News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

ID, Blackfoot, May 19-20

Started by TruTenacity, May 18, 2012, 11:35:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruTenacity

What a few Instructors saw on the way to the range.

On the road again ...

Thankful for farmers.

Almost there!

Thanks to the Cedar Hills Gun Club for hosting another Project Appleseed Event. Wonderful facility!

Nice clubhouse!

The three lines are set before the SB arrives.  Nice work guys!

Ready for the backers in the morning.

How'd you like the teaser?
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

hawkhavn

Love it!
Homesick and I'm not from Idaho!!

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

Johnnyappleseed

Wow ,beautiful  O0
how long is the drive to Blackfoot ?
O0
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

TruTenacity

It took the Redneck family minus two about 9.5 hours to drive with only a couple quick rest stops and a couple stops to fill up the gas tank and time to make our sandwiches and then hit the road again.  It's interesting how we have to head north then east and drive through parts of Montana before heading south and getting into southern Idaho.  There's no easy way to get over the mountain range.

Saturday photos:

Father and son

Jen123Rex and her children

Husband and wife team

Instructors instructing
Dresden

Critical Mass

Any Rifleman today?

As a matter of fact there are!
Lou, our adaptive appleseeder, shot rifleman and will more than likely join us with an Orange Hat

And Chris made rifleman! An Orange Hat is ready for him, too, once he attends one more event.

Guess who else showed up? The local news team.  And about a half hour after they left a journalist from a Pocatello newspaper showed up, but I didn't capture a picture of him.

I can be a bit artsy, too, thanks to our girls' great example.

Two more guests.  Meet Mr. Blow Snake and his kid.

More pictures tomorrow.
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

Evenstar

Wow... that's... a big snake.

And I really want one of those pink t-shirts. ;)

Looks like day one was awesome. WR and I saw the news clip this morning, and it was great!
'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

noworky

I would like to really thank the Redneck family-2 from up north for the great time I had on Saturday and today. We also had a great and very helpful crew of orange hats including a couple new ones Lou and Andrew, Congratulations!!!! ^:)^ I was real happy to shoot a rifleman score both days and couldn't have done it without a lot of great and dedicated folks help. It's funny I'm 59 and I learned more in two days about our heritage and our founding father's than I did all through school or maybe I just wasn't paying attention then!!  :-\ Thanks to all I had a great time hope to see you in September and maybe get an orange hat myself.     

TruTenacity

The event has come to a close.  Being the only one with a camera, this is the last post with pictures.

I was right.  Lou joined us this morning and got right to work.

Angelica has a nice solid sitting position

She also has a great smile

Taking a break between AQTs to hear a Dangerous Old Man story.

Heading back to the line

Adding new perspective to what a 4 minute of angle target looks like

Duct tape can be a shooter's best friend.

Will Don make it over the hump?

Yes he does!

After having earned his Winterseed Patch in Utah this winter, Andrew shows he's able to do it again and ...
Idaho now has a new youth instructor! Thanks for taking on the Orange Hat, Andrew.

Lookin' good

On Sunday, after the event, the SB gives the youth instructors some instruction on how to take apart a magazine, clean it, and put it back together.

I'm so thankful we made the trip.  We've a long drive home tomorrow.  I'm certain much of the time during the drive will be spent reflecting on this weekend.

Thanks to all the attendees for your enthusiasm, your patience, your teachable attitude, your fortitude, and your attentiveness.  Please take the Shoot Boss' charge seriously and 7th step.  It won't be long before southern Idaho becomes full of rifleman who know very well what they are about.   

Mark Davis

WAY TO GO ANDREW!!!
It's good to see the east Idaho bunch, even if it just on the internet.
See you for real at Rexburg!

George Hacker

Congratulations to the new riflemen.  Well done! O0

Thank you to all who stepped up (and plan to step up) to help with Project Appleseed by taking an orange hat.  It is the volunteers like you who help Appleseed grow and spread. ..:..

ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

Necee

Nice job Andrew!!  Now we just need to get Angelica her patch and it's another ID family of Appleseeders  ;D  So great to see you persevere and keep going.  Like Mark said- it's great to see you even if it's just on the  computer ;)  Congrats and thanks to everyone else that went!  RR and family - please have a safe drive home!!

Critical Mass

Many thanks to all who participated, and especially 'reformed red' neck and his family for making the long trek down from N. Idaho to be the shoot boss(es).

13 shooters, and 2 qualified rifleman  ^:)^ on Saturday.   A might windy, but what else to expect here in E. Idaho in the spring.

11 shooters, with one requal  ;) and one new rifleman O0.  Beautiful day with lighter winds and temps in the hi-60's

We now have a budding and growing presence of IIT's in E. Idaho and the potential for hosting a weekend boot camp in maybe the next year or so?
Fear out of experience is to be . . . conquered,
Fear out of ignorance is to be . . . STUPID!

Desert_Rat

Had a great time! A big thanks to the Redneck family for coming down and spending a few days with us.  Congrats to the new riflemen!
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -- Robert Heinlein

Johnnyappleseed

Idaho has men and women who truly know what they are about .The same can be said about the youth too O0
Each of you has the heart of a Rifleman ;)

Congratulations to those who achieved Rifeman .^5

Thanx to RR and family for their efforts at preserving our liberties .It is sure is a ways to go.

Hello Larry ,Rob and all in Idaho .
See you on the trail and on the forum.
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Jerry Hall

Howdy All,

I think there's something in the water in Blackfoot, ID and the surrounding area that breeds Riflemen!

It's great to see so many awakening Americans off the couch and on the line experiencing our heritage.  O0

Congratulations to all who achieved the Rifleman's patch and to those who stepped up to accept the duties of becoming an IIT.  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:

My most sincere thanks to all who stepped up to make this event such a success.

I definitely enjoyed my opportunity to work with the fine folks of the Blackfoot area last year and hope to be able to do it again one day.

"...till we meet again..." Happy Trails,

Jerry
"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Jen123Rex

We had a lot of fun in Blackfoot.  It was so nice to be able to go to Blackfoot only an hour from our house after being to Worland, Wyoming and north Idaho.  We registered the second we saw the minimum age was changed to ten, so Angelica could finally attend Blackfoot for her seventh Appleseed.

Andrew is a very proud orange hat.  He has been wearing it ever since we left.

Thanks to everyone for putting together the Blackfoot Appleseed.  A great big thanks to Reformed Redneck, True Tenacity and Still Learnin' for making the long drive down. 

We are really looking forward to you coming down to Rexburg, Mark.  Hopefully we'll have half way decent weather.  Several tickets have already sold.  Hopefully the Local News 8 coverage will make it a sold out event.

Mr.Freedom

Kudos to the folks that made an almost 10 hour drive to help and assist the Appleseed program. I have been a tad complacent lately and it is encouraging to me when I see other folks step up in a big way. Well done and as always, great pictures. In some ways, Idaho reminds me of New England.
Don't Ever Forget 9/11

I Pray Not For An Easy Life, But That I Become A Strong Person.

THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph Thomas Paine

ID_Hezekiah

Great photos, looks like the shoot went fine and big congrats to Andrew and the other new riflemen! Sorry that I couldn't IIT and meet the Redneck Clan, but I had to be over in Boise to shoot sporting clays both days to get my qualifying targets registered for the upcoming Idaho State Sporting Clays Championship.
The British learned to dread the frequent appearances of this dire rider at unexpected points along the route of their passage, for his aim was true, and the economical principles in which he was trained forbade his wasting powder and ball.