News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

..Hopewell Junction, NY June 9/10, 2012..

Started by Josey Wales, June 13, 2012, 01:06:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josey Wales

..This event at Hopewell Junction (Whortlekill Rod & Gun Club) was a success.  It was a good event and we are scheduled for another on September 9/10 2012.

more to follow......JW
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

jimsky

This was my first Appleseed. Everything was well planned and executed, the instructors and coordinators were very professional. It was a good mix of shooting skills and history. At the end of the first day I was beat; we covered a lot of stuff...off to the hotel, shower, dinner and turned into bed early. I shot a 196, not good enough but within striking distance. I promised myself I'd do better Sunday.

The second day we had better weather (no rain) but the sun was brutal, glad I bought a pop up to sit under. More rifle skills and history. Just before lunch we did more qualification shooting. I thought I did pretty good, handed in the target or scoring. 212, I got my Rifleman's patch. Due to personal reason I left at lunch, but I will be back...it was a great weekend.

Spartan

"With your shield or on it"

Josey Wales

..Project Appleseed had one event at Hopewell Junction in 2011.  We were scheduled for two events but one was cancelled due to the hurricane last year and the destruction it caused to the range property.  I tried to get another fill in date but was denied cause of....whatever.  This year 2012 I was able to secure two dates.  Then a few weeks ago the second event was cancelled cause of an issue with the big turn out for camping on Labor Day, there will be no shooting on the Labor Day weekend due to the children running around.  So we at Project Appleseed took our June event, our only event for the year and tried to make it a good one.  A good one it was, cause we sold out at 18 shooters.  We ran the event as we normally do, like the professional, passionate, hard working volunteers we are, and it paid off.  This year cause of our promotions and the buzz from last year some of the committee members were watching our conjunction function, and they liked what they witnessed.  Let us just say that they were very satisfied and willing to make more Appleseeds happen at their range.  We secured an event for September 8/9 and we will be talking about one in the winter months.  The interest was high and spirits were up.  This is a far cry from last year and even this year with my contact on how, "We can only do one date a year."  I always respected them and just took what they offered, never being a pain.  We let our actions speak volumes and this is what put us over the top with winning the club over.  There is something to be said about Project Appleseed and it's volunteers..............Theeerrreee Grrrrereeaatttttt!!!!!!!!!
..Now on to the After Action Report for this event.  We did have a dedicated group of shooters this weekend.  They sat patiently and watched and listened observantly following directions to the tee.  Men, Woman and Children were on our line and it was good.  Saturday it rained most of the day in a steady kind of drizzle, we used our pop ups for some cover and carried on.  Sunday was hot and sunny, a bit too hot but we used our pop ups as cover and carried on.  We achieved one repeat Rifleman, Don with a 224, oh and gunny shot Rifleman too but we did not score his targets cause his mission is to score a 250... and he will.....  We achieved 3 new Rifleman, Jim with a 212, Fabio with a 215 and Don's Daughter Mackenzie who is 12 years old, she scored a 215 but cause of a technicality was forced to take a 210, for the mere sake of pouring the holy North Bridge Water over her head to christen her to Riflehood.  It was a good weekend..
..To our Instructor Crew, VietVet & CharlieHotel, Men of Honor, Men of Valor, your presence is always a Blessing and I thank you for your support..  To our Instructor in Training Crew, Dude and Daughter Karis Wheel, Thank You for your hard work and dedication to our program.  We need more like you.  Thank You..

...................Join or Die.............Where there is life there is Hope....................
............Strength & Honor..................Josey Wales.................................................

P.S. Hopewell Junction is only an hour and twenty minutes from New York City.  Let us get the masses up there to shoot, to fill up the firing line, and to participate in our American History & Heritage at an outdoor Appleseed.. ............Let's Roll.............
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

sgtrock

Excellence at its Finest,

Some clubs out there do need a little warming up to, great Job Nick and crew,,,

R1SGx2

Nice work by all, Don, you should take some pointers from Gunny and McKenzie, one year ago at Dunhams Bay was her first Appleseed, her and her sister both showed the marksmanship skills to score rifleman, it was their dad Don we had to work with. Gunny, inching ever so close to 250.

Thank you Hopewell Junction for allowing Appleseed back.

Thank you all for all you do,
R1sgx2
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

LittleMo

Great job by all! A huge Thank you to Hopewell Junction for inviting Appleseed back!

As SgtRock mentioned, some clubs need to see how well our events are run. They can also read the many After Action Reports on this forum and reports from other sources to see what others have to say - all good!!! O0

Congrats to the new Riflemen! I've seen Gunny shoot and know he will shoot 250 soon!

jimski, come back to another Appleseed and you will learn more! You will learn more each time you come back. :)

Gary
Growing old is mandatory; Growing up is optional!  :)

Marksmanship can be taught and learned,
but the motivation has to be inspired for the
people to become involved.
How many have you inspired that became involved?

http://www.facebook.com/NYSAppleseed
http://www.facebook.com/ProjectAppleseedVermont

VietVet

Well once again Josey Wales lead the crew to a range he convinced to host an Appleseed. Hopewell Junction, NY the Whortlekill Rod & Gun Club. Special thanks has to go out to this Club for making our weekend such a success. This Club was very willing to do all it could to help us get the word out and touch the hearts and minds of some new Patriots. Also added a few Rifleman to the ranks. As Josey mentioned because of issues out of everyone's control (Mother Nature) a prior Shoot had to be cancelled. This didn't stop JW. He persisted and we had a very successful weekend. With another coming in September.
   Rain on Saturday and blazing sun on Sunday didn't stop the Shooters that were there. They also persisted. Pretty close to handing out one of those "Infernoseed Patches" on Sunday. It was HOT! I give them credit, neither Rain nor heat couldn't stop them.
Congrats to all the Shooters and especially our new Rifleman Jim, Don, Fabio and McKenzie.
I think McKenzie shot 210 just to get cooled off by the North Bridge Water Ceremony.

Thanks to all involved in this Appleseed. It truly was a team effort by all.

Photos to follow. I just need to got through them and pick out the ones to post. It's going to be hard I took so many.

Stay tuned.......
                                    OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

VietVet

Here are some photos to start with.......
                                    OUR

VietVet

A few more.......

OUR

Dude

There were so many things about this shoot that we hear about so often that are typical [rain; hot sun; men, women, and children on the line; new and repeat riflemen; equipment challenges; a great crew of dedicated instructors], yet, in reality, these help to make it unique. Who will forget their first rifleman score? Not Fabio, Jim, and certainly not McKenzie. And, while Don was a repeater, I'm sure he won't forget Mckenzies' 210 either. Neither will Mom, Kitty, or Sister, Riley. HEY! There is a whole family  that spent the weekend together shooting better and better groups! And connecting with their heritage- That's something we can share with folks to bring them out to an event. Watch out for that Riley, she was really improving. O0

A couple of the young men are I'm sure frustrated due to equipment issues, and we need to encourage them in every possible way to come back to the mat. A rifleman persists! Everyone on the line stuck with it as best they could with the heat-we wouldn't want any real serious health issues to develop and watched everyone closely.

By the way, Whortlekill Rod and Gun Club is less than 2 hours from the Capital District. It is definitely one that we in the upstate area should keep on our radar. With the great response we got from that club [thanks to Josey Wales] we should make every effort to sell that venue out every time they let us on the range.

One more round of thanks to our instructor team, not only talented, skillful, dedicated and willing to teach others, they manage to have FUN while doing all this. ;D
Strength and honor

Semper SOM/SOM

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state. --Thomas Jefferson

Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty. --Thomas Jefferson

95THNY

We just wanted to thank all the instructors and the shoot boss for their efforts, we had a great time once again. Seeing my oldest make Rifleman was a big deal for me.

And don't believe a word that Stick Mark (R1sgx2) is saying about what happened up at Lake George last October... LIES! :)  I did learn a lot and had a great time at that event also...

Anyway, I was wondering if there were more pictures from this one, I was looking to see if their were any of Mackenzie getting her patch.

Best regards,

Don ARns

VietVet

Quote from: 95THNY on June 19, 2012, 08:09:35 PM
We just wanted to thank all the instructors and the shoot boss for their efforts, we had a great time once again. Seeing my oldest make Rifleman was a big deal for me.

And don't believe a word that Stick Mark (R1sgx2) is saying about what happened up at Lake George last October... LIES! :)  I did learn a lot and had a great time at that event also...

Anyway, I was wondering if there were more pictures from this one, I was looking to see if their were any of Mackenzie getting her patch.

Best regards,

Don ARns

We have it just need to find out which Instructor took it. I'll get the word out.

Stay tuned.....
                                    OUR