News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Proctor, VT June 16&17, 2012 AAR

Started by GMB74, June 22, 2012, 07:00:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GMB74

A beautiful summer weekend to have an Appleseed shoot. The weather was sunny and hot, but bearable. There were 11 shooters of all skill levels on the line on Saturday, 8 on Sunday. Matt and his family are from New Hampshire, but were in the area and decided to attend our shoot for Sat. only. All did very well for the first time out at an AS. Keep up the good work and come on back to our next shoot! We had two who shot Rifleman scores on the first AQT of Saturday and continued to shoot high scores throughout Sunday. I believe they both cleaned a Redcoat target at least once during the weekend. Congrats Kevin and Dan. The rest of our participants were good learners and showed excellent improvement throughout the weekend. Keep practicing and it will all fall in place! I would like to make special mention of one student who had very little to no experience with a rifle and went from 0 to shooting good groups by the end of the weekend. Excellent job and keep up the good work, Alyssa!

Mph_VT

A beautiful weekend for an Appleseed, Father's Day weekend. We had Dads with their families, sans Moms ( next time guys bring Mom ).

11 shooters.  Some experienced and some brand new, some new to Appleseed and some repeat offenders.  It seemed everyone was making good use of the fine weather.

Cleaned Red Coats. Rifleman AQTs.

What stands out most in my mind from this weekend was the genuine and deliberate determination of the young people to the tasks at hand this weekend.  Interesting enough  as was their determination in mastering the marksmanship skills,  I was also most gratified by their eager enthusiasm and participation in the History and discussion. 

Yes Alyssa and James very good work!  It was a  frustrating process of tweaking and fiddling and trying different options.  It's all about perseverance and you both demonstrated that this weekend. Keep at it and in the end it will really come together.

Some photos:

Future Riflewoman

Sorry it took so long getting these up, I was a bit under the weather after New Bremen
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it.

Learned Hand

Sir, the gods of the valley are not the gods of the hills, and you shall understand it.             

Ethan Allen

Spartan

Looks great!  Hope you are feeling better Alan.
"With your shield or on it"

R1SGx2

Nice pictures, looks like a great firing line,
is that Willie and Road Runner sporting Red Hats?

Great job by all, those pop up's sure come in handy there.

No place better to spend Fathers Day then on a firing line.
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."