News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Weare, NH - June 2-3, 2012

Started by Ninsho, June 03, 2012, 09:05:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ninsho

Wow, what an amazing bunch.  Despite significant rain on Saturday not only did we have no no-shows but also two walkons.  O0

No one complained and everyone persisted through the full day.  O0  :bow: 

If that wasn't enough four of our six shooters made the cut, three of them in the pouring rain.  Congrats to Adriane, Ruslan, Nathan, and Jim!  Good shooting!  Thats not to say the other two shooters were slouches, Kate and Alex were both well on their way to earning their own patches.  If they show the same persistence they did this weekend then I'm sure they'll be earning them soon!

Lima Tango

This was a great shoot and great weekend. The NH staff did a great job and the shooters really were able to fight through all the rain! I was shocked with how many made Rifleman. As far as Kate and Alex, I foresee Rifleman scores in their future if they persist. Both made marked, drastic, improvement from 9am Saturday to the end of the day on Sunday. This was my 2nd appleseed in a row where someone had a redcoat that didn't even get touched on Sat am, but could easily hit 3x on the 200yrd target and sometimes beyond by the 2nd day. That is what makes it worth it for us instructors. Great job and don't give up!
-LT

NhLibertas

What a fun weekend! It was a hardy bunch of souls gathered that weren't afraid of a little rain....or a monsoon.

LimaTango, you are welcome up here any time! Your Dangerous Old Folks presentation really was a great one too. You have a lot of energy and clear personal enthusiasm for the story, which makes all the difference. And the Boston accent ties it in with the story well:)

"Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. Liberty is a man-of-war, and we are all crew." ~ Kenneth W. Royce

Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

Courage is almost a contradiction in terms. It means a strong desire to live, taking the form of readiness to die. - G.K. Chesterton

Brother_COM

NhLibertas

Right! Here's the link to the facebook album, and when you are there, please "Like" our page! https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.408300712547428.94119.186407501403418&type=3 :)
"Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. Liberty is a man-of-war, and we are all crew." ~ Kenneth W. Royce

Courage is almost a contradiction in terms. It means a strong desire to live, taking the form of readiness to die. - G.K. Chesterton

Brother_COM

Yeah! Pics!!! I now live in Central Illinois, but grewup in Lisbon, NH (Northern New Hampshire near Littleton/Franconia Notch area.) My parents still live there and we don't make it back too often  :'( I LOVE the beauty of NH

A family we know from NH came to visit us here in Illinois in April. I took them to an Appleseed shoot in Clinton, IL Link here: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=29114.msg218399#msg218399

Noah, a long-time shooter but first-time Appleseed participant shot RIFLEMAN on his first AQT!!! Them NH boys can shoot!

Thanks again for the pics!
Brother_COM

The Old Guide

Brother_Com, You ought to make a trip home during Porcfest some year. Porcfest is New Hampshire's Porcupine Festival and they have an Appleseed shoot during the week-long event. This year it is the week of June 17 to 24.
Our history is not a list of dates and places. It is a dynamic adventure of freedom and individual courage.

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012
Northeast SC Confab, Feb. 13

Lima Tango

So I believe it was Kate who borrowed my rifle, and was having some difficulty getting groups in the afternoon. I believe I found the problem. The front sight was raised so much that it was actually loose. The entire front sight assembly was solid as a rock but the actual front sight post was wiggling like a loose tooth. If anyone could pass that along to the shooter, I believe that may have been the cause of much of her grief!
-LT

NhLibertas

Lima Tango. I know Kate, and will likely be seeing her at a liberty festival where I am staffing an Appleseed promotional booth for the week, beginning tomorrow. I will pass the information along to her, along with encouragement to come back to another AS.

Thanks for the follow up!