News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Calverton, NY May 26th and 27th 2012

Started by CharlieHotel, May 28, 2012, 08:45:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CharlieHotel

This was a terrific shoot. Having all new appleseeders at Calverton was really refreshing. 5 new riflemen and a lot of progress by all made it a pleasure.

The Calverton crew brought their A games, everybody stepped up and contributed more than I expected of them. I could not have asked for a better crew or group of students for that matter. Despite the heat, there were no grumblings and everyone was attentive and energetic.

Once again Calverton has shown it's mettle and made it a memorable weekend.

My personal thanks to all who worked and attended.

CH
"A good plan executed perfectly is better than a perfect plan executed poorly"

"As steel sharpens steel, so one man sharpens another"

"It's not the dope 'ON' the rifle, but the one behind it!" - Unknown PMI, Parris Island, SC 1984

So speak and so act as those who will be judged by the law of Liberty.
For Judgement comes without mercy for those who have shown no mercy, Mercy shall triumph over judgement.
James 2:12-13

LittleMo

A great way to honor the Memorial Day weekend! These students have the willingness to learn about our heritage, and improve their marksmanship skills. A fantastic job by both the Instructors and the students! Congrats to the new Riflemen! O0

Gary
Growing old is mandatory; Growing up is optional!  :)

Marksmanship can be taught and learned,
but the motivation has to be inspired for the
people to become involved.
How many have you inspired that became involved?

http://www.facebook.com/NYSAppleseed
http://www.facebook.com/ProjectAppleseedVermont

CharlieHotel

I almost forgot to add... Harry filled in the treasure-hole so we can increase registration to at least 30.

Ooh-Rah!

CH
"A good plan executed perfectly is better than a perfect plan executed poorly"

"As steel sharpens steel, so one man sharpens another"

"It's not the dope 'ON' the rifle, but the one behind it!" - Unknown PMI, Parris Island, SC 1984

So speak and so act as those who will be judged by the law of Liberty.
For Judgement comes without mercy for those who have shown no mercy, Mercy shall triumph over judgement.
James 2:12-13

Josey Wales

..Great Job CharlieHotel, Dakota & Calverton Crew!!..   O0 O0 O0
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

Big Matt

Sure, just when I'm about to start SBIT you go ahead and recommend doubling the number of shooters. Oh well, we broke in as IIT's with 40+ on the line, it will be like old times. Congrats on a great Memorial weekend shoot.

R1SGx2

40 +, having slow weekends, ~~:) ~~:)
Good job by attendees, 5 new riflemen, nice job on staying focused. O0 O0

To all who this is your first weekend, the ice is cracked, we need your help
to chip away at it, your now off the couch, get those pens out, write those one minute
letters, this is not home work, it is saving our nation. But don't forget to continue to dry fire.

Thank you all for all you do, :bow:
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

heartlessmcfly

This was my first appleseed event as an IIT and enjoyed a much as I do when I shoot. Thanks too all the instructors and shoot bosses foot taking it easy on me for my first. Thank you to all the shooters for making the event and congratulations to our new riflemen! Already signed up for the next event.