News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hinckley, MN,,,May26-27,2012

Started by martin, May 28, 2012, 10:41:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

martin

First of all, thanks to the Hinkley Conservation Club for hosting Project Appleseed. While the weather at times was brutal, the persistant students never gave up. They suffered through rain showers with a cold wind on Saturday and then had to deal with heat and humidity on Sunday. I can't forget the bonus flies, mosquitoes and ticks, yet they did not quit.Many of the shooters were on the brink of getting their patch, but time ran out.
Practice everyone! Congratulations to the 2 students that requalified,Jason and Leland.

Thanks to all the instructors,,,,Taylor,thedud,Brassbucket,RustyRed and Aftermath. Good job on a safe and well run shoot. Also,  thanks to yuppiejr for stepping up and taking the orange hat.
Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

RustyRed

Congrats yuppiejr for taking on the journey of the orange hat!

RustyRed

pic
pic

RustyRed

pic

RustyRed

pic
pic

RustyRed

pic
pic

RustyRed

pic
Leland and Jason showed us all  :~that they could shoot riflemen again!! ^:)^ :---

RustyRed

Our youth Jake and Rica

TheDud

Thank you to Martin for running such a great shoot, it is nice to be back on the trail!  ~~:) another great shoot at Hinkley, with a group of shooters who got to know very well why Minnesota is truly the home of the four season Appleseed!

Hopefully we will see everyone again, as it seems at times that the whole firing line was knocking on the door of their Riflemen's scores!

Lec

I want to thank Martin and all the instructors for a great experience.

I never post on forums but this was such a great experience that I felt driven to comment.  What started out as a reason for three college buddies to get away from the wives and kids for a weekend turned into a great learning experience for both recreation and life.  I felt truly blessed to go to work on memorial day and share what my weekend had been about.  I would recommend this experience to anyone and I doubt that there are any better group of instructors out there.  I just wish I could have rewarded their efforts by shooting rifleman.  Can't wait to get another shot!

THANK YOU and GOD BLESS!

BrassBucket

Lec, thank you for such an enthusiastic post. As instructors it makes the long weekends worth every bit of time and energy to hear that someone took home more than just excellent marksmanship training. You seemed to all the instructor core to be poised on the brink of Rifleman (as were several others) and will surely find yourself one in no time. We didn't talk about it at the shoot, but there is actually a 7th step in Appleseed: sharing the history and spirit of liberty with others. It seems you did just that. Now get your friends on the line and let us help make patriots out of them!

To Martin, Taylor, RustyRed, and Aftermath: thank you for making the shoot great, staying positive, and being a huge part of why I love Appleseed. You all are some of the greatest folks I know and look forward to being with you on the line as soon as I am able. (It goes without saying that TheDud was pretty great too -- but I'm a little biased.)
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

- Col. Cooper, The Art of the Rifle