News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Byers CO, May 19-20 2012

Started by yellowhousejake, May 21, 2012, 10:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowhousejake

I had not forgotten how beautiful Colorado is, and this weekend gave me a chance to refresh the memories.

Many thanks to everyone who made me feel welcome, worked hard to either instruct or to learn, and work through a very cold Saturday to enjoy a gorgeous Sunday, together. I can't think of anywhere I would rather be than spending the weekend with other Americans learning who we are and exercising our rights.

We saw great improvement all weekend, the Redcoats showed that there was some serious learning going on and everyone did a wonderful job of applying what we taught. I did not hear if more AQTs were fired after I left, maybe someone go closer to a 210? I saw plenty of 170+ targets scored and lots of great stages on the backers. Remember what you were taught, apply what you learned, and practice. I think everyone saw that the lessons were worthwhile when the KD targets were smaller than the 25 yd groups, several 3 MOA!

And let's not forget the youngsters. They never let me down, always polite, eager, and fun to have around. I hope I get the picture, was it Scott? When it comes I will get it posted. I only regret I did not get pictures of the ladies shooting the Garand, and the smiles they had after wards.

Remember the history, the heritage, and the value they placed in OUR future, value enough to die for. We all owe it to them to protect this Republic they gave to us.

Let's see some pictures.

A view of the range, yep, plenty of room out here for KD. A neat target line is a good sign your instructor crew is top notch.

Now that is a good looking bunch of Riflemen.

Sidesaddle tells the story of the AQT, the path to a Rifleman patch.

A demo AQT fired with a suppressor so everyone can hear Fred's excellent play by play. There was a lot of good advice in his words.

What a fantastic group to spend the weekend with. It ended way too soon for me.

Thank you again everyone for a excellent weekend. I hope to come back with Niecie, and my Garand, that 500m target was calling to me.

Yellowhousejake

PS. Y'all are invited out to Indiana, anytime.
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

yellowhousejake

My favorite part, pictures with the young'ens!

I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

Prone to Knit

Thank you so very much, yhj, for coming to Colorado to run this shoot. Glad we got up to Byers in time to meet you.

There was such a line of people waiting to shoot the Garand that no more AQTs were done.  Everyone did a great job of hitting the steel, over and over - a sign of your great shoot bossing.

A big thanks to all the instructors that were there to help Dave out. We so appreciate you!

Kim
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - George Orwell
That's why I knit for our troops.
http://coversandsoles.org

COJeepGirl

Have you EVER seen a bluer sky, that many smiles, or a more awesome group of shooters, instructors, or SB's?? ok maybe at the LAST Appleseed but hey! We were having too much fun at KD so we didn't do any more AQTs, but about 4 people got their ROC cards/applications! New things to add to my kit: locktite! Sights and scopes falling off-bad.., keeping up hope, GOOD! I'm sure those two will be back and maybe we'll sew a patch on them then!  Thanks again to Yellowhousejake for stepping up!
PS, Rebecca's Daddy was soooo proud watching his girl shoot that Garand! She was hittin that steel goat too!!!   ;)
"In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot"-Mark Twain