News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Crawfordsville, IN June 16-17, 2012

Started by ATM, June 18, 2012, 12:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ATM

Another fine event at Crawfordsville Gun Club! Compliments to our host range and the hearty group that came out to participate despite the broiling hot weather.  :bow:

We snuck into the thin patch of shade with a drink whenever we could for lessons in marksmanship and the stories of our American history and heritage. We saw lots of improvement on the line as fundamentals were applied and new rifles were learned.

I am pleased to say that I witnessed the true Rifleman spirit, not just in the perseverance, but in the embracing of the values and appreciation for the actions of our founding generation and those who have made the most of and continue to defend this costly gift of Liberty.

Thank you all for coming out and sharing this weekend. You did great!  O0

I'll add more later and there should be some pics up soon.
Please add your comments and impressions, we love to hear your feedback!  ;)
Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0

Pitmaster

Crawfordsville was a great Appleseed for me. With the help of the instructors and individualized attention I was able to put various pieces together and shoot comfortably. A major correction on my use of the sling was also found and corrected. Overall, several corrections were made and helped improve my form. Sunday I could feel myself being more relaxed and comfortable with the 6 steps, NPOA, and even a little with rifleman cadence. ATM, grunt soldier, ARBK(?), and Nailer(?) were all helpful and patient with form and attitude. ATM's singing was great and entertaining.  They even welcomed SASS my shooting companion.

While the heat was just short being brutal and wearing me out on Saturday I stuck it out with lots of water. Sunday started off a little cooler and Sunday morning shooting was great. But by about 2:00 Sunday I could tell that there was not going to be any more progress made as I was sweating too much and fighting the heat to make learning effective. After finishing up the stories I decided to go home a little early. I'm glad I did, a 3 hour drive after shooting a few more AQTs and I would have been more dangerous in a car than with a rifle in my hands.
Last AQT on Saturday.

This is my niece's daughter who will be joining me at the Niles, MI Appleseed for the first time.

Pitmaster

Captain Noah Cook a Revolutionary War Veteran was my great, great, great,...great grandfather. Noah Cook enlisted in the militia on April 21, 1775 at age 18 upon learning of the Battles of Lexington and Concord that morning. His company left on that day for Concord arriving April 24, 1775.*

*History of Northampton, Massachusetts: from its settlement ..., Volume 2, Part 2, Chapter 25, Page 359

"The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home." Antonin Scalia

�The test of a democracy is not whether the people vote, but whether the people rule.� G.K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Member

grunt soldier

it was hot to say the least.  and very humid.  we need rain here in Indiana very badly lol.  never the less we stuck it out and got some great heritage and shooting in.  pitmaster did a great job despite barely being able to see with the sweat in his eyes.  I had the same problem and dang if it doesn't make those 300 and 400 yard targets hard to hit.  we shot some steel at the end of the day on sunday just us instructors left and that was great.  the nailer had the ol' garand out banging and ATM had his ar out.  I'm poor and since we stayed at 100 I just ran the 10-22.   I'll post the one picture I managed to take when I wasn't drinking water.  it was my best standing target ever.  I love standing position for some reason anyways but this target stuff just lined up for me.

I will say this if you have never worked a shoot with ATM, try to make it.  his song choices for safe rifle are awesome.  he definitely made the event a experience. 

custom kydex solutions.  specializing in sheaths and holsters.  let me know if I can do something for you fellow seeders :)  some pics of our work below

http://s967.photobucket.com/albums/ae158/gruntsoldier2/

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican.

The Nailer

Definitely a hot weekend but it did not dampen the spirit of the shooters.  I would like to give credit to the shooters for knowing when they needed to seek shade before it was too late.  Even though they all may not have been shooting they stayed  for the history and participated in discussion after the benediction. It was a very attentive group with an excellent teachable attitude.

RBKL

Great time at Crawfordsville, IN last weekend.  It was HOT!

A nice group of shooters who were there to learn.   I believe everyone had an enjoyable time and went home with a lot of info.  and a smile on their face.   Hope to see everyone again soon.

Here are a few photos:

Parker getting his Young shooter patch with his father Chris and ATM:

Alex and Jeff - It was great to meet you.  I hope you again soon.

PitMaster - Nice to spend the weekend with you and SASS.  It was fun.  Hope to see you around.

Grunt Soldier and Danielle -great to meet you.  Danielle, you are a joy to be around - put a smile on my face all the time.   GS - thank you for taking time and doing a little extra history.  It helped me a lot.   I hope to see you again soon.

The Nailer -

ATM & The Nailer running back from rehanging the steel at 100 yrds.   

Hope to see you all again soon.  Come on over to IL some time!!

RBKL

The Nailer

When sprinting downrange to reset steel it is always best to "let" the Shootboss win.

ATM

Quote from: The Nailer on June 19, 2012, 09:59:05 PM
When sprinting downrange to reset steel it is always best to "let" the Shootboss win.

;D

Great pictures everyone! I hope you all had as good a time as I did, despite the heat.

I want to thank everyone again for coming out and sharing the weekend and for reflecting on each of our roles as we determine the heritage, values and traditions we will pass on to our posterity.

Practice by the numbers and don't forget that 7th step - tell folks about Appleseed and bring some friends and family back with you next time!  :)

Now go make sure your rifle's safe.  ;)

^:)^
Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0