News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Beaver Falls, PA June 16-17, 2012

Started by EZ3, June 18, 2012, 10:02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EZ3

This was definitely a "Take Your Dad (or husband) to the Range" Appleseed.  And what better way to spend a Father's Day weekend?  Six families participated in the event.

One thing you can count on at Beaver Valley Rifle and Pistol Club on a summer weekend is plenty of the local populace enjoying their Second Amendment rights.  That can somtimes make History presentations challenging.  Stand received a round of applause from the students for his rousing (at the top of his voice) rendition of the Third Strike on Sunday afternoon.  The constant rattle and bang of gunfire all around added ambiance to the presentation.   :---

Lydia, Donald, Nathan, Lance and Seth all Persisted through the weekend and accepted the William Diamond patch as a down-payment on their Rifleman patches.  Alaina was overcome by the heat on Saturday and was unable to return, but we hope to see all these patriotic young folks at a future event.   O0

Lee (aka Invictus Maneo) put down the ladle he has been carrying for seven Appleseeds and picked up his Rifleman patch.  Huzzzaah!! from all the instructors who have had the pleasure of assisting on his quest.  Then he asked for an orange hat!  He will be a valuable addition to the PA instructor corps.   :bow:

"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

Charles McKinley

What a wonderful weekend!

Gotta love FULL AUTO and TANNERITE in the background!
:--- :~
It was nice to work with all of the new shooters that came so far in just two days.  I hope to see all of them back soon.

Again "Thank You" goes out to EZ3 and MrHappy for their guidance and assistance in my development as an instructor.

The best moment of the weekend was watching Lee just stand by his car and just look at his scored target.  It was a moment of wonder after much struggle and persistance!  I look forward to working with him as an instructor.  I believe he will bring a lot to the program.
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

Invictus Maneo

Chuck,

I am glad to hear that. As a teacher those are the moments that make teaching wonderful. I hope that I can bring that to Appleseed.

You, A.J., Mike, Lee and especially Gary should be proud. Though I tried to maintain a teachable attitude, it was you guys with your patience, encouragement, scolding, willingness to share experience as well equipment and most of all your dedication to Appleseed that got me there. Thank you!

Peace,
Lee
"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mahatma Gandhi

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."
- Mahatma Gandhi

�Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.�
- Ronald Reagan

�Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber.�
- Plato

"My Son, Freedom is best, I tell thee true, of all things to be won."
- William Wallace

MrHappy

A hardy WELL DONE to "Vic(torious)" Invictus! It has been my great pleasure watching you develop. This is just the beginning as the shooting sports just get better and better.
BVR&PC is my favorite range to Appleseed. A beautiful spot, wonderful people and always a fine background score of the music of Liberty. All that was lacking was the bottom end of a 12 pounder. That is something we should remedy.
It was hot and thirsty work but progress was shown across the firing line whether rank beginner or repeat attendee. I love my job!!! :))
Give me Liberty or give me Death
Slaves don't dream of being free. Slaves dream of being Masters ~ August Stetten