News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR College Station, TX June 23-24, 2012

Started by Sir Not Appearing In This Film, June 25, 2012, 02:21:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

AAR College Station June 23-24, 2012

HOT.

That was the word of the day.

HOT.

I showed up for this shoot prepared for 3 pre-registered shooters and perhaps 1 or 2 walk-ons. I was very pleased to have 10 walk-on shooters join us for a total of 13 shooters on Saturday. Baminal and myself instructed at this event.

The range had not been mowed recently and a lot of thick weeds had grown. The Appleseed Lawn Team improvised with a Hungarian folding E-tool and a full size shovel we scrounged up and made a path for our shooters.

Several of our shooters were very new to firearms - we were glad they came to the right place. Others were more advanced shooters who also were at the right place. A few had been to prior Appleseed events.

After our safety briefly we got to it.

The heat was oppressive in case I didn't mention that. It was at least 100 degrees. The wind was hardly moving - that or our berm hindered it reaching us.

The range owner was gracious and let us use the air conditioned classroom. We took several long breaks in the a/c for instruction and history.

The long breaks cut into our instruction time. We did not get to shoot an AQT on Saturday. Still, the shooters had improved their skills by the end of the day.

Saturday

Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

Johnnyappleseed

Nice pic's  O0
Kinda reminds me of MINGUS 10 oh Six
Hi there alumni  O0
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Quote from: Johnnyappleseed on June 25, 2012, 02:53:54 PM
Nice pic's  O0
Kinda reminds me of MINGUS 10 oh Six
Hi there alumni  O0

Howdy alumni!

I was just looking at those nice Sunland pics.  :cool2:
Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

sleepy Joe

By the numbers

Ladyseed Man Slave

Apexx

Thanks Steve and Brett for your time and efforts.  No easy task to be accomodating and patient in the Texas heat.

Steve,
Were there any pics from day 2?

Quote from: Apexx on June 26, 2012, 01:48:29 PM
Thanks Steve and Brett for your time and efforts.  No easy task to be accomodating and patient in the Texas heat.

Our pleasure.

Quote from: Apexx on June 26, 2012, 01:48:29 PM
Steve,
Were there any pics from day 2?

Just a few... ;)

On Sunday 7 shooters returned.

Sunday:

More to come...
Ladyseed Man Slave

Shooter Brian made a rifleman score on the 2nd AQT - 218 - after the instructors better defined two hits in one hole that he pointed out. Congratulations Brian! Don't ever do that bad again!

With the long breaks we only got through 3 AQT targets on Sunday. Most every shooter showed dramatic improvement. By the end of the day we still had 5 shooters for the final redcoat. Based on the number of shooters still present there was a big improvement on the final Hits Count target.

Until next time - DRY FIRE!
Ladyseed Man Slave

scuzzy

Good shoot Steve and Brett. Miss seeing you guys.

And yup, it's getting hotter and hotter. Looks like we'll have a cold front come in today though. It's only gonna be 97 according to the weatherman.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

sleepy Joe

I should be there helping on the next one ....
By the numbers

sleepy Joe

Hey SNAITF are you planning on doing the next College Station event?
By the numbers