News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Piqua, OH 6/16-17 AAR

Started by posterboy, June 18, 2012, 03:50:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

posterboy

Well....

The Buckeye State is Appleseed country ! We had a great event in Piqua, OH this last weekend. I would have loved to have seen more Americans on the line but the lack of numbers was more than made up for by the QUALITY of those who showed up for marksmanship and Heritage. Saturday was HOT as promised but we had the rare luxury of having a line of basically all riflemen and one almost Riflewomen Stacy. The instruction went quick and the ammo went quicker as soon we we grinding AQT's left and right.

Sunday arrived with the addition of the Hyre family.... a group of hardened appleseed veterans and another riflemen Bruce. Well I knew what we were going to do with such an expereniced group  >:D why the AQT of course..and again and again and again  >:D Soon Shawn,  a competitive shooter showed up out of curiosty fresh From Camp Perry. He was immediately convinced to join us on the anvil of the AQT. He whipped out his plasma rifle in the 40 watt range ..well no...really it was an open class .260 rifle that was painted in the ghastly colors of the University of Michigan..... #) Appleseeder's being friendly even to those that are hopelessly confused welcomed him despite the paint scheme in Ohio. Shawn soon found the delight of shooting the AQT and soon pulled out his 20" service rifle and joined the ranks of rifleman shooting a 211. Bruce also repeated his status with 222. The Hyre's all made progress and John was very close as well as Stacy both shooting 209 and many in the 200's Carolina honed her skills and is on the raod to beating her husband to rifleman. Coyote217 unfortunately offered to Carolina an opportunity to shoot an AR for the firsttime. I am not quite sure what exactly he has against John but judging from Carolina's smile he cost him some serious $ and less space in the safe  >:D

Thank Buckeye Trapper and Coyote217 for putting on a good show and thanks to all who came. Stacy and Joel I hope to see up in G'Burg soon !

Huzzah

PB

Anwalt

Excellent shoot.  We were very lucky - about 8 shooters and 3 top-notch instructors.  Hard to beat that ratio!  Blows me away when more people fail to take advantage of this excellent opportunity.  Thanks Posterboy, Buckeye Trapper & Coyote217 for the first-class hands on.  Extra kudos to BT & C217 who are repeat offenders as far as teaching mule-headed Hyres goes.  Also, great talk in re "Dangerous Old Men" given by the same.  Fun and instructive.

Coyote217:  Man, just a few words are gonna cost me a freaking mint.  "Wanna shoot an AR Carolina?"  Why not just say "Need a new mortgage John?"  You could've at least gone easy and started with an AK or the like.  But noooooooo, we just had to give her a wee bit of high-end firearms crack, didn't we?

Well this is my third Appleseed.  Didn't keep score at the first one.  Shot 196 as a high at the second one.  Got a 209 this time around - and that with sights that we later discovered were quite loose.  Details, details, details.  Knock on wood, I can close the deal next time around.  Before my wife and eldest daughter, perhaps, who are right on my heels.  If I dry fire in the living room and they slack off while dreaming of AR's....

I've said it before, I'll say it again:  Great event staffed and attended by real Americans.  Loved every minute of it.  Even the part that's gonna cost me.

Anwalt
"An act that is inherently evil does not become moral simply because there's a majority consensus." - Dr. Walter E. Williams

GoldFish

Quote from: posterboy on June 18, 2012, 03:50:25 PM
He whipped out his plasma rifle in the 40 watt range ..well no...really it was an open class .260 rifle that was painted in the ghastly colors of the University of Michigan..... #) Appleseeder's being friendly even to those that are hopelessly confused welcomed him despite the paint scheme in Ohio. Shawn soon found the delight of shooting the AQT and soon pulled out his 20" service rifle and joined the ranks of rifleman shooting a 211.

Ahem.  You know that I could take serious offense to those seriously out-of-line comments. &)  There are those of us who are Ohio residents and also are fans of a certian "Team up North," and NO, I'm NOT hopelessly confused...I think.

Anyway, congratulations Shawn on your Rifleman score, and I commend you for braving Ohio and shooting a rifle with those glorious colors.  Not everybody recognizes a beautiful paint job when they see it. ;D

Looks like ya'll had a great shoot. O0

"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

Shep

This was an excellent event well organized and at The Piqua Fish and Game. The site has a great shooting range with a roof over the firing line, which helped keep both the sun and a few light showers off us.
Thanks go to the instructors already mentioned above; you guys did a tremendous job.  Awesome balance between keeping the day low keyed and relaxed, but yet covering a lot of information and plenty of shooting (I went through about 360 rounds on Sunday), it was fun!
As with the other Appleseed events I've been to, there were several really fun and interesting people in attendance. It was a real treat to see Shawn shoot his high tech rifle, even if we can't agree on the proper color a precision firearm should be.
Looking forward to shooting in Piqua again!

Bruce
"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed." -Thomas Jefferson

Coyote217

It was another great weekend hanging out with Americans who truly want to know our heritage and learn how to accurately put the bullet down range.  Stacy improved her skills each time she picked up her rifle and she was sooooo close.  Joel learned on Saturday how hot it really was when he warmed up his AR.  Bill, you are close with that shorty AR, you will have to figure out what optic is best for you. 

On Sunday Bruce reconfirmed that he is a rifleman and is gearing up for his boot camp at RWVA.   Have a great time Bruce and I look forward to you joining the Instructor team.  Sean, the walk on, did an excellent job and hopefully will join us in our mission.

John, Well how do I respond to this..... Coyote217:  Man, just a few words are gonna cost me a freaking mint.  "Wanna shoot an AR Carolina?"  Why not just say "Need a new mortgage John?"  You could've at least gone easy and started with an AK or the like.  But noooooooo, we just had to give her a wee bit of high-end firearms crack, didn't we?
Let me start by saying it was great working with you and your family again and if you need help in picking out the prefect AR let me know.  What a wonderful gift for your wife.
Oh yea don't forget one for each of your kids and of course yourself.  John you are close to joining the ranks of rifleman, continue with your dry fire practice.  Isabella, keeping practicing.  You have such a great gift of memory and next time you can teach the 6 steps.  Keep it up and remember the history.  Till next time, all remember what our fore fathers gave us.  Coyote 217 aka rick 

"These are the times that try men's souls." Thomas Paine

Hannibal ante portas!