News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Stevenson, WA - June 2-3, 2012

Started by George Hacker, June 04, 2012, 11:18:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

George Hacker

Wow!  Just spent a weekend with some awesome patriots who wanted to learn a little history and sharpen their marksmanship skills.  We had a sold-out event and there were so many people the shooting was done in relays.  A positive side effect was that shooters were still going strong at the end of the day Sunday and we didn't have serious attrition because of exhaustion.

Thank you, Cascade Sportsman's Club, for hosting this event.  We appreciate your support.

Congratulations, Jodi, for shooting rifleman on your first AQT on Saturday.  It has been long overdue.  Congratulations to all the other riflemen, Bob, Paul (paulw on the forums), TJ, and Mike.  Although no orange hats were taken, a few took a flier about becoming an instructor and a progress check 0 and are thinking it over.

Well done to all the youth that participated: Carl, Matthew, Nikki, Eli, Ivan, Luka, Jake, and Sam.  You were all very persistent and well behaved during the weekend.  You were a pleasure to work with.  A few stayed after class and got behind an M1-Garand.  We were almost blinded by all of the HUGE smiles afterwards.

We had some first-time shooters that did very well.  I think we will see them again.

For those of you who didn't make rifleman: dry practice daily.  Work on your magazine changes and transitions until they become second nature.  Become more familiar with your rifles.  "This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine."

Finally, we put up directional signs to help the shooters find the event.  As a result, a few folks dropped in and asked questions because they saw the signs.  This was amazing because the range is a couple miles away from the highway on a dirt road (and they still came out of their way to ask questions).

Other instructors and shooters, please post pictures and share your stories as well.

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

owell

kenjo

Wow! What a GREAT group of shooters! The collective willingness to learn and apply the lessons was very impressive. In spite of the crowded conditions requiring adaptation to the shooting relay method (which worked very well) the shooters maintained excellent attitudes and seemed to be really enjoying themselves. Their attitude really made the weekend fun for the instructors as well. Thanks to all who came out to learn and work to improve their skills. I hope to see them all again at future events--especially our soon-to-be new Orange Hats.  ^:)^
"At what point then is the approach of danger to be expected? I answer, if it ever reach us, it must spring up amongst us. It cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide."  Abraham Lincoln

Ducko

Sounds like a great shoot, I am sorry I had to miss meeting new shooters and working with my fellow instructors. Congrats to the new rifleman!   Good job on the Redhat Kenjo!   Nice photos Joni
Ducko
Don't wait, go to the sound of the rifles and get involved! 

We are not to expect to be transported from despotism to Liberty in a feather bed!
Thomas Jefferson

George Hacker

Ducko,

You were sorely missed.  Thank you for taking one for the team and working that gun show in Redmond to promote Project Appleseed.  RL was beside himself working a sold out shoot and having to run relays.

We stumbled upon some .45 ACP brass at the pistol range next door and collected it for you so we can get you reloading.

Thanks again for working the gun show.  Promotions doesn't guarantee we will fill the line, but it sure helps.

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

RL

Thank you everybody for coming. Congrats to our new Rifleman. Jodi aka Fidgit is going to take an Orange Hat. She loves her "Shoot Like a Girl" hat! Thank you as well to our shooters for their patience. Not shooting in relays initially was a pain, but they got through just fine.
...and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people.
John Adams, from the Boston Gazette, February 6, 1775

We live, my dear soul, in an age of trial. What will be the consequence, I know not.
John Adams in a letter to Abigail, 1774.

Joni

Congratulations Kenjo on your Red Hat, love it!

Joni

Congratulations Robert on your Rifleman Patch! and on your repeat rifleman score on Sun.

Joni

Congratulations Jo on your Rifleman Patch...and your pink hat looks wonderful on you!

Joni

I am having a hard time posting more then one picture at a time. Here is the picasa link, the new Rifleman Pictures are here. I will get more on this link soon so keep checking back.

https://picasaweb.google.com/GretaStuff/20120602_StevensonWA?authkey=Gv1sRgCP3u_ark-czLDQ

Prescott

It looks like all the shooters had a good weekend for the perfection of their marksmanship skills.   It sounds like RL did a great job to adapt and overcome the restrictions of the range to make sure everyone got plenty of trigger time over the weekend.   

Congratulations to Jo, Bob, Paul, TJ and Mike one earning their rifleman patch.  This is a great number of new riflemen to add to the NW.

Jo, you have shown true persistence in earning your rifleman patch, this shows a lot about your character as a US citizen.   I am jealous that I didn't get a kiss from RL when I earned my rifleman patch.

Kenjo, congratulations on your Red Hat.  Wear it with pride on the fire tower this summer and it will help open 7th stepping opportunities in the Blues.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

Snoplop

When it comes to basis for merit would like to tender my heartfelt thanks to the excellent instructors (and Instructors in training- Joni)
that selflessly give their time and energy to make Appleseed happen and America a better place because of it.
You brought history to life and we are looking forward to attending more Appleseed's for instruction....

so I can get the repeatable accuracy that doesn't make me grimace.
Pretty heady stuff (no pun intended) when Jo was presented with that 'shoot like a girl' hat and her Rifleman patch.
That said would not intentionally slight any shooters at this event with their new found rifle craft skills.
But the question now is if I can earn a 'Shoot like Jo' hat? Hmmmm
She's tuff enuff to wear pink - I'm thinking it would clash with my attire - earth tones not so much.
Three huzzahs for the event and hope to see more of you all when we have one at CWSA if not sooner.
"Then there are sheepdogs," he went on, "and I'm a sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf."