News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR - Manchester, TN May 26 & 27

Started by TN_Dadx5, May 25, 2012, 12:49:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TN_Dadx5

Hooray!
TN_dadx5 finally gets the AAR done!

What do you get when you put 18 prospective riflemen on a world class rifle range with world class marksmanship instructors and add lots of heat over the Memorial Weekend?  I don't know what you'd get, but we got a lot of hot, tired, thirsty people having a blast and learning a worthwhile skill. 

If you were there and remember, our first Redcoat showed that about 1/3 of us were 100 yard marksmen and that the Instructor Corps promised definite improvement by Sunday afternoon, if the students would listen and apply what they learn.  Well, I actually had someone come up to me and ask how I could guarantee improvement.  I asked them to repeat the same question Sunday afternoon, They had their answer Saturday afternoon.

We had two repeat Riflemen reach the 210 score again and BOTH asked for the orange hat.  Our good friend, Jeff, finally got his patch after several attempts and near misses.  Jeff may not know it but he was a rifleman before he scored the 210; he persisted!

Sunday afternoon we had some 100 yard instruction and even though they believed what the instructors said about what was taught at 25 yds works at 100 yds.  Even at 100 yds with 22s, they were able to shoot to the 4 MOA standard.

Now, on to the pictures!

The Whole Group!

Left side of the line

Our Lefty for the day

Boy Scouts trying hard

SB helping out a new Rifleman

Shawn demonstrating the inverted prone position

Jeff gets his Rifleman patch!

And asks for an orange hat

Benjamin (Shawn's son) gets his patch

Proud Dad!

Previous Rifleman Tyler asks for an orange hat!

Jacob is awarded the Persistence Award!
"A nation of well informed men who have been taught to know and prize the rights which God has given them cannot be enslaved. It is in the region of ignorance that tyranny begins." Benjamin Franklin
Visit and "Like" the TN Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/#!/Tennesse.Project.Appleseed

RunnFree

It was very nice working with the Boy Scouts.  Having some of our shooters to return to get the patch and to put on the ORANGE hat.

ScottM

I also wanted to add that it was a great event and that I was one of the repeat riflemen and asked for an orange hat in addition to those mentioned above.

I look forward to helping at one of the Tennessee events coming up.

Scott

RunnFree

thank you sir and please spread the word out to your friends and family.

ScottM

I already have a few people interested and I am going to talk to them about some upcoming events.

Scott

TN_Dadx5

Scott is right, I knew that I was forgetting something.  Somehow, I didn't get a picture of you taking an orange hat. My apologies, Scott :slap:.

We have two events this month; one at Smyrna, TN June 23-24 and another at Manchester June 30 and July 1.  PM Instructor Scheduling (& copy me) and ask to be signed up for one (or both!).
"A nation of well informed men who have been taught to know and prize the rights which God has given them cannot be enslaved. It is in the region of ignorance that tyranny begins." Benjamin Franklin
Visit and "Like" the TN Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/#!/Tennesse.Project.Appleseed

ScottM

I need to get a copy of the Pledge from you to sign.

I have a Cub Scout camping trip the Smyrna weekend but I am going to try for Manchester.

If I get some people to come they may need to borrow rifles from you Claude.  He only has an AR15.

Scott

RunnFree

Most of the time we will have loaner rifles available.