News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Dalton, NH - June 21-22, 2012

Started by Ninsho, June 23, 2012, 11:47:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ninsho

Another great shoot in the Granite State.  Despite being a Thursday/Friday shoot, we had a great turnout and a great group of individuals.  Saturday morning the redcoat showed we had a lot of work to do, but by Sunday I think everyone would agree that the progress was amazing.  The shoot produced two riflemen: Geoffry and Rob, great job guys!

It was a scorcher in the 80's and 90's both days with little respite from the sun.  I'll never say the words 'sunshine patriot' again without thinking about this great group who didn't complain about the heat at all.

The other reason this was a great shoot was the KD.  The Dalton Gang Shooting Club has a 400 yard range up the side of a hill.  Friday afternoon we put the skills to practice and took a couple shots at a hits count KD AQT.  No one made the cut but everyone got some great experience.  Definitely something to look forward to at the next shoot here.  Just help me find an ATV or some steel targets or I'll have a mutiny.... climbing that hill gets old halfway up the first time.

Thank you to all the shooters and instructors for making this a great shoot.

Brother_COM

Ninsho, did my good friends the Browns from Wentwort/Warren make it either day?
Thanks for the update!

Ya"ll got pictures???
Brother_COM

Ninsho

I don't believe they did but I don't have the reg sheet in front of me and I didn't memorize last names.

There will be pictures, the instructor who was taking a bunch is working a booth through today at Porc Fest through the remainder of the weekend so I'd expect them in a day or two. 

CaptMac

Sorry I was not there for the KD events. 

Now for my second attempt to load a few photos. 

Ramseur Five Ten!!!

"Live Free or Die:  Death is not the Worst of Evils."  Genl.  John Stark, 1809.

The Old Guide

For those who might not be aware, the Dalton shoot is a Thursday/Friday shoot held during New Hampshire's Porcupine Festival. PorcFest attracts as many as 15,000 people from the Free State Movement. One of the attendees at PorcFest was Boston T. Party himself, the author. "Kenneth W. Royce is the author of the renowned Boston T. Party books, such as Boston's Gun Bible." He donated one of his books, signed inside the cover to "the highest scoring new Rifleman of the shoot". This prevented Instructors from flopping down for four minutes and grabbing a very popular book.

Congratulations to the winner and to NHlibertas for getting his Red Hat at Dalton.

The "requal" Rifleman had first qualified with a scoped rifle at an earlier Appleseed. He wanted to do it again and with an LTR this time. He did it in 94 degree heat as certified on a Taylor digital thermometer in the shade.
Our history is not a list of dates and places. It is a dynamic adventure of freedom and individual courage.

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012
Northeast SC Confab, Feb. 13