News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Columbiana, AL June 9-10 2012

Started by DUHON, June 11, 2012, 07:30:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DUHON

Once again I would like to thank the Shelby County Sheriff and staff for allowing us the use of their wonderful facility.  O0 Rain was in the forecast but there were some patriots who got up off the sofa to attend this Appleseed to learn about what those brave early Americans did for their posterity. 

Saturday brought a fresh new group to project Appleseed. Cadman started the day with the first strike. We moved on to the first red coat target that was a disappointment to most. !@#) After some fine instruction and some equipment tuning the groups shrank dramatically.  Dane gave us the second strike during lunch and then we were back at it.....in the rain! Rainfall did not dampen these shooters spirits. There were many AQT scores that were very close. Had the Prathers come out for Sunday, I am sure we would have had some more Rifleman patches to hand out. The last redcoat of the day showed marvelous improvement. :) Darrell capped off the day with the third strike of the match.

On Sunday we were treated to liquid sunshine all day. After some review, it was on to the AQT grind. We took a small break and posted some plastic redcoat figurines that were quickly shot to pieces! :~ Back on to the AQT there were several shooters in the 190-208 range. Janie showed what she was about and scored a 224 on her first Appleseed shoot.  :bow: Everyones final redcoat targets were remarkably better again.

I would like to thank all of the attendees for coming out and learning what price was paid for liberty and how it is up to us to insure that the price was not paid in vain. Go out and 7th step. Keep checking the schedule for a fall date at this range. Thank you to the fine cadre of instructors. It was a pleasure to work with all of you.

DUHON

DUHON

Here are the pics.

DUHON

More.

cayseb

Just wanted to say thanks once again to all of the instructors. I had a great time! Having the opportunity card, and knowing that I get to do it all over again in August, ALMOST makes up for not earning my rifleman badge!

For all of my fellow students, it was great meeting you!

4merUSMC1803

Without a doubt, a great group of attendees!  Impressive how they picked up on the instruction and demonstrations in such a short amount of time.  Just as noteworthy, this group implemented the Safety Rules from the start and helped make the event enjoyable for everyone. 
Now that the thread is up, I can't wait to see some of your comments.  Remember, we are continually looking for product improvement, so let us know about your experiences.
Darrell 
D Lawley

goodnerd

What an amazing day the boys and I had Saturday!  Short .22(pun) points on my first shoot still has me a bit plexed but loosing focus showed.  I still think I was shooting Ethan's target and not mine!  He is standing by missing the head shot by only 1/2 an inch.  I will hate that I missed Sunday until the next opportunity comes for sure!

Dane, Darrel, Tracy, Duhon, Bob and Bill - You guys did an outstanding job providing a safe shooting environment that was very informative and historically significant.  Thanks to Shelby County Sheriff and Staff for allowing the use of the range and facilities.

It was nice to meet the others that attended as well.  Hope to see this great project continue!  I've already started recruiting like minded friends and family and challenge everyone to do the same.

DUHON

Thanks for bringing those boys. Glad to hear they are still talking about the weekend. Looking forward to seeing y'all again.

Duhon

professrh

Enjoyed the event immensely. Great training, and a great bunch of students--and instructors.  Thanks to the Shelby County Sheriff's Office for the use of the facility--top shelf! 

I'll be back in October (August if I can make it) for another crack at the AQT. Am very solidly confident that I know what I need to work on. Thanks to the trainers for that!

Best to all,

Jim

camoscout2

What a fantastic weekend! It's not over yet as we'll have to frame all of Janie's winnings. The trainers and fellow shooters were all top notch and the facility was...wow. I've already dropped a thank you email to Sheriff Curry. I honestly can't provide any constructive criticism. The instructors went above and beyond providing everything we could possibly need.  My entire family is still talking about the event, advocating it and planning to come back to knock out that AQT in another couple months!

Special thanks to Duhon and Tracy for the loaner rifles. I have been cleaning my loaners the past few nights. I know the work isn't done when the shoot ends.

Yes, the Prather families will be sending some more money to Ruger and some 10/22 parts manufacturers. My shifting POI tasco is already in the landfill. We're going to be a bit more prepared for this August/October!