News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Biloxi, MS - June 2-3, 2012

Started by LawDog, June 04, 2012, 10:50:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LawDog

Ten fine Americans toed the Line at the blessedly shady Coast Rifle and Pistol Club this weekend.  From the newest hands to the most experienced salts, all advanced their skills and their appreciation of liberty.  Everyone expressed great appreciation to our host, BiloxiSteve, and our Shoot Boss, dart67eb, whose mix of capable instruction and quick wit kept the group relaxed but moving forward quickly.

Several shooters proved themselves in high fashion.  We saw two Rifleman patches earned on Sunday.  Liz approached the task with steely determination and refused to be denied.  George calmly and steadily improved until he too joined the ranks of Riflemen.  Jason requalified, as did Peter.  Both showed their effectiveness with multiple rifles.  (Contributions are being accepted for Pete's Garand Fund!)  Chang was knocking on the door and we will no doubt see him break it down very soon.

Bob, thank you for bringing Hayden.  What a great gift you give by bringing a child to Appleseed.  Arlene and Bruce, be safe and come see us again after your hike.

As goodbyes were said on Sunday, the air was filled with talk of future Orange Hats and signing up for more Shoots.   In the presence of Americans like these folks, one can feel the tide turning.  Thank you all. 

Biloxi Steve

My Orange Hat is off to both Lawdog for his steadfast support of the Biloxi Appleseed events and for his Orange Hat changing volor to Red. I also appreciate his allowing me the opportunity to experience the Garand Rifle. I would also like to thank dart67eb for traveling from Memphis with his son Peter to be our shoot Boss. As at eery Appleseed, I learn something new at each event. Eb provided new information to be put to use in future Appleseeds. As lawdog stated, we had a varied group and saw improvement from each. All-in-all a very successful weekend. Enjoy the pics.

Biloxi Steve

Lawdog, this one's for you.

Biloxi Steve

More pix.

LawDog

Quote from: Biloxi Steve on June 04, 2012, 07:08:10 PM
Lawdog, this one's for you.

I never did like orange!  Red looks so much better!

dond

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

ARJJ

Another congrats to LawDog! I think you're every bit worthy of that red hat!

Thanks to all of you for an enjoyable Sunday. There was a lot of great shooting yesterday, and I liked the organization and greater hands-on that resulted from the smaller group size.

Johnnyappleseed

Congratulations  Law Dog  O0

Mississippi men and women who truly know what they are about  O0

BTW I was made an honorary Mississippian at Canton 2010 -- I title which I feel proud to accept  ;D
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

dart67eb

Quote from: Johnnyappleseed on June 05, 2012, 02:03:58 PM
Congratulations  Law Dog  O0

Mississippi men and women who truly know what they are about  O0

BTW I was made an honorary Mississippian at Canton 2010 -- I title which I feel proud to accept  ;D

Gee, all I do when I go down that way is knock a headlight out to fit in :slap:
Ignorance may be bliss, but it's not a virtue.

dart67eb

Another wonderful shoot and once again, more instructors disappointed that I don't look like my avatar **)

But seriously,  we had some fine Americans turn out to a great facility to hear the story of our heritage and learn marksmanship skills.  I believe everybody took something worthwhile home with them.  I know I did.  Congrats to George and Liz on earning the patch.  Liz elected to take a Madam Yotnottin patch and will be researching her.  George will probably see us soon with a hat.  Jason is back in the game.  And Pete, well, he's just Pete.  Chang, three's a charm.  I never saw better star targets than from you and Liz.  I know Hayden will drag Bob back and Bob has some stretching to do.  For two people that never fired a rifle before, Bruce and Arlene did a great job.  Special thanks to Thomas for keeping Dan straight.   Kudos to Steve for setting up this facility and for the coffee and water.  History is next!  Dan earned his red hat and is a fine instructor.   As always, I'm always humbled by the quality of people I meet at these clinics.  Huzzah to all!  Now for the pics...

dart67eb

Oh, and Pete (standing over my shoulder) wanted me to share that he cleaned stage 4.  Kids these days...