News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Rising Fawn, GA May 12 - 13

Started by Ramblin' Wreck, May 13, 2012, 07:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramblin' Wreck

Although the weather forecast showed a high probability of rain,we had a great bunch of shooters take the line in Rising Fawn, GA at On Target at Fox Mountain on Saturday morning. The rain held off on Saturday giving us near perfect conditions for an Appleseed for the remainder of the day. We had a mix of very experienced shooters and some who had never held a gun before including two shooters under age 10. After covering the safety basics, we launched in to the accelerated instruction format. We could not have had a more attentive group of shooters willing to apply what they had learned as evidenced by the improvement in the Red Coat "hits count" target results between the morning and afternoon.

As expected at a shoot on mother's day weekend, attendance on Sunday dropped dramatically and the rain that had been forecast for the weekend arrived overnight and lasted throughout the day Sunday.  We adapted by moving the line and shooting from under the covered line. Sunday began with 3 shooters with one of them shooting a Rifleman score before we broke for lunch to hear some more history from WriteOnTarget. Congratulations to Brian W for earning his Rifleman patch.

Thanks to all the shooters who came out provided such a great teachable attitude. We'll be looking for all of you back on the line at afuture Appleseed soon.

Pictures of the event can be found at: http://s1121.photobucket.com/albums/l502/Ramblinwreck77/Appleseed%20Events/Rising%20Fawn%20May%2012%20-%2013%202012/
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown

BamaSeeder

Thanks again Wreck for a great weekend! My nephew and I had a great time. Now I need to figure out where I'm going to put my patch!  ;D

-Brian W

Ramblin' Wreck

Hey Brian,
Thanks for coming out. I enjoyed meeting you guys too. Tell Matthew to keep dry firing. We have another shoot here in June. Hope you can make it.

Ramblinwreck
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown