News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Bloomington, IL AAR June 9-10, 2012

Started by TheEditor, June 11, 2012, 02:39:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheEditor

An excellent, well-attended shoot! 

Thanks to the sponsor for this shoot, GunsSaveLife.com, for picking up the range fees for the shooters this weekend (otherwise $20 per person per day!) and for promoting it so heavily in their monthly publication, GunNews. 

Thanks also to GSLDefenseTraining.com for the use of their generator, sound systems, and shade shelters. 

Thanks to the shooters, for filling two firing lines on Saturday and one big one on Sunday, with teachable attitudes and good cheer in the face of intense sun and heat. 

Thanks to the instructors for making things run so smoothly. 

Thanks to our two new ORANGE HATS, for taking up the Mission - Jenny from Lincoln and Nick from Springfield - forum names to come soon. 

Thanks to our two new BLUE HATS for also taking up the Mission - Wendy from the Bloomington area and Debra from Bloomington. 

More info and pictures to follow - as soon as I find my notes and my camera!  Meanwhile, any who were there, let's see those posts and pics!

TheEditor
John N.
Author of "50 Things You Didn't Learn in School - But Should Have"
www.heuristicbooks.com

John Boch

AK

It was a spectacular Appleseed weekend in Bloomington.  Worked with a lot of really great Americans!  It is always nice to see families at the shoots and we had several family units represented.  Congratulations to Jenny on taking the Orange Hat Saturday morning and helping to instruct.  Great job!  Congratulations to Nick, who requalified as a Rifleman and took an Orange Hat.  Congrats to Mike who earned his Rifleman patch on Sunday at his first Appleseed.  I think we will be seeing an orange hat on him soon as well.  Congrats to Wendy and Debra on taking Blue Hats.  Looking forward to working with both of you.  Congratulations to our two youngest shooters Bennet and Kenny.  Look forward to seeing both of you at another Appleseed soon.  I worked with a great bunch of instructors this weekend.  Lots of fun in the sun!  I have a few pictures from Sunday afternoon.
I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me.
~Lee Greenwood

"We here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain; that this nation shall have a new birth of freedom; and that this government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth." ~Abraham Lincoln

AK

My pictures.
~Lee Greenwood

"We here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain; that this nation shall have a new birth of freedom; and that this government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth." ~Abraham Lincoln

AK

The Editor with our two Young Patriots,  Kenny and Bennet.
~Lee Greenwood

AK

Debra looking sharp in her new Blue Hat.
~Lee Greenwood

AK

Two Riflemen, Nick and Mike.
~Lee Greenwood

Brother_COM

This was a spectacular shoot! Great weather! Great SB and instructors! and my whole family was there with me. (See Elijah's picture below as he was following The Editor's instruction on obtaining NPOA in the seated position. It's classic! 
this AAR is one of the most picturesque' posts I have ever seen! here's a few more - Enjoy!  O0

GREAT SHOOT!

Shooter30-06

Great pictures!  This sounds like a recording for all of the Guns Save Life shoots but this was a very nice shoot with a great bunch of shooters.  Congratulations to Nick and Mike.  You guys shot Rifleman in very intense heat and deserve praise.  All of the shooters were very cooperative and attentive.  A special shout out to Team "T" who started out complete, inexperienced beginners and all became knowledgeable marksman before the weekend was over.  A final thanks to all of the instructors I worked with - you are a great bunch.  Nice job Jenny and AK!
"We cannot insure success but we can deserve it."-John Adams
"Remember, all men would be tyrants if they could."-Daniel Defoe

TheEditor

More pictures!
Including Bennett, our designated marksman. 
John N.
www.heuristicbooks.com

TheEditor

In the second pic in this post, Shooter 30-06 calls the line; Nailer 22 and AK are watching, and 2 Clicks Low, with the red hat, is at the far end of the line, down in the dirt with the shooters. 

The sound system really helped with everyone hearing line commands, as well as with patter during prep time and long firing sequences. 

TE
John N.
www.heuristicbooks.com

2 clicks low

Down in the dirt, where the lead meets the rifeling, thats the second best place to be. Telling history and DOM's is the best.

Thanks for having me. It was a great shoot. One day I'll figure out that if I have a mic in my hand I DON'T have to shout line commands. #)

Special thanks to all the students, you are the reason I do this.

2cl
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

Amber Waves

^:)^ Awesome job, guys!  So cool to have more Blue Hats.

We hope to work with you all sometime soon.

Single Barrel

This was my first Appleseed event and, to be honest, I wasn't sure what to expect.  Boy, am I glad I went! Turns out it was one of the most worthwhile, satisfying and, yes, grueling weekends I've spent in a long time.  I personally want to thank everyone involved:  Shoot Boss, Instructors, Orange Hats and all the other participants for making it such a great event.  Everyone had such a great attitude it was a pleasure and honor to be involved.  I especially want to thank Shooter30-06 for his encouragement, instruction, history lessons and patience.  What a great asset to this organization!!

I will definitely attend another shoot although I may have to wait for cooler weather.
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"   Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus