News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

El Paso, Texas - May 19 & 20, 2012 AAR

Started by Jerry Hall, May 22, 2012, 12:09:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry Hall

Ladies and Gentlemen, Boy's and Girls, Appleseeders of all ages.

Please direct your attention to the Project Appleseed Event in El Paso, Texas.

May 19 & 20, 2012, El Paso Community College's Law Enforcement Training Academy-Indoor Range.

Saturday- 10 Awakening Americans braved the elements to attend to the well being of the U.S.America
and advance their skill in Rifle Marksmanship. While being reminded of the history of our Heritage.

All of our attendees improved in leaps and bounds as the Course of Fire played out, leaving us without an AQT on Saturday. Although our Redcoat's showed significant improvement.   O0

Sunday 8 of the 10 returned. After the opening Redcoat,  compressed instruction, sighter squares and green coats, we took an early lunch of Dangerous Old Men and Brave Women to set the stage for the AQT Grind.  ~~:)

Albert L. set the standard, achieving the Rifleman score on the first AQT.  :bow:
On the Second AQT Matthew C and Tony M responded by making the mark themselves.  :bow: :bow:
For the rest of the Grind the other shooters strived to make the mark with all scoring over 180.  O0
Alas, our time ran out leaving the others knocking at the door.

Our most sincere thanks to Milt B(duc-dog)and Margie(Appleseed Widow) his wife for driving from Alamogordo, NM both days to Instruct at this event.  :bow: :bow: Also Mr. and Mrs. T, Johnny E, and John G for their support.

It is my distinct pleasure to have spent this weekend in the service of these, Awakened American's.

As always, we are deeply grateful to The El Paso Community College's Law Enforcement Academy for the use of this State of the Art Facility.

"...till we meet again...",

Jerry
"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Carlson

This event was my First Appleseed shoot.   I had a wonderful time, and I've already signed up for the Event in July.  All the Instructors were very professional and friendly.  I hope to convince some of my coworkers to attend. 

I'll be shopping for a new LTR so that my Wife can participate on the next opportunity.

Jerry Hall

More Pics;
"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

DieslPwrd

Great to see these dedicated instructors and happy shooters.  Congratulations to the new Riflemen and to all shooters on their progress!   ^:)^

Did someone say INDOORS in EL PASO in JULY?  I might just have to find my way there if you'll have me...
Being born free is a privilege. Living free is an honor. Dying free is a responsibility. - LTC David Grossman

Jerry Hall

Come one and all to the Climate controled, State of the Art, Rated to .50 BMG(on 10 bays)
El Paso Community College - Law Enforcement Acadmy - Indoor Range.
:~ :--- :~ :--- :~ :--- :~ :--- :~ :--- :~ :---

July 21-22, 2012
September 15-16, 2012

Fun in the Sun City!

gonejohnny

Congratulations Albert, Matthew & Tony!  O0

Johnnyappleseed

Congratualtions the Texas Rifleman  O0
El Paso has men and women who truly know what they are about .
good job Jerry  O0
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

scuzzy

Good job y'all.

Dang good shooting too.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

spitstickler

Looks like a great event.  :~   Got some of the pics over on the Appleseed Texas Facebook page as well. http://www.facebook.com/AppleseedTexas. Feel free to come by and give us a "like" and tag some of the pics of you and your friends for some easy 7th stepping...  ;)

Congrats to the new Riflemen!

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison