward to becoming an Instructor and improving my counting and math skills    :P

Lagboy

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
-Sir Winston Churchill

NorCal22Gal

We're looking forward to it as well...  :)

Johnnyappleseed

Congratulations to the new Riflemen --- The founders are smiling  ;D great job  O0
see you all on the trail
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

LadyCavalier112

Thank you all for a great weekend! I learned so much and had a great time. Everyone was just wonderful to work with and very helpful. Dylan noticed that everyone, regardless of age, was open to help and correction from all of the instructors; he really liked how people his age were teaching grownups. http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/Smileys/newsmileys/happy.gif  We will see everyone soon, oh, Scott and Pat, thank you so much for loaning us your rifles! Ours are getting scopes right away.

eaglescouter

Quote from: Cavalier2233 on June 28, 2012, 01:43:21 AM
Had a great time.  All the Instructors were awesome and I am looking forward to becoming an Instructor and improving my counting and math skills    :P

Nice job on the Calguns post about Earning your Rifleman patch.  :)
Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleerâ„¢:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

Neve

Another great Appleseed! Very nice to meet all the new shooters and a big congratz to Ron, Dean and Todd for their Rifleman patches and a double congratz to Ron and Todd for their orange hats!

And here's Melanie our IITIT spotting for her sister Dani-O

XTuser

Just wanted to say thanks to all the instructors for a great weekend! Had a "blast" and learned a lot. Maybe there's an orange hat with my name on it.....

Dean
"True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else."
- Clarence Darrow

NorCal22Gal

Hey Dean,

Come on out the 21-22 of July...there will be extra empty orange hats there.... :) 

Laurie