News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Fresno, CA June 2-3 AAR

Started by Garand56, June 06, 2012, 10:52:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garand56

Saturday started sunny and calm with 12 shooters in attendance. As the day progressed it got hotter and windier until by the afternoon we were in a regular gale and getting well blasted with sand and grit. Nevertheless, most of the shooters stuck it out, and we closed the day with 10 shooters much dirtier than they were when we started in the morning (kind of like Iraq but cooler with no one shooting back at us).

Sunday was cooler and much calmer. Scores started to pick up into the 180s and 190s including Chris who shot the first perfect stage 1 on the AQT that I have seen. We finished with 8 shooters and a new Rifleman-congrats to Chris for a job well done. There were many more knocking on the Rifleman door, so we hope to see them back next time. Thanks to Krahnic, Double D, and Senor Baer for the help. See you on the trail. Pics to follow.

G56 OUT.
We're surrounded...that simplfies the problem.

"Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"
-Lt. Gen. Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC

Johnnyappleseed

Good report G56  O0
Looking forward to pic's on that dust storm  ;D
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Scottyl33t

Sorry I couldn't make it to help out. surgeries will do that to a guy. :/

Sounds like it went well though. can't seem to get a weekend without wind though. two in a row!

And I missed Dexter? what the heck! haha