News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Leyden MA. May 19-20

Started by goodpiper, May 22, 2012, 09:59:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goodpiper

Another great Appleseed in Leyden.  The weather cooperated with sunshine both days (a little to much of a good thing on Sun. but at least it wasn't raining or snowing)

We had 12 eager shooters on the line for Saturday, with 10 of them returning for Sunday. The ages ran from 10 to around my age. Everyone seem attentive, and willing to work at what we taught. This was reflected in 4 Riflemen patches on day one: Annette 210, Kevin 214, Toby 220, (all one family), and Ulysses 212.  A big pat on the back for Ulysses, after I-not-sure-how-many Appleseeds he's crossed the line and stepped up to an Orange hat

Sunday saw warmer temperatures, and redoubled efforts, with 3 more Rifleman patches being handed out (I do like doing that ^:)^) : Myles 218, Sean 218, and Charlie 217(from the family above).  We had to pace things along by early afternoon, and keep people drinking, as people began to sag in the sunshine.

Words can't quite express my pride in the Tirrell family all going home with a with a patch. I look forward to seeing them and everyone else on the line again.  Maybe future Orange hat ;).

The Instructors I worked with were "top shelf". Sir_Ludavic, Mr.Freedom, AmericaStandsStrong, aim, and Round Trip, helped to keep everything running safely and smoothly. AmericaStandsStrong, and Round Trip gave us 1st and 2nd strikes, goodpiper took 3rd. DOM was covered by AmericaStandsStrong on Sunday.

Alright, photobucket is not cooperating, and I'm not doing something right with attachments. If someone else could get some pictures up I'd be obliged.

Mini14

Thanks for the wonderful time Goodpiper. It was a very educational time and I for one learned alot about April 19, 1775 that I never knew. I know I will be back for more and getting my orange hat.

I don't have any pictures but if you let me get the pictures from you I can try to post them for you.

Thanks to all the Instructors,

Mini14

aim

A big thank you to goodpiper for another successful Appleseed - no snow, no bugs, no accidents. A big thank you to all the shooters - without you there would be no Appleseed. A big thank you to all the instructors - I learned from all of you almost as much as I learned from the shooters.

And without too much further ado, and in the order goodpiper mentioned them, the rifleman patches from Saturday. All four took green ones. Go figure:

Annette's 210:

Kevin's 214:

Toby's 220:

Ulysses' 212:

Having snagged the patch, Ulysses then continues his acquisition streak under the ever-watchful shutter of Round Trip. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Having given the Benediction, goodpiper distributes the last bit of swag for Saturday. Shoot like a girl, y'all. If you can. These ladies certainly could!

Thank you all again for another fantastic weekend!
Shiny!

goodpiper

Here we are early Saturday morning. The Calm Before the Storm

Round Trip

Agree with Goodpiper and would like to add Goodpiper ran a smooth, methodical and educational Appleseed.  Leyden is a beautiful setting and weather was excellent, except Sunday, the heat and bright sun were a concern that we all addressed.  This was enjoyable, the instructor crew 1st rate and shooters that were eager, the 7 out of 12 qualifying scores show.
Got pics, never had any luck posting directly or thru Photobucket with my iPhone. If someone could PM me I'll email to you for posting. 
Americans need to face the truth about themselves, no matter how pleasant it is.   Jeane Kirkpatrick

exodious

Hey folks, Sean here.

I really had a blast (pun intended) at Leyden this weekend. I was thrilled to make Rifleman, although I'd still like to do it consistently! :-\ Still, my average scores were higher this time than last November O0

My dad had a great time, and would like to come back after he's practiced what he learned. I plan on doing the same, and perhaps by then I'll feel prepared to take an orange hat, if the offer still stands  :)

My thanks to all the instructors, without which these events wouldn't be possible. After both Appleseeds I feel the same way... the quality of instruction is top notch and the history lessons are illuminating.

aim

Since :pics:, all hail Round Trip!

Below are R T's pictures, with his inimitably terse, yet pointed and informative commentary (my additions are in parentheses; any mistakes are mine alone). Thank you, Round Trip; it was a privilege to absorb some of your wisdom.

1st day intro:

1st day (instruction):

1st day (squares):

1st day about noon:

later day 1 (AQT):

later day 1 (south side of the line):

(day 1) youth shooters:

day 2:

(goodpiper handing out the goods):

best shot for last:

Shiny!

Round Trip

Thanks AIM, teamwork, one of the big reasons the like doing Appleseed,  Instructors especially like yourself.  On a whole, instructor crews bring their assets to compliment the project. 

There's no quitters here, but we know when to quit while we're ahead.
Americans need to face the truth about themselves, no matter how pleasant it is.   Jeane Kirkpatrick