News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ramah, CO June 2-3, 2012

Started by Prone to Knit, June 05, 2012, 12:31:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prone to Knit

This was a wonderful shoot with 28 students Saturday and 31 on Sunday. We had to stop a little early on Saturday when the winds whooshed so hard we couldn't keep our eyes open because of blowing dirt and the equipment was going airborne.  As soon as the rifles were cased and the equipment put away, the rain started and students chased down equipment that had blown to other berms.

They were back with enthusiasm for another day on Sunday - it was just plain hot. Where was just a little of the wind from the day before?

There were many on the line that had never fired anything and we turned them into shooters. What great smiles! We didn't ask but four volunteered that they had seen us at the Self Reliance Expo a couple weeks ago.

I'm starting this thread to post some comments made by students that wanted to get a message to the instructors but didn't know how:

Just wanted to say thank you so much for your time today. We learned SO MUCH! It's a really good thing you guys are doing, and your team is fantastic.
Cole will be back tomorrow with Rick and Denny but not sure I'll make it back after church. I will plan on attending another Appleseed soon, however, and I'll bring more folks with me.
Blessings to you-
Amie

Great Event! Wildly successful thanks to a few VERY hard working and dedicated instructors.
We appreciate you!
Julie

And we appreciate all of you, too!

Kim
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - George Orwell
That's why I knit for our troops.
http://coversandsoles.org

owell

This team is very modest! They hold the whole shoot together and offer endless encouragement.
Amazing folks.  Southern Colorado, come meet them.
A special thanks to Tim for the gracious lending of his equipment.
Julie

Eagle Wing

Great shoot directed by Jim and Mike.  They and the other instructors were a tremendous help.  This was my third Appleseed, each time new knowledge is gained and my skills improve. Keep up the good work.

Mark W

Sheepdog

Good working with everyone in Ramah. A big welcome to all the New instructors
Mark it is good to see you on the forum. I hope I can be there when you break through to Rifleman.
Thanks everyone for coming. Special thanks to Jim and Kim for their efforts to move AS forward in CO!
Sheepdog
RAMSEUR: SEVEN OH EIGHT