News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

HOUGHTON LAKE, MI. JUNE 2/3 2012

Started by Superheat, June 04, 2012, 12:30:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superheat

Wow what an event.  Teachable attitudes are abundant in Houghton Lake.  It is way too late to be on the computer, so I will post more later.  Please post up pictures.  Bad ShootBoss forgot his camera.   :shootself:

Saturday we had light rain most of the day.  That did not stop these Americans!  We ended the day with one AQT.  That was all LIZ/Beth needed.  She gladly read the story of Madam Yahtnoghton and every one got a lump in their throat.  Beth you earned that Purple patch.  HUZZAH!

Sunday:  GrayPipper greeted the ShootBoss with his bagpipes.  Chilling.  Mac was ready to charge Percy's column.  Easy big guy.

I honestly have never has so much fun as an instructor.  The students were smiles from one end of the line to the other.  A few memories from the day: PERFECT WEATHER, Total annihilation of Hammers old hat, Everyone grumbling about the run and gun but smiling while they were doing it, Several shooters so close to that 210,  More later...

Thanks IRONSIDES for stepping up.  O0

Marilyn with .22 in ear?  I missed that.

At least I didn't lock my keys in my truck this time... We just had to jump hammers truck and fix Mac's flat tire.  :slap:

mac66

Who doesn't like bagpipes in the morning?  General Gage was at the battle of Cullodon, Scotland in 1746 as were many of his officers.(while stationed in Boston those officers called themselves "The Old Cullodoners"). They put down the Scots quest for freedom at that fight and then slaughtered the survivors. I had a direct ancestor who was the chief of our clan who fought and died there. Bagpipes were subsequently banned as an instrument of war after that battle.  (geez, there goes mac and his history again  ::) )

Hearing the pipes stirs my soul and kinda makes me want to go out and shoot Redcoats...(targets that is).

Another great weekend for shooting and learning our history.

I had a shooter come up to me and say. "this is a lot of fun and the people, both instructors and shooters alike are so nice".  "Yeah," I said, " kinda like a one big Appleseed family".  I think that guy gets it.

Indeed it was a joy and pleasure sharing the line with the  shooters we had. All had great attitudes and a happier bunch I've never seen. 
Status quo, you know, is Latin for 'the mess we're in'.
Ronald Reagan

Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. Will Rogers

The King has degenerated into a tyrant and forfeits all rights to his subjects' obedience."  Patrick Henry, 1765

Motivation?...The best solution to morale problems is to kill all the unhappy people  Ghenghis Khan

MadHatter

That was a weekend I will never forget! Bagpipes, purple patch, rain, wind, teachable attitudes! Words can not describe that weekend! (well, Acctually, I think they just did! ;)) I am proud of the progress all the students made.   Can't wait to see you all again at the next appleseed!
"Glove up!" Wizard
"Those who stand for nothing fall for everything." Alexander Hamilton

Caliper

Wow, Appleseed events just keep getting better!  Bagpipes, great (Sunday) weather, the boom of 'burbs Socom and the enthusiasm of so many great students on top of it all!   :bow:  Really made for a great weekend! 

Hammer Forged

I've always loved the Houghton Lake area and now there's just one more thing to love - An Appleseed at The Houghton Lake Sportsman's Club!

The teachable attitudes in the pouring down rain, wind gusts up to 40 mph, and with smiling faces as they lay prone in a puddle of water was simply inspiring! Nowhere else can you find such weather hardened enthusiasts as you can in Michigan.

As the Michigan Promotions Coordinator - I'd like to thank everyone for coming out and hope to see you soon behind the Equipment Line at our next Appleseed Event.

Tinnitus?    No, its Liberty calling!

"Those who HAMMER their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson

Superheat

Miki

Sounds like I missed a good one. Beth got her patch and I missed it!  Grrrr...argggg...:wb: :wb: :wb:
Congrats Beth!

graypiper

I just wanted to thank all of the instructors. I learned a lot about shooting and the history stories were fantastic.  Well done all. Looking forward to joining you on the line again as a student and moving forward to take a hat. 
Faithful and Ready
GrayPiper