News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

../\.. Rotterdam NY May 19/20, 2012

Started by R1SGx2, May 21, 2012, 01:23:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R1SGx2

What a wonderful place to spend a weekend saving our Nation, Iroquois Rod and Gun Club in Rotterdam New York. Beautiful grounds and buildings. The Board closed the outdoor ranges down for our program. They even provided lunch both days at a nominal fee. Very nice gesture. Thank you to the Board and Membership for allowing us our first and hopefully not last visit to your facilities.   O0 O0 O0

Couldn't pick a better weekend; sunny low 80's Saturday and high 80's Sunday made for shooting under the cover of the 100 yard range a welcome. :)

Everyone all weekend listened to what was shared with them and applied the techniques, the shot groups and scores reflected it.  ^:)^ :cool2:

So much to talk about this weekend, from watching Ann a first time every shooting forming very nice groups to watching Gunny and Dave G. continuing scoring rifleman scores. Joining Gunny and Dave was Frank who came up with a score of 236, surprised himself, and scored 3 separate rifleman scores, and was a first time Appleseeder. Now Frank we have to get Amanda back on the line to continue her journey.  ^:)^

Colin returning with his AR frame S&W 22, coming ever closer to the score of rifleman, TC bringing Thomas and Nate to the shoot was great, few mechanical problems,  :wb:but these two are well on the way to Rifleman. Renee, David, Lloyd and Patrick, come on back, you received the bulk of instruction Saturday, now we can refine it and a return visit.

Tim and Gunny tasked themselves with their 22's heading out to 100's yards, good job by both. Nice groups, even on the 200 yard scaled targets. ..:..

Tyler and Joel, continue dry firing at home, NPOA respiratory pause, and squeeze the trigger, nice improvements. :cool2:

Not sure who had the biggest smile, Chris enjoying the event, Susan A. when she realized she could shoot or Tim when Gunny found his lose screw, (fell off the front clamp of his 10/22 on Saturday, found Sunday). I think Dave A. felt pressure when he saw his wife Susan A. drastically shooting better.  :--- :~

To the instructor team, two thumbs up, nice job by all.
The Mrs., LittleMo, Smurf, Dude, Karis-Wheel and Nortatoga. O0

This was a beautiful weekend and thank you all for allowing me to be part of it with all of you. :bow: O0
mark
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

Josey Wales

..Great Job Team Northeast.. :bow: :bow: :bow:

..What a successful event! That is the way to wow them.  Thank You for all you all do!!.. ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

.....Where there is life, there is hope...........

...........Strength & Honor................................Josey Wales...... :---

..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

The Mrs.

Wow...what can be said.

Iroquois Rod and Gun Club....thank you for openning your doors to us.  We could not have asked for better hospitality!!  It was great to see so many of your members coming out and checking us out.  Thank you guys!!

From our brandy newsy shooters (ladies I know EXACTLY where you were coming from....my very first shot was taken just a little over 2 years ago), to experienced shooters par excellant.....you all came to learn...and from the fire hose you drank!!  Yup....keep them elbows DIRECTLY under the rifle, Resp. Pause...Squeeze the Trigger....hold it back.  ~~:) ~~:) ~~:) EVERY little thing counts  :DH: ...but it does take time and perseverance to get it all right.  Keep at it folks.....Gunny, Dave and Frank have spent allot of time behind the trigger.  A Rifleman adjusts, adapts and perseveres!!

R1Sgx2 (just rolls from the tongue) you ran a heck of a shoot!!  Thanks for all you do Mark!!  To my fellow instructors (Gary, Smurf, Bill, Karis and Jamie)....thank you so much.  I learn so much from you!!
Think with love and truth
See with love and truth
Speak with love and truth
Hear with love and truth
And come from the heart, with love, and truth, and honor.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. ~ Margaret Mead  US anthropologist

The Mrs.

Yup...there are pics!!
See with love and truth
Hear with love and truth

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. ~ Margaret Mead  US anthropologist

Another D.O.M.

News Flash - This Just In - Breaking News...

Tyler brought in some of his AQTs for me to look at and I scored what appeared to be the best of the lot.  He shot a 214 and a 213 on Sunday afternoon!

Nice shooting Tyler!

BTW, I asked if he would like a patch and he said he'd wait 'til his next event when he'll likely score even higher!  I like that man's attitude...
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

R1SGx2

Names -
I want names -
Who scored his target originally /
lock the range gate, no body leaving till we find out who did it......

Don't forget...

QuoteTyler and Joel, continue dry firing at home, NPOA respiratory pause, and squeeze the trigger, nice improvements.
Booster those scores....

Tyler, thank you for joining us the weekend, hope your next visit brings weather as nice as this weekend was... P.S. pass that target around the office and let others know they too can have one, in fact we will send them home with many....

The Mrs.

See with love and truth
Hear with love and truth

Josey Wales

..That is funny stuff.  Tyler goes home with 2 Rifleman score AQT's..  Never even bothered to score them.  That is because Tyler was there for the History & Heritage, the inspiration for saving the Nation.  Pay attention Tyler, To what was & what is.  We need a bit more of what was.....

......Strength & Honor.................Josey Wales........ :---
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

tlove

I scored the aqts because I wanted to be consistent.  I'll be back.  I think June will be my next appleseed.  Maybe New Bremen(which I think I misspelled).  Thank you all for the congratulations and encouragement.  Now I know how to take my marksmenship to the next level. O0

R1SGx2

Tyler, All my patches and hats earned and presented are christened with water that flowed under the North Bridge. This is special to us, it is a landmark, a major point in time of Liberty. Should you take that patch in New Bremen, some where on the trail our path's shall cross, you have that patch and it shall be properly christened.

In the mean time:
QuoteTyler and Joel, continue dry firing at home, NPOA respiratory pause, and squeeze the trigger, nice improvements.

That you for all you do.

Dude

Well done, everyone! It would have been hard to improve on this weekend with Mark, Gary, Sue, Jamie, and Sean [and of course, Karis]. I've always thought that helping someone attain Rifleman was a special thing, but, I found out that it's just as special to spend  a lot of time on the mat with some one, slowly bringing them on to the paper, then, into an actual shot group, and finally, on the last redcoat, to become a 100 yard shooter. O0

Some very good shooters, too! 230s and 240s; GREAT job, Dave D , Frank and Gunny! AND TYLER TOO! :)
Now, or course, the highlight may well have been Karis' first Line Call on the final redcoat, for when she  belted out: "SHOOTERS TO THE LINE!" , men fell to their knees, woman picked up babies and ran, and I believe I heard a couple of dogs in a nearby community passed out.

She will indeed be turning it down a notch or two the next time. **)
Strength and honor

Semper SOM/SOM

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state. --Thomas Jefferson

Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty. --Thomas Jefferson

LittleMo

Excellent work done by all - both students and Instructors! It is a pleasure seeing the smiles on the students' faces when they shoot the Rifleman score and when new students are able to consistantly shoot smaller and smaller groups. The students at this event did both! They also listened intently when the 3 strikes were told.

A big Thank You to Iroquois Rod and Gun Club for hosting Project Appleseed for the first time! :bow: Members that stopped by to observe were impressed how safety is stressed, and they were most helpfull asking if we needed anything or any help. We are looking forward to come back to their club hopefully soon!

A HUGE thank you to the students! You all showed your willingness to become involved and to learn. Congratulations to the students that shot the Rifleman scores. Hopefully all will practice what they learned and return to the next Appleseed event for more learning. O0

Gary

p.s. Karis, good volume when you called the shooters to the line! Next time please warn us first so we can have our ear protection in place! ;D

p.p.s.  More pictures to follow. :)
Growing old is mandatory; Growing up is optional!  :)

Marksmanship can be taught and learned,
but the motivation has to be inspired for the
people to become involved.
How many have you inspired that became involved?

http://www.facebook.com/NYSAppleseed
http://www.facebook.com/ProjectAppleseedVermont

LittleMo

Pictures of the Rotterdam Appleseed 5/19-20/2012  :)
Growing old is mandatory; Growing up is optional!  :)

Marksmanship can be taught and learned,
but the motivation has to be inspired for the
people to become involved.
How many have you inspired that became involved?

http://www.facebook.com/NYSAppleseed
http://www.facebook.com/ProjectAppleseedVermont