News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Slippery Rock, PA June 9-10, 2012

Started by EZ3, June 12, 2012, 09:23:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EZ3

The twilight stillness of Saturday morning at Slippery Rock Sportsman Club was shattered by the sound of patriotic Americans in search of their Heritage....

Actually, we started shooting after 9AM, and by then the sun was well up in the sky and promising a beautiful (if Hot) day to come.  And Sunday was just as beautiful.  The marksmanship improved (no flogging necessary) throughout the day, punctuated by frequent repites from the sun to pass along the Story of April 19, 1775.  Mr. Happy, Stand, Edheler, and DeckApe took turns regaling the students with the Story of determined Patriots risking their lives, fortunes, and their sacred honor to bring the blessings of Liberty to their progeny.

When the shooting had ended and the smoke had cleared we had found one among us who knows well what he is about!  Persistence paid off for Burt, as he qualified Rifleman on the next-to-last AQT of the weekend.  Also, the persistence of the instructor corps paid off, as we hounded him mercilessly all weekend about his trigger finger. 

:cool2:    We wuz naggin' 'cause he wuz draggin' (wood)!   Congratulations, Burt!  Huzzah!

"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

Edheler

Congrats Burt; I wish I had been there to see it! I had a great day with everyone on Saturday though!