News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR College Station, TX May 12-13, 2012

Started by Sir Not Appearing In This Film, May 14, 2012, 11:28:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

AAR College Station, TX May 12-13, 2012

On May 12-13, 2012 We had another successful Appleseed at the great Cawthon Cartridge Club near College Station, TX

We started off with 6 enthusiastic shooters on Saturday, some of whom were on their 2nd or 3rd Appleseed. It was good to Sean and TxGal back on the line.  The local Texas A&M University was holding graduation and it was Mother's Day weekend - I was glad we had the 6 participants both days.

Saturday was overcast for the most part and that helped keep the temp down.

We were fortunate to have access to the range next to the classroom building. There was some construction in the classroom area Saturday so Baminal and TxGal's portable shelters were used.  I called the line Saturday and Baminal and I both instructed and told history. We stayed pretty busy instructing - thus fewer pictures.
Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Sunday each of our 6 shooters returned for more. I like it when that happens.  O0

Baminal called the line throughout Sunday. It was a little warmer Sunday but the shooters persisted.

Sunday pics...

TxGal had worked with her daughter Kat all day Saturday but did not shoot until Sunday. Young lady Kat (I made the mistake of calling her little girl   :slap:) was handling her rifle very safely, so we loaned mom a rifle and she got busy. I believe this was her first time using peep sights. A little IMC math and sight adjustments and she was dialed in. Here she is during the first AQT of the day.

(I knew it before it was scored... ..:..)

After some public math and verification...we had a mother - TxGal - make a 221 Rifleman score on Mother's Day during the first AQT of the day!

Her husband and sister-in-law are Riflemen as well.

I recall Cindy scoring in the 185 range at her last Appleseed.

A pic of the yoots at this event.

A pic of our new Riflewoman at the North Bridge.

Until next time - dryfire and FOLLOW THE 6 STEPS!

Ladyseed Man Slave

sleepy Joe

Thanks again SNAITF for stepping up and bailing me out
congrats Cindy
Thanks BAM
By the numbers

TX_Gal

We had a great time. Thanks so much SNAITF & Bam!! I have a couple extra shots to share...
TX_GAL

BTW, Joe, Did SNAITF tell you that we figured out why it took to my THIRD shoot to earn my Rifleman Score?