News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lake George, NY 5/12-13/12

Started by nyrasgt, May 18, 2012, 04:17:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nyrasgt

Messers. Adams and Hancock sent us a glorious weekend on which to practice the evolutions of waking sleeping citizens, bailing the sinking ship, and instructing on our history, heritage and development of marksmanship skills.  Nick/Josey Wales and I framed the weekend in the chill of Saturday morning - not unlike the morning 237 years, and 23 days earlier in Massachusetts.  The debt we owe to those (soon to be former) British subjects was emphasized to all present, as well as what we can do to pay that debt.
   Thirteen shooters Saturday (appropriately) took on the morning Redcoats, with the following results:
100:  4
200:  1
300:  0
400:  1
Square:  2
  At the end of Saturday, to avoid suspense:
100:  7
200:  4
300:  3
400:  0
Square:  2

We had a second-Appleseed family of Margaret and Clare, Jomarie - a multiple-Appleseed attendee touring NY State via Appleseed shoots (Burlington Flats is next), another mother-daughters family of Eva(mom) and Kyla and Maisey, young James, whose LEO father, Dan, joined us on the line Sunday, as well as Saturday walk-ons Jim, who fired Rifleman @ Lake George last year, and young shooters Sequoia and Erin.
    Only major challenge Saturday was a)  sharing the facility with 20+ new club members attending their range orientation class (byt quite a few found themselves 7th Stepped), and b)  sharing the firing line (though separated by a significant number of empty firing points) with some of the club orientees.
Dunham's Bay has a new Safety Range Light System in place:  red lights are turned on when any cease fire is called, and yellow lights @ individual firing points are illuminated when shooters leave the firing line to go down range.  When they return to the firing line, they extinguish their individual yellow lights, and the line boss or RSO, after checkingt that ALL yellow lights are out, can then turn the red, cease fire lights off.  Sounds cumbersome, but relatively easy to get the hang of, and as system applies to entire line, adds yet another level of safety...which is still the responsiblity of each individual shooter, whether Appleseed or club.
   Sunday the family groups had other commitments, as did Jim, on Mother's Day, but we were joined by multiple Appleseeder Anna.
  Recent RHI Sue(The Mrs.)bossed the line on Saturday, with IIT Smurf (nice lungs) on Sunday.
First Strike was Mr. Wales, 2nd Gary/Little Mo, and Smurf doing outstanding job on both IMC (Sat) and 3rd Strike Sunday.
  Sunday was also day that Mr. Wales and I took Rifleman Keith, along with James and his father Dan to the KD line to exercise their .22s @ 100 yards - and that, too was nicely done, Keith keeping nearly 20/20 in the black and everyone creating in-the-black groups @ 100...IMC and NPOA do work.
Hotter Sunday
  Sunday's Redcoats:
                 AM                   PM
100:           6                     6
200:           3                     2
300:           2                     2
400:           4                     1
Square:      1                     1
Cleaned:    1                     1  (Keith, both times)

I will add more detail and post the IARR ASAP, and
Excelsior,
madMark

"Aim for a high mark and you will hit it.  No, not the first time, nor the second, and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting,
for only practice will make you perfect.
Finally, you will hit the bulls-eye of success."
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists
"Nemo me impune lacessit."  Montresor, via E. A. Poe, 1846

Smurf

I would like to congratulate all of the the shooters that attended the Dunham's Bay Fish and Game Club event. They came from different backgrounds and at different levels. Some completely new and untested, others very experienced and yet they all came with a SUPER HUGE desire to learn. They all had different goals and expectations. You all really worked hard to understand both the history and heritage presented.  But please, please shift your NPOA, Hold the trigger back, Get your knee up, You're beathing wrong, Will ya slow down ya got 2 minutes!!!  I am TRUELY PROUD of each of you.

Josey Wales

...interesting data for you all..

out of 14 shooters total
  4 Woman
  6 Children 5 girls 1 boy
  4 Men

..I am proud of the woman & children, but where are all the men in this country?..

....but I will never give up hope cause,         "Where There Is Life, There Is Hope."                   

..........................................Strength & Honor..........Josey Wales..................
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

R1SGx2

Nice shoot, was good to see those from Proctor Vermont continuing their journey.

Good job and nice work by all.
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

The Mrs.

Great job to all involved.

To our shooters thank you for such a wonderful weekend.  You were all there with teachable attitudes, it was indeed a pleasure to work with you.

Ladies, while Josey might see the glass half empty, I see it as half full.  You came out (out numbering the guys) and you worked!!  Not a slacker amongst you.  I am danged proud!!

Thank you to Dunham's Bay.  Your new light system (built for safety...who can fault that!!) was a bit awkward at first, but hey.....Project Appleseed is all about adjusting, adapting and persevereing.  We quickly became use to it and the line moved forward.

Keep working everyone.  Dry fire, go to your local range if you can.  Practice, practice, practice!!!  We are about reawakening the spirit of America.  Pay attention, speak out for what you believe.  Don't let little set backs cause you to stop.  Know what you are about.  A Riflemen is made by perseverance, whether it be with the rifle, or standing up for what you feel is right.

In the immortal words of Stoner....Drive On!!
Think with love and truth
See with love and truth
Speak with love and truth
Hear with love and truth
And come from the heart, with love, and truth, and honor.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. ~ Margaret Mead  US anthropologist

The Mrs.

There are pics!! :pics:
Think with love and truth
See with love and truth
Speak with love and truth
Hear with love and truth
And come from the heart, with love, and truth, and honor.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. ~ Margaret Mead  US anthropologist

LittleMo

An great job by both the shooters and the Instructors! It is always good to see women at an Appleseed, they have the drive to learn and improve! This event was no differ. There were more women on the line than men and they absorbed the instruction then put it to use! Remember to practice and dry-fire to be ready for your next Appleseed!

Thank you to Dunham's Bay Fish and Game Club! :bow:

Gary

p.s. pictures to follow. Forgive me for not posting these sooner!
Growing old is mandatory; Growing up is optional!  :)

Marksmanship can be taught and learned,
but the motivation has to be inspired for the
people to become involved.
How many have you inspired that became involved?

http://www.facebook.com/NYSAppleseed
http://www.facebook.com/ProjectAppleseedVermont

LittleMo

Lake George 5/12-13/2012 pictures!
Growing old is mandatory; Growing up is optional!  :)

Marksmanship can be taught and learned,
but the motivation has to be inspired for the
people to become involved.
How many have you inspired that became involved?

http://www.facebook.com/NYSAppleseed
http://www.facebook.com/ProjectAppleseedVermont

R1SGx2

Nice pictures of a great event and Beautiful Mothersday Weekend.

Good job by all.
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

Mph_VT

hoo ah Dunham Bay! From my exile in the bible belt.

All these great shoots going on! keep up the great work. I shall return.
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it.

Learned Hand

Sir, the gods of the valley are not the gods of the hills, and you shall understand it.             

Ethan Allen