News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Eaton Rapids, MI 6/23-24/2012

Started by BeeFree, June 25, 2012, 03:13:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeeFree

A second great shoot at Eaton Rapids Conservation Club (and another one coming up in August) with twice the number of shooters as the first, which FILLED the line - It was hot, hot, hot, but I never heard a single complaint, and considering that nine of our 20 shooters were 13 or younger, that impressed me a lot!  Every one of those kids stuck it out all day long both days, despite the sweltering sun, and it was a thrill to see their groups shrink  O0  We used nine of our eleven loaner rifles - which made Saturday morning a bit of a challenge, but we still managed to get it all done. 
Punk hit Rifleman again on her sandbags, and was doused thoroughly for it, while Gibson got it OFF the bags for the first time, and got soaked, too.  She is now proudly wearing her orange hat. :cool2:  The entire team was impressed by one of the left-handed young guns (there were six of those, I think, a record, too) as he was shooting a right-handed bolt gun w/a 5 round mag, and getting smoother and faster with it on every course of fire.  There were multiple representatives from five different families on the line - and multiple reps from five more on the team.  THAT is "family time"!  We heard some great Strikes and Dangerous Old Men, with Madhatter giving us the Lydia Mullikin wedding to close the shoot.  We made GrayWolf wait til Sunday afternoon before we shot up his orange hat, but he is now wearing the Red with a smile - Congrats, GW!  Now  ~~:)  I hope I see you all again soon on the Appleseed Trail!

Post your pics, folks!

BeeFree
Make Orwell Fiction Again!

Superheat

What a wonderful group of Americans.  My only disappointment is that I could not make it on Saturday. 

Pinkey

Our Shoot Boss hard at work! Great weekend! I loved seeing all the kids!

Graywolf

What a great weekend!  It was fantastic seeing all the young shooters turn out for this event and in spite of the heat they stuck it out.  Congrats to Punk for shooting rifleman again and to Gibson for shooting rifleman and her orange hat!  We had a wonderful crew of instructors and a full line to keep them busy.  It doesn't get any better than that.  3.Dogs did a David Lamson that was the best ever.  If people don't stop making me tear up during those DOM stories, I'm going to have to buy stock in the Kleenex corp.  Well done!

Big thank you to BeeFree for all the time she put in on this event.  The shoot was well organized and kept the time monkey pretty much at bay.  Hard to do when no one wants to "hurry, move expeditiously, quickly" because of the heat.
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

"There ain't no easy horses.  Learn to ride."  S.K.B.

3.Dogs

This weekend was a "Wow!"  A full line of shooters all stuck it out with the heat, and not one complaint.  Excellent improvement from many shooters from the first redcoat on Saturday.  Once the instruction began groups kept getting smaller.  Practice, practice, practice.  We shall see a whole bunch make Rifleman yet. 

Excellent group of instructors.  I had a lot of fun.  Learned a few more things myself.  All in all, it was a fun and enjoyable weekend.

I hope to see everyone on the line again in the near future. 
"Maybe we should call Burbs." - SteelThunder