News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Palm Bay,Fl June16-17AAR Greenhorn Shot Boss Get's one under his belt!

Started by Sly223, June 18, 2012, 01:41:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sly223

Thank you, @)
Lord for refreshing my Soul with a fresh breathe of Patriot Air! ^:)^
This Event was out standing in every way, O0
I can Not say enough about the Range, The Cadre,(That made me look so good), and the 15 shooters that brought a teachable attitude. :bow:
Saturday, we hit the ground runnin',went over all aspects of safety,Because Appleseed AS stands for Always Safe! **)
Rounds were down range by 8:50am, ~~:)
Many were not well placed and it was obvious there was considerable room for improvement. :sos:
FL cadre sprung into action with blocks of instruction, They cut loose the fire hose of information and the students drank heartily from it absorbing up information like a sponge. These folks were great,quick learners and an obvious will to be there,and be square,and squared away they rapidly became, improving every course of Fire.
A very diverse group in age, gender, and skill levels, 8 people Had never shot a rifle prior,
3 were Long Range instructors,the eldest was a male approximately 60ish,
our youngest was precious Lil' Olivia 5 years old and already has a command voice on the line and is a ShootBoss in the making.
By the end of this fine day we were able to Root out a Rifleman Rob Ruth shot a 211,Huzzah!
Even better by the end of the event everyone was over 125,and was told they accomplished the Marksmanship skills Required by the Military, But they did in 2 days what the military accomplishes in 8 weeks of Training.
Weather was very agreeable 85degrees with a sustained 10 MPH wind at 6 o clock No value.
Get this, the Range took a vote and waived Range fees of 25$ a day! WOW! Great!
There were no real, Safety violations to speak of one eager shooter heard all ready on the firing line and squeezed the trigger just prior to the F command This was a called shot that impacted the Target. This gentleman was highly embarrassed everyone else became keenly aware of Safety.
Three Rifles were brought to the line in the box from Wal-mart. I call that a Beautiful thing!
After the Shoot boss Stumbled and mumbled through the First Strike,
Alkeford- stepped up and did a fantastic 2cond strike and not to be out done,
bill-o-rits- followed with the third!
Did I mention the Fl cadre made me proud,
they all are up for promotion!
NomadicHillbilly- completed and turned in a PC1, and performed Duties assigned very well,Good job line bossing,good voice, pace and rhythm.
Malabar Acquitted himself respectably on the line and also turned in a PC1.
Corey performed the tasks of an IIT2 on the line to reinforce his Rank he will bring a PC2 to the next event,
Alkeford- this is a REDHAT marking time in an orange hat he exudes the type of passionexperience and knowledge needed and only needs to get checked off on the First strike I believe, he also turned in a PC4.
bill-o-rits did an outstanding job and Earned his Red Hat! I now need to take the steps necessary to Highly recommend these folks for Promotion. I will send official pm's to necessary persons in the chain of command that make these things happen in the next few days! Congrats to my Staff and the shooters for incredible marksmanship improvement!
I am not finished, with this AAR but I want to get this posted so those of us that are techno challenged can somehow get these pictures posted. Possibly others will post comments and pictures.
Willorith & Connie Thank you so much for your help and support. FWIW,If I could promote you two I would! ;D
..:..
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

9mm4545

The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

LadyMiddlebrook

alkeford

I was happy to be a part of this event. a great bunch of patriots.The folks at  Port Malabar Rifle and Pistol Club are Top Notch,the membership came out, showed support and even helped set up. :bow:.Thank you bill-o-rites- for putting us up fri. and sat and thank your wife for putting up with us.The students showed vast improvement through out the weekend witch can only be contributed to showing up with a teachable attitude,thank you for making us look good.

Rick sly223 was an excellent Shoot Boss.he did a bang up job keeping us all on point &).It is easy to work these events with the leadership we have in this state O0HUZAAAH ! ! !
Esse Quam Videri (To be rather than seem to be)
Powder With My Brother Ball Most Hero Like Doth Conquer All,
Tomet Nosce
The Suda, a tenth century encyclopedia of Greek Knowledge, says: "the proverb is applied to those whose boasts exceed what they are,"and that "know thyself" is a warning to pay no attention to the opinion of the multitude.

Sly223

Two young brothers Nick and Jeremiah,showed up and did fantastic hope to see these two in the future.Thanks to Barry for bringing them and Barry did very well,knocking on the door with a 201.
Jayson,got to work with you a lot on sat.You get it, and will get it! Perservere and Dry fire practice.
Thanks for Bringing your daughters to the line, Rachel,Katherine,and of course LIL' Olivia,on Sunday, Posterity this is why I do what I do.If I can get that one pic of Olivia posted everyone will know why we do what we do!
Chad,Fine progress Sir,
Robert,pulled a better score than JR.at the last moment.I was told that fathers and son's on my line are there to replace the five sets of fathers and sons, lost on Lexington Green April19,1775.
Darcy, Takin' good care of the children,Hannah Davis would be proud.
Danielle & Dylan, Good job, see ya on the line again real soon!
Kyle,good job Sir!
Charlie, finally the third horse in the third race!Fine progress!
To all the shooters thank you for a wondeful weekend remember to dry fire practice and I will gladly award you the patches, as soon as you earn them! ..:..
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!