News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hello from Watkinsville: My formal introduction.

Started by Hound_Dog, June 18, 2012, 04:55:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound_Dog

My name is Justin and I live about 12 miles outside of the city of Watkinsville, which borders Athens. I am extremely interested in helping out any way I can. I read the tacked thread above entitled "how you can help in GA", but I am not sure what area has the most need since it was started in 2009. I will send a PM to the moderator of this forum.

I am a 32 y/o Father of one (2 y/o girl), Husband, Marine Corps Veteran, Small Business Owner, and escapee of Milwaukee, WI  ;). I met my Wife when I was stationed in Beaufort, SC. She is from Jefferson, GA. I like to clarify that I was not a Combat Marine. I notice that when you tell people you are a Marine, they usually assume you were on the front lines. I was not. I was an Aircraft Power Plants Mechanic, specifically on the F/A-18 Hornet. Many other Marines had it much tougher than myself, although I am proud of my service and did shoot expert on the rifle range a few times  :).

I truly look forward to meeting some good people here and helping the cause move forward. If anyone has some insight into this, please let me know.

Hound_Dog

GEmanuel

I am sure Georgia would be grateful for your help. I order to get started might I suggest a PM to friedenmeister.
I am in Pennsylvania and basically do not want to inject myself into another state as I have no first hand knowledge nor the ability to follow up on it's behalf.
If after a day or so you still get no response PM me and I will try to get you the help you seek.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." — George Washington

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." --Mark Twain (1835-1910)

"A constitution is not the act of a government, but of a people constituting a government; and government without a constitution is power without a right. All power exercised over a nation, must have some beginning. It must be either delegated, or assumed. There are not other sources. All delegated power is trust, and all assumed power is usurpation. Time does not alter the nature and quality of either." ~ Thomas Paine

Two Wolves

Welcome aboard, Justin. Don't worry about not being a "Combat" Marine. Your service to this country  is greatly appreciated. Your desire to get involved with Appleseed further demonstrates that you are a man, a patriot, who knows what he is about. Your family, your community and your country need courageous and determined individuals such as yourself to step up to the plate and take charge of responsibilities that lie ahead of us. If not us, then who? If not now, then when?  Semper Fi, Marine ~ Two Wolves
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

Hound_Dog

Quote from: Two Wolves on June 20, 2012, 05:12:36 PM
Welcome aboard, Justin. Don't worry about not being a "Combat" Marine. Your service to this country  is greatly appreciated. Your desire to get involved with Appleseed further demonstrates that you are a man, a patriot, who knows what he is about. Your family, your community and your country need courageous and determined individuals such as yourself to step up to the plate and take charge of responsibilities that lie ahead of us. If not us, then who? If not now, then when?  Semper Fi, Marine ~ Two Wolves

I appreciate that. I really am hoping to make the next shoot so I can start moving in the right direction.

Semper Fi

Ramblin' Wreck

Quote from: Hound_Dog on June 18, 2012, 04:55:33 PM
My name is Justin and I live about 12 miles outside of the city of Watkinsville, which borders Athens. I am extremely interested in helping out any way I can. I read the tacked thread above entitled "how you can help in GA", but I am not sure what area has the most need since it was started in 2009. I will send a PM to the moderator of this forum.

I am a 32 y/o Father of one (2 y/o girl), Husband, Marine Corps Veteran, Small Business Owner, and escapee of Milwaukee, WI  ;) . I met my Wife when I was stationed in Beaufort, SC. She is from Jefferson, GA. I like to clarify that I was not a Combat Marine. I notice that when you tell people you are a Marine, they usually assume you were on the front lines. I was not. I was an Aircraft Power Plants Mechanic, specifically on the F/A-18 Hornet. Many other Marines had it much tougher than myself, although I am proud of my service and did shoot expert on the rifle range a few times  :) .

I truly look forward to meeting some good people here and helping the cause move forward. If anyone has some insight into this, please let me know.

Welcome HD,
The quickest way to get involved with Appleseed is to help with a shoot. If you've already qualified Rifleman we can always use more enthusiastic, dedicated orange hats. We also have plenty of opportunities for Applecore volunteers, Blue Hats, to help promote Appleseed just about anywhere.

Our next event here in Rising Fawn (NW Georgia) is October, we'd welcome your help then and I'm sure you'll get others to take you up on your offer to help in the meantime.

Ramblinwreck
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown

colycat

Quote from: Hound_Dog on June 18, 2012, 04:55:33 PM
and escapee of Milwaukee, WI  ;).

You can leave Milwaukee, but I bet you still talk funny, dontcha know, hey.
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Ether

Hey Justin, Sorry for replying to old post I don't check in here much.  I am in Oconee as well, I have been to Toccoa and worked with my range (Elberton) and a couple of my buddy instructors to have a shoot there.  Shot Rifleman there I must add!  I hope Elberton becomes a regular shoot.  Anyway, glad to have you on. 

Ether