News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Pelham, NH AAR 9-10 June 2012

Started by Andy in NH, June 11, 2012, 02:50:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy in NH

A great weekend of good weather and excellent teamwork.  A large contingent of the shooters and staff came from outside NH, but this was a great opportunity to work with a crew which had experiences from all over. It was nice to meet Hawkhaven (who came all the way from Indiana) and listen to his views on the program. 

A good portion of the staff was low level IITs, but none of them hesitated to jump in and teach a class when asked.  All displayed a great team mentality and made my job easier - thanks!

We only produced one new rifleman, and this student was already an accomplished shooter, but he still picked up a few techniques to improve his marksmanship.  Several of our repeat Appleseeders made good strives toward their goal of shooting rifleman and were committed to persisting in their efforts. 

With a large number of staff on hand, it was easy for the instructors to get some trigger time in.

Although many of the "out of town" shooters and staff started home before the KD portion began, those who remained gained more experience shooting at 100 and 200 yards.  Alex, one of our younger shooters, after initially struggling at 100 yards was visibly excited after firing a great group at 200 yards.

Come visit us on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NHAppleseed
Infantry - Everything else is just support!

Infantry - America's only all terrain, all weather weapons system!

Andy in NH

Prior to the first Redcoat

Sue likes her new t-shirt.

This repeat Appleseeder is persisting in the goal of shooting Rifleman.

Rich on his way to shooting Rifleman!

A great way for a father and son to spend a Saturday together!

Infantry - Everything else is just support!

Infantry - America's only all terrain, all weather weapons system!

Lima Tango

What a fantastic weekend. The shooters were great. I saw many shooters make huge gains in skill. There were a few who were getting down after coming so close to scoring that 210, but keep at it. Practice, dry fire, go over the 6 steps, come do another Appleseed. You were right there, we all know you can do it.
The staff was great and the club was great.
I hope to see you all at another Appleseed soon!
Bring your friends.

hawkhavn

Saturday was great!  Thanks to all the folks who made me feel welcome in NH.
It is always a great time to work with new and experienced shooters, wherever they may be.

Sorry I did not get to stay for Sunday but Battle Road was calling....

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com