News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hernando Sportsman's Club June 09,10,2012

Started by PHenry, June 12, 2012, 07:14:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PHenry

Sure, but it's a dry heat right? Not so much!  :slap:

Despite dire predictions of 80% chance of rain and sweltering temps - 11 brave souls turned out and had a glorious weekend of honoring the Founders by participating in some good old fashioned marksmanship and history last weekend. All in all, the weather was actually pretty darn great, with lots of overcast on Sat and maybe 4 minutes of light rain to scorching sun on Sunday, with purple-black thunder clouds off in the distance that never came our way. Hmmmm. Rain and thunder everywhere......everywhere except HSC. Seems like Lady Liberty was watching over us all.  O0

What a great group, from Mary Kay, who had never shot from prone or sitting in her life to sweet little Alexis, perhaps the best behaved seven year old child I have ever worked with, who slugged it out all day on Saturday and shot very well. Mark and Andrea were a lot of fun and worked hard, constantly improving to the end - hope to see both of ya'll again soon. Jan toughed it past eye problems and boosted the instructor's morale as always with his kind words. Darren and Eric were kickin in it down on the right - running neck and neck, but in the end, it were Eric who made score. Come back Darren and I'll hook you up with some tips to get him next time.  ^-^

Henry did very well as always. Adam, Alexis' dad was one of the best I have seen - never out of arms reach of his little girl and clearly an excellent parent - America could use more of them for sure. Jen kept me on message all weekend and came so close to score we almost had to dunk her in the North Bridge Water - maybe next time.  ^-^

As I am faced with the stresses of my work week, I gently guide my mind back to last weekend and I smile from ear to ear. My sincere thanks to all who came out - students and instructors. Lots of water and a slightly reduced pace allowed us all to make it through safely and improve our marksmanship and knowledge of history. Even the crusty old shot boss learned a thing or two. I never knew that Richard Pitcairn of the Bounty was Major John Pitcairn's son. The former was in the royal navy and the latter, in the royal marines - both soldiers for King George III.

I also didn't know that Samuel Whittemore served not one, but three kings before he decided he'd had enough of kings and served himself and his posterity by fighting against the third king's tyranny. Many thanks to Engineer Shooting for that one! Americans learning about their extraordinary heritage together and sending rounds down range on a sunny day in Florida. Maybe there are better ways to spend a weekend, but I'll be darned if I can think of a single one!

Huzaaaah!

Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

alkeford

This was a great Appleseed weekend and the determination of the attendees was second to none all came with a teachable attitude and showed vast improvement HUZAAAH!

Thank you all :cool2:
Esse Quam Videri (To be rather than seem to be)
Powder With My Brother Ball Most Hero Like Doth Conquer All,
Tomet Nosce
The Suda, a tenth century encyclopedia of Greek Knowledge, says: "the proverb is applied to those whose boasts exceed what they are,"and that "know thyself" is a warning to pay no attention to the opinion of the multitude.

panhead

howdy

Thanks to a great bunch of patriots who braved some Florida summer weather. Not a whine nor whimper from anyone. (Except maybe me, but I was off to the side  ^-^)

Excellent work by the staff, we were fortunate in number to be able to spell each other a bit when nature called. I guess we are back in the 90's for a spell. Attitudes all around were exceptional. Good history, some of the best DOM retelling to date.

Congrats to Eric, it has been a while coming, but you got it! Darren did very well for his first 'seed, walking away with a 203. I think PHenry has a couple of orange hats ready when you are. They are "one size fits YOU"   O0

Mary Kay, what a pleasure to meet you! You were an inspiration amongst the perspiration.

Y'all keep up the dry fire and see you all again soon I hope.

pan
But, the price they paid to win us our liberty? Few of us can comprehend it. Even fewer of us would want - or even be willing - to pay it. But all of us should know - at least - about it.

Never forget. Just to remember, is to honor.  -Fred

alkeford

I almost forgot congratulations too panhead for making Redhat well done Sir I strive to to live up too your example :bow:
Esse Quam Videri (To be rather than seem to be)
Powder With My Brother Ball Most Hero Like Doth Conquer All,
Tomet Nosce
The Suda, a tenth century encyclopedia of Greek Knowledge, says: "the proverb is applied to those whose boasts exceed what they are,"and that "know thyself" is a warning to pay no attention to the opinion of the multitude.

PHenry

Actually, ol Panhead made redhat at last event, but slimee, slacker shoot boss was fresh out of hats and he had to wait so patiently until this event and even then someone had to remind me!

Joe is the quiet kind. Doesn't complain / doesn't explain and has a long fuse. Double-edged sword in terms of getting his due. Me, I whine all the time and nobody ever wonders what I am thinking, as I have no clutch between mind and mouth.  :-[

Congrats Joe - hard earnt is well deserved.

In Liberty,
PH
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

panhead

howdy

thanks gennemins.

I am a product of the Appleseed self improvement program. If you knew me before the sleeping American awoke, you would see a better person with a postive outlook, goals and priorities. I appreciate the opportunity to turn myself around.
But, the price they paid to win us our liberty? Few of us can comprehend it. Even fewer of us would want - or even be willing - to pay it. But all of us should know - at least - about it.

Never forget. Just to remember, is to honor.  -Fred

Andrea

I had fun and learned a lot!  Thanks to all the instructors for helping me.  I didn't even know how to load bullets. :))  I also enjoyed learning America's history.  P Henry your a good story teller. :pop:

west151precinct

my sincere thanks to all who turned out.
It's always an honor and pleasure to help.
Very good group of attendees.  You all did an excellent job enduring the heat and humidity, and the personal drive and persistence during the AQT's.  Bravo!! or should I say; "Huzzah!"
Wonderful staff, excellent telling of our History & Heritage.  Same story, different way of saying it, very good points made.
I am always humbled, in that, despite my meager offerings, it seems I leave with much more than I gave.
Mike