News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Bedford Contingent Bedford, IN June 9-10, 2012

Started by SPQR, June 11, 2012, 09:09:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SPQR

He stood on the open plain, barren and devoid of life or sustenance.  His face forced into a a deep sneer, SPQR drew a deep breath and bellowed, "LET THERE BE A SHOOT!" 

And there was.

In the shadow of my voluminous ego, rugged good looks, and roguish charm, a couple dozen Americans descended into the valley of the shadow of chilidog's bean field to look themselves in the eye and determine how much their Liberty meant to them.  Thanks to the unceasing efforts of the fine Applecore of Bedford and the other instructors another bang up shoot went down with crackerjack timing and expert humor.  The shooting was great, the food was great, and the company was perfect.  Thank you all.

We had three awesome Riflemen, Jennifer, Luke and the persistent Syd, who completed the circle and made the Lawyer family a Family of Riflemen!

Pictures to come.
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

techres

Syd made it?!  That is AWESOME!!!

I am only sad I missed it.  Surely you have pictures!

:pics:
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

tater

I had a great time as always! We had a very good group of serious shooters on the line. 3 new riflemen! Congratulations to all of you! There are also several that are going to be riflemen very soon.
All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time. Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

Syd

well apparently you're dumb in you don't take notes or wear sunscreen...well. im burnt and have no notes...but im a rifleman (finally) and it feels good...Thanks to all who helped me and made this shoot great!!!!
:---

TBE

Congratulations Riflemen! 
I wish I could have joined you.
The Lawyer family is true of heart, strong of spirit and steady of hand.  Pity their foe.   
Let us therefore animate and encourage each other, and shew the whole world, that a Freeman contending for Liberty on his own ground is superior to any slavish mercenary on earth.  General Washington, July 2, 1776

Slow2Speak

I suppose I could Have done about anything I wanted this past weekend but I chose Appleseed and man what a good choice this was like the rest of the AS shoots I have been to it was awesome it never fails to be nothing but a good bunch of people.I had a great time and hate it when Sunday evening comes. Lots of great shooters eager to learn both the history of this great nation and how to shoot tight groups too. Great job Syd Im so glad you persisted had me a little choked up dont tell anybody tho. Jennifer awesome for your fist appleseed, and Luke I never Had a doubt. Thanks to all the shooters for taking time to come practice at home and come back and get your patch and tell your friends to get sighned up. And thanks to the other instructors for the help and gett :)ing me started.

HQ

Oh my goodness that was a great weekend!!!  I promise there will be more pictures, until then here was the group at the end of Sunday!

I had so much fun this weekend - I really hope everyone else did too!  I will get more pictures up - it is a crazy week - most likely tomorrow evening.

Gun Bunny

A big thank you to all the instructors.  This was my first Appleseed, but will not be my last.  The training was fantastically done, and the history lessons were compelling.  Huff, you'll make a fantastic history teacher.

Spare Mag

Also my first Appleseed and it exceeded all expectations. I loved the marksmanship training and story time with Ol' Huff.

I have so much to practice (esp. sitting position). Luckily I'm headed to the range this weekend and will be reviewing my notes (that's right, I took notes, cause I ain't dumb). Thanks again to all the orange, red, blue, and green hats at the event -- it was great!

Chilidog

Great job everyone! I'm so glad you all came this weekend! Congratulations to all the new riflemen!
No better investment can you make than in your fellow American. For it will pay off in future generations of Americans to come.

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must undergo the fatigue of supporting it" - Thomas Paine

K2011

Great things about the Bedford shoot (other than the obvious):

• The fried chicken was fantastic!
  • No mosquitoes even in June. Maybe the bugs on the farm ate them???
  • A sensible arrangement of tents by the big tree kept us in the shade!
  • Not as hot as I was expecting. Thankfully the clouds decided to help keep the sun off our backs (and rifles!) from time to time
  • Did I mention the fried chicken?

I had a good time, though I was exhausted and totally done by 3 PM. I figured out how to shoot better (I think), and will look forward to see you guys at future shoots!

Loctite

Congratulations to all the new riflemen (women)!!! For those of you still striving; hang in there, it will come. Some of us went to more than 2 (or 3....or 4 even OK 4) Appleseeds before we earned a patch! Earn it you will and it will be great!

Loctite

Orangedotfever

DANG IT! The shoot that Syd earns her patch and I missed it. Great job young lady!
"Need", has nothing to do with it!

"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway." John Wayne

"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living."  John Wayne

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner.
Liberty is a well armed lamb.

beautiful_dust

Thank you to all the instructors, Line Boss, and Shoot Boss.  O0
I made it thru my first (and definitely not last) Appleseed with:
-no sunburn
-no brass burn
-no sore muscles (on Monday)
-a full belly,,,,,,yum Fried Chicken so yummy.
-an excitement for learning history (Thanks, Huff)
-MY RIFLEMAN's PATCH!!  ^:)^ (Thank you Troy and Robbie)

Next, iron sites! See you all in September! I'll bring some friends!
We can't all be Washingtons, but we can all be patriots. ~Charles F. Browne

The patriot blood of my father was warm in my veins.     ~Clara Barton

The American Revolution was a beginning not a consummation.
~ Woodrow Wilson

Know your past to know the future.