News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Nashville, IN May 19-20

Started by Mudcat, May 20, 2012, 11:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudcat

Another great shoot at Hoosier Hills Rifle and Pistol Club. What a great club to have an Appleseed at. Great hospitality toward the shooters and instructors alike. Wes was even cooking burgers for all of us on Sunday.  O0
It seemed like the order of the weekend was Family. Brothers, Moms with Daughters, Grandparents, Dads even 3 generations on the line. It was such a great feeling to be among such great Americans. 29 Shooters on Saturday and 21 on Sunday we had a great time learning about our Heritage and some new Marksmanship skills. They battled the heat, sun, Redcoats, green coats, evil 5 squares and the infamous AQT with nary a complaint. This group continually wanted more.

I will post some pictures and more comments tomorrow, just wanted to get this up. 
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Barbie

My first AS that wasn't underwater... whew, I was forgetting what dry, sunny warmth felt like!   

It sure was nice to see families out on the line this weekend... moms & dads w/their kids, grandparents w/grandkids...

This was my 4th AS, and one thing I can say for sure is each and every one is unique.  Indiana folks, ya'll were super  O0  Nice to make it to an AS in my own state!  A big thanks to Wes for lunch on Sunday.  AS, grilling, and our AS family... can't beat that :)

Thanks to SPQR for breaking me outta my (SA Marlin) rut by letting me shoot an AQT w/his bolt-action Marlin.  Highlight of the weekend was shooting a 193 with it, and not getting 4 shots off... dangit, shoulda shot another AQT w/it!  (... and Slim, I heard your little "You made good progress w/her, she's hardheaded" comment  &) )  Sure learned lots, and what I need to focus on more (ahem, front sight, ahem)  :slap:  Thanks to Mudcat for calling me out on what I was doing wrong  ~~:)

Looking forward to seeing ya'll again on the trail this summer.    :---

~ Barbie

"There's only one direction: downrange."

Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com

Indiana Appleseed:  Farm Bred, Brass Fed

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

brianheeter

Huzzaaaaahhhhhh!!!!   History!  Heritage!  Marksmanship!  Neighbors!  Families!  Ohio Border Raiders!  New Riflemen!  Grilled burgers!!!!!  What a great way to spend a weekend:  doing something not only fun and challenging but worthwhile, too.  We had 4 new Rifleman and improvement up and down the line.  Several people are getting pretty close.  Keep at it and you will succeed!

My poor steel plates!  One of them had this cool color-shifting paint on it.  Then it just got hammered!  No more cool color-shifting paint.  "Nice job!" to everyone who applied high speed paint remover during the KD shooting on Sunday.

Thanks to Wes for being the Grillmaster on Sunday.  Hot burgers are really hard to beat.  And thanks to all the shooters and Instructors who brought their centerfire rifles and allowed others the chance to shoot them.  We had 2 Garands, at least one AR and a Mosin.  A good time was had by all (except the steel plates).

That was fun, let's do it again.  The next shoot at HHRP is July 7-8.  But don't wait that long.  Find another Appleseed shoot that's going on sooner, go to that one, polish your skills and come back to Nashville and knock our (stylish dress) socks off with your marksmanship prowess!

C ya,

brian

(refuse to) Kiss the Ring!

SPQR

Good job, barb, sometimes you just gotta change it up to put your mind back onto the fundamentals.

I had a blast, folks.  It was great to share a line with such safe, good people.  Its nice to see the Nashville range going like gangbusters.
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

Mudcat

Here are a few pics I took of the weekend.
Here is Scott our Saturday Rifleman 240 by the way. He has asked about an orange hat too.

Here is from the top James another Rifleman, Ben and Matt. All made great progress over the weekend especially Mason.

Nice seated positions  on Sunday morning. from the bottom Maureen, Jake,Brandon, Danial another Rifleman, Kevin, some ugly guy ;D and Neal.

Here we have XDman giving a watchful eye to bottom to top Mason, Barbie, Matt and Ben.

A couple of brothers here Brad and Nathan shooting from the edge of the woods.

Grandfather and Grandson Danial and Brandon, great people and were always ready. Brandon is pretty fast too.

Here is another family Acutee, Randy and Kate. Dont worry the black clothes are engineered fabric. lol Wish Randy could have stayed for the afternoon he was really shooting well.

Dr. Matt and Evan father and son. You guys shot really well and made a lot of progress,

Then we have the ugly guy that no one would shoot beside. lol

I did not get a picture of Scott, Sam and Cody though they were the 3 generations we had on the line. I missed Ann, Tim and Claire in my pics somehow too.
You all provided me with a great birthday weekend  on the firing line with my fellow Americans. Thanks to you all for coming and sharing with us, I hope to see you back on the line sometime soon.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

redbaron

Good times. Thanks for the water on Sunday!  O0

SPQR

Quote from: Mudcat on May 21, 2012, 05:29:20 PM

Ugly to be sure, but he sings well.
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

Mudcat

Quote from: SPQR on May 22, 2012, 01:33:38 PM
Quote from: Mudcat on May 21, 2012, 05:29:20 PM

I knew I could get one more reply on this AAR by saying that. Yes he is not a bad singer. O0

Ugly to be sure, but he sings well.
--George Washington

kate

A few more pictures! Can't forget the Riflemen  ;D

IIIPERCENT

3 generations