News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Rochester, IN HAILseed, June 2-3, 2012

Started by AuntieBellum, June 04, 2012, 02:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AuntieBellum

What a fantastic weekend for shooting!  Beautiful weather...mostly  ;) ...and some true Patriots came out to join us.  We had a couple of people new to Appleseed join us - Dave and Crista, it was a pleasure to have you both there.  Dave, I'm sorry you had to miss the 100 yd portion.  Bring that AR back and we'll do it again.  And Crista, now that you have that 25 yd line marked off in the backyard and some targets, I know you'll come back ready to grab a patch.  And it's always a pleasure to have the Pierrs and Hausers join us.  What a fun group!  It was fantastic to see the improvement you all made between last August and this weekend.  Keep up the practice.  I know you'll each get your Rifleman patch. 

All of these Americans came together this weekend to reinvest themselves in our shared heritage and improve their marksmanship skills.  And that they did.  They could have sat on the couch.  They could have lounged by the poolside.  They could have went shopping for knick-knacks or the latest fashions.  Instead they came to an Appleseed.  And they did it in beautiful weather.  And in the hail.  Seriously - they kept on shooting through the hail.  It was truly an impressive sight.  Thank you all for being strong-willed, tough-to-the-core Americans.  I love it.  Looking forward to seeing you all again soon.  Pictures coming soon!
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

FireAxes

Someone say pictures?

Lonely rifles

AQT demo

Stage 1

Ball and dummy

KD!

What a great group of shooters for me to draw on my first weekend instructing. Rochester is a really nice range, I'm hoping to make it there on a regular basis.
Work on those positions at home. It's easy to watch TV in the sitting or prone a few minutes each night. Dry firing doesn't cost a thing either, just be safe, triple check that rifle! Let's get those scores higher.

AFTERMATH

Ain't nothin' like a good hailstorm to get you in that Rifleman's Bubble!

Keep up the good work Indiana! 
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

yellowhousejake

AWESOME! Courtlin on the demo squad.  I've seen her shoot, I venture to say she did as good a job as any instructor.

:bow:

YHJ
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

AuntieBellum

Courtlin did a fantastic job on the demo AQT.   O0

More pictures!!!

"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot