News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lady An-Appleseed, Annapolis, MD May 19/20

Started by brickhouse, May 21, 2012, 11:24:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brickhouse

What a hoot! Thanks ladies for a memorable weekend. True fellowship! I'd share a foxhole with any of you.

A sincere thank you goes out to our Manslave hosts; BeSwift, Patent Guy, G-Man and Navy Irish. They periodically stopped by to field our every request and whim. Each a credit to the Y-chromosome.   

Anne Arundel Fish and Game again demonstrates why it is a Appleesed destination of choice! A beautiful facility.

The lady instructors were traveled from four different states; the inimitable Ratchett from Ohio, Road Warrior from PA, SunnyAM from the Big Apple and myself from WV. Ratchett, I cannot thank you enough. Truly above and beyond! Road Warrior and SunnyAM, I am sorry that I did not convey more effusive thanks and gratitude. Your contributions to instruction were always on point. This weekend also saw the debut of Maryland's first female IIT (when she could be bullied into putting her rifle down). Thanks- Eagleye! 

A full line of 12 shooters showed considerable promise from the morning red coat and the early sighter squares. Ratchett and myself tag-teamed for the history lessons and suddenly it was time for the last red-coat target.

Sunday arrived and we spent some extra time sighting in. The extra review and expanded instruction soon gave way to the AQT grind. Sara scored rifleman with a 211 on the first AQT of the day. Ratchett had a couple of extra "fun" targets involving vacuum cleaners, chocolate, golf balls and soda (you will have to ask her for details). Wow! Help me here, what am I leaving out?

Pics...Is there anyone out there with pics?

"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - General George S. Patton Jr

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

http://www.csj.org/infoserv_cult101/checklis.htm

Patent guy

District of Columbia v. Heller (US 07-290, 2008)  "The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia."  McDonald v. Chicago (US 08-1521, 2010) "[T]he Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms [is] fully applicable to the states"

BeSwift

Y'all did an outstanding job for this event. Nothing but glowing reviews by all involved..students, instructors, and host club members.. Whenever you're ready for another Ladyseed say the word and I'll get the wheels turning! Thanks again to all the well traveled lady instructors for going the "extra mile" to get here and make this event a success.    BeSwift
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

Headshot

Had a great time this weekend! Thank you so much for all of your help and teachings! I think Nick has a bunch of pictures but has not downloaded them yet. I'll have to get him to hurry up and find them!

-Sara

VietVet

I sure hope the GUYS that were there wore their HOT PINK MANSLAVE SHIRTS!
                                    OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

BeSwift

Quote from: VietVet on May 22, 2012, 02:33:04 PM
I sure hope the GUYS that were there wore their HOT PINK MANSLAVE SHIRTS!

Instructions were a dress, wig, and lipstick  OR a bowtie and speedo... ;)
I stayed away from this one... ;D  BeSwift
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

CharlieHotel

What about Clams and Mussels? and the chopped Parsley?

Great Job Ladies! Looks like a Grand Event...

CH
"A good plan executed perfectly is better than a perfect plan executed poorly"

"As steel sharpens steel, so one man sharpens another"

"It's not the dope 'ON' the rifle, but the one behind it!" - Unknown PMI, Parris Island, SC 1984

So speak and so act as those who will be judged by the law of Liberty.
For Judgement comes without mercy for those who have shown no mercy, Mercy shall triumph over judgement.
James 2:12-13

The Log

Quote from: CharlieHotel on May 22, 2012, 05:00:35 PM
What about Clams and Mussels? and the chopped Parsley?

Great Job Ladies! Looks like a Grand Event...

CH
"Don't forget the PAW-SLEY!"

Anyone up for CT's first Ladyseed in July?  :bow:

</log>
"The future belongs to those that show up." - hawkhavn