News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Waterman, IL - June 2-3, 2012

Started by Tornado, June 02, 2012, 11:16:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tornado

Day one down at Waterman, IL. We couldn't have asked for much better weather aside from a constant 30-35 mph wind. 13 shooters braved the elements  ;), several of which are new to shooting rifles but they persisted and improved a lot. On our last AQT of the day David Schur shot a 213 at his first Appleseed earning the patch and becoming our first Rifleman of the weekend.  ^:)^

Tomorrow should be a great day!

-Tornado
"Great things have been affected by a few Men well Conducted."

George Rogers Clark

Castle Mountain

Congratulations Dave for your achievement as RIFLEMAN. Outstanding sir.  ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. O0

Castle Mountain
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

Prairie Eagle

Wow thanks guys  :-[ , your instructor team did a phenomenal job of helping me get started in rifle shooting, I have a lot to learn. The instructors at this event are incredible. This history was awesome, making me realize than I have the luxury of being there because of such bravery and sacrifice of great men. I can't wait to get back today and learn some more!  ;D

Dave

Tornado

Day 2 at Waterman, IL and 10 shooters returned from Saturday joined by 4 walk-ons. All of them had a great attitude, were persistent, and continued to make great improvement. We had 3 new Riflemen and 1 re-qualification. Congratulations to: Arlyn Manning, Ron Misjak, and Alan West on shooting Rifleman scores.

For those of you who were soooo close, dry practice at home and you'll do even better at your next Appleseed. I enjoyed meeting and working with you all. You made this weekend very enjoyable.

In the afternoon, we had a fun competition shoot to break things up and also pushed back to 100 yards at the end of the day to let the shooters try some longer distance shooting.

Thank you IT and IIT's: BrownBessEd, Stonn, Hasenpheffer, Amber Waves, Steck, and andrewkay. You all did a great job. I really enjoyed the dangerous old men stories given by the IIT's. Well done.

Thanks to the Aurora Sportsman's Club. Also, we really missed George63 the LBOTG. He makes it so much easier when he's around to help with setup, etc. Thanks all for coming out to Appleseed and for a great weekend.

I'll try to get a few more pictures up soon.

-Tornado

George Rogers Clark

Amber Waves

:cool2: Working this weekend at Watermen was awesome.  I learned a lot and met some great people.  Hope to see all of you again sometime soon. 

miner49r

I would like to thank Tornado, the instructors, and instructor trainees for the instruction, encouragement, and some much needed nagging which helped me attain the covetted riflemans patch. I am sore, mentally exhausted, and a little toasted from the sun. I don't know if anyone noticed that my stage two position was evolving throughout the weekend. Each time I was able to get in tighter which made me apprehensive about my performance.
My Mini-Marksmen are very excited about attending their next Appleseed. They are capable of producing tight groups. They just need to bring those groups into the designated spots on the target.
As a Scout I learned that teaching is very much a part of the learning process. I also believe that teaching marksmanship to our next generation will help them to build responsibility and self esteem with everything in their lives.
I hope that my personal and professional life will allow me the time to fulfill the requirements as an instructor. Where do I send the application?
Alan
Freedom:
Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of people are armed and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops that can be, on any pretence, raised in the United States.
Noah Webster

"When freedom shivers in the cold shadow of true peril, it's always the patriots who first hear the call."
Charlton Heston

Tornado

Send a PM to: Tornado on the forum and I'll send you the information.

Well done at the shoot and on shooting Rifleman.  O0 And your mini-marksmen did great too. We'd love to have you all back out to an Appleseed again.

-Tornado

George Rogers Clark

Prairie Eagle

I'm already thinking about getting back out to the mid-July Bonfield Appleseed (can't do Waterman in July as I'll be traveling) with my mini-marksmen and a friend.

While I was tired and toasted, I can't imagine Tornado and Amber after that drive back.

A huge thank you to all the instructors your made it a great time. Also, thank you Stonn for letting me try your AR at 100 - I fear  after that I may have another rifle purchase in my near future (also Stonn, check a CCI box tossed on your bucket for some help on the ammo front).

Dave

Hasenpheffer

Tornado and Amber Waves

You guys are fantastic to work with.  Great shoot and LOADS of fun.  I love the way Tornado runs a shoot. (Laid-back but all business.) Hope Tornado's migraine is better.  Tell your kids thanks for lending us their parents for the weekend.  Amber is going to give Castle Mountain some hearty competition with her presentation of Samuel Whittemore.
I am looking forward to working with you again soon.

Tornado

More pictures:

George Rogers Clark

Tornado

Last of my pictures:

George Rogers Clark

Tornado

George Rogers Clark