News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Sunland,Ca. June 16/17/2012 AAR

Started by Johnnyappleseed, June 17, 2012, 12:11:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnnyappleseed

Another good Appleseed  O0
Pleased to report one new Rifleman and a promotion too .
Notes are not available right now . Will post more later and some pictures too.
Many thanx to all who made this shoot so special .

The founders were looking down with pride at each of you  ;)
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

triggerhappy

It was a really great day! My first Appleseed, I didn't know what to expect. What I couldn't possibly have expected was to walk away with a renewed interest in the events surrounding April 19, 1775. I never made the connection to marksmanship and the importance of riflemen to this country's beginnings, and to the liberties I take for granted, not the least of which was the right to shoot a gun with a bunch of awesome people all day.

Thank you, Johnny Appleseed! And GoneJohnny! My new goal is that rifleman badge! I wish I could be there tomorrow but my duties as a mother trumped that from happening. (although if I am able, I may just show up as soon as I am done with my obligations) Thanks again! (ashley)

Brother_COM

Good for you Triggerhappy! It looks like this Appleseed accomplished EXACTLY what it was intended to do!

Cudos to the instructors and all the behind-the-scenes people who made this possible!

Trigger... keep on keepin on! You are a great American!

Brother_COM

SavageShootr

Awesome Job!! Sorry I missed all the fun.

Triggerhappy I know that they will welcome you back today if you could fit it in after your obligations are met for the day. I hope to meet you one day. If you can't make it back to this one, there are other events next weekend.  :---
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

MR B (549)

A wonderful weekend at Camp Sunland !!!! A big congrats to everyone for showing up and getting involved in the program , you are the most important people !!!! . The weather was a little hot but manageable and everyone hydrated as needed . I just loved seeing the sons and grandsons out there , all future riflemen and I congratulate the parents and grandparents for bringing their kids/grandkids and who sat all weekend , watching and participating in the event . John D , Thanks for bringing your sons , Dillon and Luke (You guys were awesome!!!!) Dorris , Thanks for bringing the grandkids and sitting back watching their progress throughout the weekend . Pat and Brian , Great job , you guys are almost there !!!! Keep up the great work !!!! . Congrats to our man Gary , for getting the job done first day !!!!! , Hilary you're next up !!! . Geoff , Ashley and Dawn , you guys rock !!!! I just loved seeing your persistence throughout the days . Kevin , thanks for sticking it out for the weekend and trying out some different rifles . Thanks to returnee Del and to all those who took ROC cards , We hope to see you all on the trail !!!!
A special thanks to Gonejohnny and JohnnyAppleseed for making my first shoot as an IIT really enjoyable and smooth . Great job on Story(Both Johnny's)  O0 .....
In a time of universal deceit,
telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
George Orwell

gonejohnny

Yet another fine weekend in the greatest state in the nation, spent with some of the finest Americans around! To echo MrB, thank you to all the shooters alike and don't forget all that you learned is perishable! We gotta keep this up to keep it in the black (that goes for everything, not just the marksmanship)!

Congratulations to Gary B! Hillary is right behind you, man! Better watch out! And Pat, oh Pat... 209, man... Two Oh Nine! Dry PRACTICE and we hope to see you soon!

It was an honor to be able to work with all of you. A special thanks to Johnnyappleseed, Tony Stark and MrB for letting me hang out!

Oh... and then there's this:

That's Geoff... never shot a rifle before Saturday in his life... Picks up an M1Garand after his first day of instruction... Single loading with a sled, he goes off-hand and rings that steel silhouette at 250-yards in 3-shots. BOOM! PING! Hand shoots straight up! (Geoff goes:) WOO HOO! Told you guys this stuff works! Nice job, man! N I C E - J O B !  O0

Rock & Roll,
GoneJohnny

Orangedotfever

Quote from: gonejohnny on June 19, 2012, 12:47:30 AMOh... and then there's this:

That's Geoff... never shot a rifle before Saturday in his life... Picks up an M1Garand after his first day of instruction... Single loading with a sled, he goes off-hand and rings that steel silhouette at 250-yards in 3-shots. BOOM! PING! Hand shoots straight up! (Geoff goes:) WOO HOO! Told you guys this stuff works! Nice job, man! N I C E - J O B !  O0

Rock & Roll,
GoneJohnny

That is priceless.
"Need", has nothing to do with it!

"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway." John Wayne

"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living."  John Wayne

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner.
Liberty is a well armed lamb.

Foppish Dandy

Quote from: gonejohnny on June 19, 2012, 12:47:30 AM
Oh... and then there's this:

Rock & Roll,
GoneJohnny

Not a lot of more sounds as satisfying as that BOOM! ... ... PING!
Great job Geoff!
Foppish Dandy, Mr. Dandy, Señor Dandy, Capt'n Dandy

Please take a moment to visit and "Like" the Southern California Project Appleseed Facebook Page.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin (Notes for a proposition at the Pennsylvania Assembly, 1775)

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom — go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!"
- Samuel Adams (Speech, State House of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, August 1, 1776)

cibGrunt

What a great weekend with fantastic instruction and a wonderful history lesson. 

It had been over forty years since I've had any formal rifle marksmanship training, that courtesy of the USA.  Buying a CMP M1 a few years ago, shooting club Garand matches, and studying the USAMU service rifle guide was my next attempt at marksmanship improvement.

But, I have to say that the instruction from Richard, Johnny, Brian, and Mark this past weekend really put it all together.   Their ability to teach the basics, fundamentals, and a few advanced concepts to a group with such varied abilities was inspiring.  Their enthusiasm kept everything moving at a great pace.

The stories of our heritage and the birth of America as a free republic were presented throughout the day.  My early years were spent in New England, close to where it all happened.  It's sometimes easy to take it all for granted, even when you have reminders in front of you every day.  Thanks to the Appleseed instructors for helping me remember the gift a few great rifleman gave us so many years ago.

Johnnyappleseed

Our newest Rifleman ,nice shooting Gary  O0
We welcome you to our instructor corp. The founders are smiling down  ;D
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

SavageShootr

"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

Johnnyappleseed

noooooooooooooooooooooooooo have lots more pics -if I drag out posting them I hopefully will not forget how to do it  :-[
A little quiz on who is in  the below pic  :pop:
I will give a hint for you non cali appleseeders -- this person posted for the 1st time on this AAR .
A Rifleman Proves everything ! :)
Calvin Coolidge

Johnnyappleseed

more to come  ;D
Calvin Coolidge

Johnnyappleseed

Future Rifleman ---Jacob

We are honored you elected to spend your  Birthday with us ,we sure enjoyed meeting and working with you
A Rifleman badge is in your future  O0
Calvin Coolidge

CalamityJo

Jacob and Hudson, both 14, had their dreams come true, getting shooting lessons from the marksmen at this clinic. We grannies are so thankful for this organization and will do what we can to support you. Thanks for posting these great photos!

Johnnyappleseed

Welcome to the forum Calamity Jo and a special thanx for bringing your grandson .
We sure enjoyed having you folks with us .  ;D :---

Calvin Coolidge

Johnnyappleseed

As of this writing shoot bosses have no legal authority to conduct marriages  ::)
However at least one future Rifleman -decided to attend a wedding after Appleseeding all day. ;D
We will keep his identity secret,, so far in case he told a different story of why he was late  ;)
Calvin Coolidge

Brother_COM

ATTENDING a wedding and being one of the two who stands up front and exchanges vows are two whoooooole different things.
Did one of your guys get MARRIED after an Appleseed, or just go to a wedding?

That would be pretty cool though. Maybe my wife and myself will renew our vows at an Appleseed shoot! You might be on to something here!

Sounds fun!
Brother_COM

Johnnyappleseed

Loved the wedding picture  O0

While AS does NOT have a provision for renewing vows in it's course of fire ,points of instruction,it is possible that a SB could do, or delegate a fine,powerful  2-5 minute re-affirmation of commitment to ones spouse . ;D ;D

It may be within AS guidelines if the short ceremony were to tied into Lydia mullikin or Mrs Isaac Davis or some other person we select to honor for their commitment to liberty  ::)

The well dressed attendee was going to a wedding when the photo was taken  ;)

Brother ,your post made my day  :)
Calvin Coolidge

MR B (549)

Wow , Great job on the pictures ...I see so many future riflemen in our midst ....Lets keep it going!!!!
George Orwell

Johnnyappleseed

Thought i forgot how to post pic's AGAIN !  ;)  With me it's a use it or lose it proposition  :-[
Calvin Coolidge

MR B (549)

Yesss Mr Gone showing me the ropes  O0
George Orwell