News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Evansville, IN June 23-24 2012

Started by Mudcat, June 24, 2012, 11:13:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudcat

Man of man what a scorcher it was this weekend, 98 deg on Sunday! That did not stop a fine bunch of Americans from coming out to Ref Brush Range for an Appleseed event. 15 shooters showed up to partake in the sun drenched rifle marksmanship and Heritage instruction. Everyone from young to errr uhh experienced. ^-^ We had 15 shooters on the line on Saturday and we all had a great time learning and putting new skills to the test. 2 AQTs in we had us 2 new Riflemen and 1 repeat Riflemen. With several just missing but showing great improvement. We pushed water and more water and everyone held their own very well. In fact we even had a 210 that got a cooler full of ice water dumped over their head. Congratulations Scott, you Tim are both in the 210 club now. I have some video of it I will try to get put up once I figure it out. Danial did wonderful with knocking out Rifleman scores all weekend like it was nothing, He has it figured out for sure. Mike who was not much for long guns did a remarkable job of shooting his bolt action Savage to a 214 on the first AQT then backing it up with a 222 I do believe. Awesome job my friend! O0
Sunday brought us a new bay on the range and Scott showed up with 2 10x20 canopys. What a life saver these were today. We got a nice review this morning by Kate and we were off and running hammering out Riflemen on the anvil of the AQT. In the end 13 year old Brandon got over the 200 hump this afternoon. He showed the persistence of a true Rifleman too. Tyler was so great this weekend that guy at 7 years old actually got IMC and was giving the answers back to Kate. Remembered the safety rules and the 6 steps. Ginny and Jordan was dealing with some cross eye dominance issues then Ginnys scope took a literal turn for the worse. THe cross hairs turned into an X without the scope body moving. Dan was having some vision issues as well with the tech sights and trifocals. He stuck it out though and showed improvement. Then on what was going to be the last AQT of the day Diana comes and hands in a 208. There was no way we couild stop so we did one more and it paid off Diana kicks the door in with a 221!! ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ Great job and congratulations on persisting. It was a pleasure to have everyone on the line this weekend Tim, Tammy,Johnathan and Rachel so close Johnathan ,Amber, Danny and Heather too and Doug for sticking it out with physical limitations and all. You all are great patriots in my book and I am proud to have all you fine Americans on the line. I hope you all continue to persist and eventually reach your goals.

Here are a few pics I took I missed a lot but I know there were other cameras out there.

A little B&D from Ginny and Brandon.

Jordan watching Diana close.

Tammy picking on Scott but it makes him better.

Dan shooting that pesky AQT

Johnathan showing a good example of open leg shooting.

Scott with a very good standing position.

Ginny shooting her fathers 10/22

Just had to take this of Heather, Danny and Amber.

Sunday Rifleman and Riflewoman Brandon and Diana!

A proud Riflewoman and a proud Shoot Boss!
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

redbaron

It was a great time this weekend. Thanks to Mudcat and ALL of the instructors and IIT's that stood out in the miserable heat all weekend to make this happen.  O0

Congrats to the new riflemen and rifle-woman!!

DustyDawg48

Agreed! I had one of the best times of my life and it was an honor to attend. I cannot wait for the next one!

huntrdan

Huzzaahh!!  Yes, many thanks to Mucat and company. It was a great weekend. A special thanks to Scott for bringing the shade. Congrats to Diana. Hope to see you all again soon. Dan and Brandon.   ^:)^
An unarmed man is, by definition, a dependant who becomes a subject by necessity.
An armed man, by contrast, has the means for Independence.
A rifle more than any other tool, enables a man who desires self reliance to attain it.

SPQR

"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

spitfire51

Good shooting Diana!  And a heartfelt Huzzah! to all the new riflemen.  Looks like you all had a nice weekend.
"A vote is like a rifle, its usefulness depends on the character of the user" -Theodore Roosevelt

ACUTEE

A special thanks to Mudcat for all his help. I am very grateful to everyone who has helped me along the way. I probably hold the record for most shoots attended before shooting a rifeman score. I think I am lucky because I received wonderful instruction from many folks in the program. I think it makes the journey sweeter and the gaol more cherished.

It was a great shoot. Thanks to those who brought the cover for the line. What a great bunch of people.

Diana

Brown

I have noticed you get things done and I respect that-SPQR

Pup

I wanted to say thank you too everyone involved in the Appleseed program. What a great program this is. Marksmanship training, history, heritage, and meeting wonderful fellow Americans all in one place.  Wow!  Mudcat is an awesome shoot boss and tells some great stories.

Congrats to all of the folks that earned their Rifleman patches this weekend and boy was that water cold. 

GunShotResidue

I had a great time this past weekend. Thanks to all the great shooters and instructors who made hanging out in the heat for two days worthwhile. Thanks Kate for showing me the ropes as a new instructor. And a special thanks goes out to Mudcat who had the privilege of giving me my orange hat.

Keep The Faith!
Always,
GSR
"Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life and I shall dwell in the house of the LORD forever."
--Psalm 23:6

hawkhavn

ACUTEE! HUZZAH!
Sorry I was out of state and missed this!  :'(
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

GunShotResidue

Heather, Amber, and me comparing tans..... I think...... :)
"Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life and I shall dwell in the house of the LORD forever."

GunShotResidue

Heather, Amber, Mr. Lucas, and me....

GunShotResidue

Listening to Mudcat give some instruction.

GunShotResidue

More instruction.....

GunShotResidue

Mudcat gave me my orange hat on Saturday and there is XD Man too....

GunShotResidue

There are Kate and I under the canopy on the first day of my "new job" as an IIT.

hawkhavn

Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

Mudcat

Great pics GSR!
Any pics of Saturdays Riflemen?
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Johnnyappleseed

Welcome  aboard  to all the new forum members  who posted on this thread  O0
Indianna -folks who truly know what they are about.

Congratulations to the new Rifleman !

See you all on the trail , any more pics? ;D
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

GunShotResidue

First Rifleman on Saturday.....

GunShotResidue

Another Rifleman......

GunShotResidue

And another Rifleman......

GunShotResidue

Our three Riflemen.....

GunShotResidue

Congrats!

GunShotResidue

Congratulations!!!!

GunShotResidue

Shaking hands with Mudcat....

GunShotResidue

Mr. 210 got some ice cold water dumped on his head on Saturday. Don't know if that was refreshing or just plain cold. ;D Congrats Scot!

GunShotResidue

Our two youth of the day.....Charlie and Tyler.

GunShotResidue

Mudcat with the boys....