News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Lewiston, Idaho, June 9-10, 2012

Started by Rizzin, June 11, 2012, 02:47:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rizzin

Great weather with only a slight attempt at liquid sunshine Saturday afternoon.

4 new Riflemen (congratulations Steve, Steve, Joe & Cleve) and a repeat Riflemen (. We had many more very close.

Rumor have it that Evenstar was seen once or twice with my camera (or was it that she only put it DOWN once or twice? it gets confusing sometimes ^-^ ) so she will have pictures shortly for those interested in such things  @)

It was just a great Appleseed weekend.

Evenstar

A big thank you to the LCWC for hosting an Appleseed once more, and to Chief Bob and Tony for the great lunches.

Another big thanks to the attendees who made the event possible. Without you, we'd have no one to teach or share our Heritage with. Thank you all for your teachable attitudes. I'm looking forward to seeing you back on the line with a friend or two. O0

I DO have some pictures, some of my favorite to date so far, actually (like the one below)!

I don't have time to post them all yet, so I'll just put up one for now. Pretty much sums up the weekend. Here's the 'Appleseed Smile'!!! ^:)^

More later...
'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

jeffdubya

Great Appleseed this past weekend. Question, I would like to post an open letter to Project Appleseed, seems like it could fit well in "Announcements" but I apparently do not have posting permissions in that forum. Suggestions?
"Enlighten the people, and tyranny and oppressions will vanish like night at the dawn of day." - Thomas Jefferson

Evenstar

Quote from: jeffdubya on June 12, 2012, 03:31:53 AM
Great Appleseed this past weekend. Question, I would like to post an open letter to Project Appleseed, seems like it could fit well in "Announcements" but I apparently do not have posting permissions in that forum. Suggestions?

You should be able to post it over on the Idaho state board (everyone has access to it, so it'll be open for anyone to read). Here's a link to the board: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?board=187.0.

It was great to meet you this past weekend; we'll see you around! O0

ES

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11

jeffdubya

Will do. It was great meeting MORE of your clan (you, your brother), thank you for all of your encouragement and insight this past weekend. I am constantly amazed by Appleseed instructors, always amazing teachers and quality individuals.
"Enlighten the people, and tyranny and oppressions will vanish like night at the dawn of day." - Thomas Jefferson

Evenstar

I know I've met some of the best people at Appleseed, both instructors and attendees. It's a pretty great program in my opinion. ;)

Well, I've finally got a bit of time to post up pictures (now that the 2-3/4 tons of grain has been loaded and unloaded by hand). So, here they are. For those of you who requested me to send you your pictures, I'll get them to you as soon as I can.

After the first redcoat, Saturday morning was kicked off with instruction on the prone position and sling uses by myself and Western Rose.

WR working with Laura. It was fun having you on the line! After your busy summer, I hope you have a chance to come back with friends (and people we already know)! :)

Having fun!

I believe this is Brian

Francis did a great job on Saturday

Olga

WR coaching Barbra

Here's Steve

And the other Steve

TruT working with Sam, one of our youth attendees, on his trigger control

Make-shift sling

Inches-Minutes-Clicks instruction

Troy, glad you were finally able to make it to an Appleseed! Thanks for bringing your boys. They did great! I'm sure we'll see you back at an event.

Shoot Boss gets after Steve about his trigger control ;)

Instruction on transitioning to prone. Always with the muzzle in a safe direction.

Instruction on standing position by RR and TT

Mother and daughter doing the 'ball and dummy' drill with Dave overseeing. Should have heard her - "Mom, don't jerk the trigger!" "You blinked!" ;D

Husband and wife team

Shoot boss in training

WR verifies sights

Listening to someone talking, I'm sure.

Cleve's mosin

Brian works on seated position

And our Saturday Rifleman! Congratulations, Steve!!! HUZZAH! ^:)^

Sunday pictures soon...

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11

Joni

Here are all of the pictures I took of the weekend! Please feel free to take any of them you want

https://picasaweb.google.com/GretaStuff/20120609_LewistonID?authkey=Gv1sRgCNrRwr_Lt-qajwE

jeffdubya

George Hacker

Quote from: jeffdubya on June 12, 2012, 08:23:03 PM
Great photos.
Yes indeed.  You guys had the photographical dream team at the Lewiston shoot last weekend with Western Rose, Evenstar, and Joni.  The pictures come out great when one of the three is at a shoot - but all three at the same shoot is awesome.

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

Evenstar

A cleared Sunday morning red coat!

Sunday morning instruction

Chris and Jeff, it was a pleasure having you guys on the line.

Abe has some real talent. He's very calm and laid back, which resulted in great groups downrange. (He LOVED blowing up peppermints.) :cool2:

Brent, it was great to see you and Joe on the line again!

Spencer, shooting left handed with a right hand bolty. He stepped up to the challenge.

Cleve shooting his mosin with bayonet attached, before switching to a .22.

Clyde practicing his prone position

Mitch came on Sunday to shoot for the very first time! (Ended up moving the scope forward...)

Mid-afternoon story time by Theophilus

TruT explains the AQT

Joe

Full line at Lewiston!!!

Joe joined his dad in the Rifleman ranks! Congratulations! Brent re-qualified multiple times over the weekend, and IIRC, he cleared the 4th stage every time!

Congratulations, Steve!

Cleve joins his twin brother as a Rifleman!

Now for some KD

Brian shoots for the 100 yard targets

And the beautiful rifles with soul come out!

Ahem, I'm kinda proud of these two shots... ::)

Notice the blink! >:D

Father and sons

Tim, such a pleasure talking and working with you. Thank you for your calm teachable attitude, even while we worked with getting you sighted in!

And Washington has a new shoot boss!

And for your amusement.... Jeff had to shrink a little to get to WR's height. ;)

Thanks again everyone! Great weekend!

BTW, ShadowMan, Rizzin took a few of these too, namely, the ones with me in them. ;D Otherwise, I generally had the nice camera, or WR did. ;)

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11

akjaeger

Great pics Evenstar!
I had a great time at the appleseed on Sunday. Learned new things, as always. These clinics are excellent.
My son Joe made rifleman at his 3rd appleseed, with a score of 239! Proud moment for a dad.
Thanks to all the instructors and to the Lewis Clark Wildlife club for hosting the event.

George Hacker

Thank you, Team Idaho, for sending us back another shoot boss. ..:..

Evenstar - you are correct about Rizzin wielding a camera.  We had *four* crack photographers at the Lewiston shoot. :slap:

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

sedgar

I just wanted to say to all of you who invest your time to put these on that you ROCK!
This was both great training and just flat out a fun time.  I was on my (long) drive home before I was able to put words to what I felt while I was there.  You really created an atmosphere of incredible support combined with high expectations that went well beyond the physical act of shooting a good score.  It really felt like being welcomed into a great family for the weekend.  What an honor!
Thank you.
I look forward to the next time when I'll bring my daughter back!
Steve

TruTenacity

What a great weekend!

We had Steve E. come clear from the Seattle area after waiting for at least a year before his schedule opened up enough to attend an Appleseed event to locals from a home schooling group to the twins that keep coming back and now that they've both earned their rifleman's patch are ready to take on the OH once the range in Riggins finishes the numerous improvements necessary to be a viable range to folks like Jeff, the other Steve, and Chris who keep coming back because they love liberty, love our heritage, and want to become proficient rifle marksman to ... well, you get the picture.  This was an amazingly enjoyable group of folks from all ages to work with, teach, converse with, and much more.

Abe ... your enthusiasm was contagious as was your smile.
Sam ... "Mrs. Cernik, will there be more history telling?" "Yes, but why?"  "Because I LOVE history!"  I wish more folks did, Sam.
Troy ... you and your two boys were a delight to have with us.  Your quiver is filling up with young men you and Kelly will continue to be proud of.

Tawne ... thank you for bringing Mitch.  It was a privilege being the organization you chose to help him squeeze the trigger for the first time.  As the day wore on your enthusiasm was stirred.  We look forward to having you and your daughters on the line with us hopefully at the Ladyseed in August.  We hope you take a bit of what you learned  back to the home school group you are involved with.  We'd love to have all of them on the line in the near future.

Jim and Luke ... It's always a joy having father and sons come to events.  You both worked through a number of difficulties, but hung in there through to the end.  Thanks for purchasing memberships and getting ROCs.  We look forward to seeing you in CdA and Lewiston again.  I had mentioned you may be interested in attending Medical Lake next month, but the event is sold out.  Anyway, see you again in next month.

Tim ... you were a great encouragement to my family.  We look forward to watching you progress in our skills as you continue to work through your disability, improvise, adapt, and overcome.

Cleve and Clyde ... it is always a pleasure to have you with us.  Sorry we had to pull your mosin, Cleve, but look at the bright side, you earned your rifleman's patch with a loaner .22lr.  Keep us posted regarding the development of the range near you two.

Laura ... it was fun having you join us.  And to think you were able to use your new birthday present, too!  Too bad we didn't get a picture of what we cobbed together in order to make you one with your rifle.  Now to get the proper sling on your new Ruger 10/22, a stock extension, and a couple other adjustments and you'll be doing fine. 

Wayne and Barbara ... thanks for coming.  It is always enjoyable having husband and wife teams encouraging one another.  Barbara, maybe you can join us in August.

Brian ... thanks for bringing yourself, Olga, and Francis to the event.  Francis was a delight and her smile was as contagious as Abe's.  Olga was a joy to have with us. 

Steve E. .. I'm glad an event finally fit into your schedule and for making the long trek into the inland northwest.  You are a steady, relaxed shooter and it showed.  Shooting a rifleman's score when attending one's first event is not the norm.  We are so glad you enjoyed your time with us enough to already know what you want for your birthday come November.  I'm sure your daughter will be happy to give you that birthday gift and join you on the line next year. 

Brent, Joe, and Spencer ... walk-ons are always welcome.  Father and son shooting rifleman scores is always fun.  Bringing a friend is great!  Spencer ... you sure do like challenges running a right hand bolt action rifle even though you are a left-handed shooter.  You were a great participant and had a wonderful teachable attitude.  Thank you.

Jeff, Steve, and Chris ... what can I say.  You are always welcome on our line.  Your character, your willingness to listen, learn, and attempt to assimilate and then put into practice all that we teach you is exemplary.  Jeff, thank you for bringing a guest flag and for the additional information you taught us during a portion of our flag tour.

New and repeat rifleman ... remember, the patch is just symbolic of your ability to shoot a 210 or better on the AQT.  It is a rifleman's character that counts.

Aspiring rifleman ... remember you may proceed to develop your rifleman's character even though the patch isn't yours yet.  Why? Because it isn't about the score; it's all about our heritage and a willingness to defend it.

All ... thank you for being great students.  Though I thoroughly enjoy being down on the ground with you all helping you develop your rifleman skills, telling you about your/our heritage is becoming more and more "addicting" if you will.  Looking into your eyes, seeing the light come on, the conviction of "this is my heritage" grow makes every word that comes from my mouth sweet to the lips even if some of the horrific details of our story is hard to tell.

Let's show our gratitude to the founding generation by never forgetting and always working at protecting that which they laid down their lives to obtain.
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

Western Rose

For the first time in months I was finally able to fully apply myself to a whole Appleseed weekend. I am so thankful for the opportunity to be on the line with the instructors and shooters this past weekend. I can not think of a more fantastic weekend to remind me why I love doing this.

A huge thanks to the parents who brought out their children and for bringing them up right.
To all of the attendees this past weekend, thank you for coming out. We couldn't have had this event without you. Each of you made this past weekend what it was. Thank you for being attentive and your willingness to learn. You guys and gals are great and it was a privilege and honor to be on the line with you.
Congratulations to the new and repeat Rifleman! You did well. O0
To those of you who aren't quite there, remember what you've been taught and practice, practice, practice! You will get there. Of that, I have the utmost confidence. I don't know about you, but I sure saw a lot of improvement over the course of the event. Well done.

To the instructors, you guys rock. :) Thank you for teaching so well and being so supportive.

Thank you to Lewis Clark Wildlife Club for having us out for another glorious weekend. Special thanks to Chef Bob for the yummy hamburgers.

It looks like pictures have pretty much been covered, but here are a few more...

Friends

ES telling Third Strike

Sunday morning review

Making hit home

Jeff taking it in

"Little Man" was a Sunday only shooter. He was attentive, learned quickly, did well, was super safe, and kept us all smiling.

ES with Mitch

Tim watching and learning

Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

Rizzin

I was finally able to get the full album from the weekend uploaded so here is a link to it
https://plus.google.com/photos/113135752993733636241/albums/5754124359068598561

It was great to see and work with everybody and can't wait to do it again.