News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Atlanta IN, June 9-10 2012

Started by yellowhousejake, June 11, 2012, 08:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowhousejake

Hot!  A lot hotter than the weather said it was going to be. But the quality of Hoosier marksmanship prevailed.

We saw great shooting all weekend, lots of smiling faces, and the quietest bunch I ever had on a line.. peculiar. Then the "Old shoot boss" jokes started and the real personalities came out.

We had some fantastic shooting happening and lots of instructing. You were an great group for taking instruction and applying it, and for that we thank you. You made our job so much easier.

So got some history every American needs to know, excellent marksmanship learned and displayed, and those that came back Sunday got hear the answers to the four questions, and got to shoot a M1 to boot. We made a Rifleman by the end of the weekend when Ben knocked out a 211!!! Very well done. Chrissy and Nick continued their spousal rivalry both continuing to score close to each other and peaking out at the same time.

It was a fun weekend and I thank all of you for coming out and sharing it with us. See on the line again?

Yellowhousejake

PS. Pictures coming...
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

AuntieBellum

What a great group of shooters!  Everyone did a fantastic job, even with the heat to contend with.  Ben - congrats!  I really wish I could've witnessed that 211, but I know you'll be back and do it again - right?   ^-^

Keep practicing, everyone, and get involved.  Take heed of those wise words of Ben Franklin, "A Republic - if you can keep it."  We have work to do.  I look forward to seeing you all again.
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

spitfire51

Thanks to everyone for coming out and braving the heat with us this weekend.  Everyone did a fantastic job being safe on the line, and improving their marksmanship as well.  Congrats to our new Rifleman Ben.  Several others from this weekend's group of shooters will be joining the ranks of the Riflemen very soon.  Chrissy and Nick were knocking out sharpshooter scores all Sunday long, very impressive consistency for your first Appleseed.  With a little practice on transitioning into position at home you'll both be earning that patch real soon.  I really hope everyone who couldn't make it back on Sunday gets to another event soon, we had real good groups all day on Saturday, in all 3 positions, and with a full day of the AQT grind I don't doubt we would've seen some impressive scores out of all of you.  And seeing the great attitude and willingness to learn and improve that Shea showed us should give us all more hope for the future.  Sorry you had to leave so soon.

Thanks to all our shooters and my fellow instructors for another great weekend.  See you all on the line again soon.
"A vote is like a rifle, its usefulness depends on the character of the user" -Theodore Roosevelt

JV

I had a great time this weekend. Could not have asked for a greater group of shooters (and instructors) for my first event working as an IIT. It is a totally different perspective from this side of the line, and I enjoyed every minute of it. Can't wait for my schedule to line up so I can come out and work another one. Ben, congrats on the patch, especially pulling it off on just your second shoot. Well done.
Can't wait to see everyone back on the line,
JV
Quote from: ATM on August 14, 2012, 11:37:57 AM
It does not take a majority of cats to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men and breaking stuff in their houses.

bfreeze

What a great weekend.  Thanks so much to everyone for putting it on.  Thanks for the congrats; the only bummer is it negates my ROC.  Sad face.  Guess I'll have to look in to volunteering to get my fill.  I've got an extremely busy 3 months coming up, so it was great to get outside and work with a bunch of great people.  I'll be sure to grab a weekend by September though.  I'm already looking forward to shoot number 3.  Thanks again for the good work you all do.  It is certainly unappreciated.
-Ben

bfreeze

Clarification: Under appreciated.  It made me laugh for a second, as it is certainly not unappreciated, at least not from where I stand.  Thanks again.
-Ben

spitfire51

Quote from: bfreeze on June 13, 2012, 11:10:54 AM
Clarification: Under appreciated.  It made me laugh for a second, as it is certainly not unappreciated, at least not from where I stand.  Thanks again.

&) That was a close one!  We'd be happy to have you back as soon as you're able, although if you're not careful next time we see you we may try to stick a funny looking hat on you.
"A vote is like a rifle, its usefulness depends on the character of the user" -Theodore Roosevelt

Eleutheria e thanatos

Very good intructors who took the time to make sure everyone understood.