News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Afton, Okla. June 9-10 2012

Started by TomCat, June 11, 2012, 06:20:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomCat

I had the honor of being presented with my Red Hat by my mentors:  Will Thompson, Daniel Hensch, and Al Cockrell.  We welcome feedback from shooters and any observers.  It is information to allow us to improve.
Motto of Oklahoma:  Labor Omnia Vincit-  "Hard work conquers all."

TomCat

Beautiful weather over the weekend for an Appleseed!  It wasn't even overly hot.  I am proud of every shooter who came for persevering and sticking it out all the way through both long days.  There were several that came very close to 210, and hope all will return to push that number across the line to become Riflemen.  It just proves that "Rifleman" is no easy chore to accomplish, as every shooter, including me, has had to learn.  But it is that much sweeter when it IS accomplished.  Every shooter received instructions well and it was an exceptionally safe shoot!

Patriot Gal

Congrats on that RED HAT!   O0

Looks like you had a fine group of American "Marksmen in the making" on that firing line!
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

spitstickler

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

Surveyor1653

Congratulations, Tom.  See you guys in September.

Michael
Essayons!

"Liberty — the freedom from unwarranted intrusion by government — is as easily lost through insistent nibbles by government officials who seek to do their jobs as by those whose sole purpose it is to oppress; the piranha can be as deadly as the shark." - Judge Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court

TomCat

Looking forward to seeing you Micheal, and hopefully everyone else who was at the shoot this weekend!

hangfire

Congratulations Tomcat, you have worked hard and will be an outstanding Instructor.

I seen were a Joplin TV station came down and Daniel gave a good interview.

hangfire

henschman

Yes, we had the KOAM weekend anchor come out and do a report on Appleseed.  I finally found that report on KOAM's website:  http://fourstateshomepage.com/fulltext?nxd_id=289022

The reporter was a pretty cool guy... I ran him through the safety briefing and let him shoot through an AQT with my AR.  He had a great time, and picked up some of the fundamentals pretty quickly.  None of that made it into the report apparently.  Anyway, it's nice to have some solid, positive news coverage.  I thought they gave a great description of what Appleseed is all about.  Hopefully it will help get some more numbers at our next Afton shoot in August, and maybe help with the nearby Kansas and Missouri shoots as well. 
"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."
-- Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 1819