News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Manhattan May 11-12

Started by kDan, May 13, 2012, 01:03:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kDan

The IIT who scheduled to help me run this shoot lost a family member over the weekend, so I ran the small shoot (7 shooters) by myself.  And guess what...  IT WAS THE BEST RUN MANHATTAN EVENT YET!!!!!   Between the Friday night classroom and Saturday night range time, we got about 9 hours of uninterrupted kDan, live and uncut!  We Instructors talk about "one more thing-itis", where one Instructor walks on another one just to make one more point.  This can make things like a safety brief run on and on until every Red Hat gets his chance to say something like, "and another thing about bears..." 

Well, I've found the solution...  NO OTHER INSTRUCTORS!  HA!  You guys can watch the Rangers game - I don't care!  Not only did I not have to let anybody else talk, but I didn't have to bide my time and wait to see if somebody mentioned Queen Elizabeth, or bite my tongue while somebody pronounced Concord wrong again!  It's pronounced "CONk'id", not "Con Coard"! 

We had a small shoot, like I said, and it was great, again as noted above.  Two regulars were there and the rest were new to the event.  A former high school competitor from Nassau County, now an adult who hadn't shot in years until a couple weeks ago, shot a 190 on our scaled down 50 ft AQT - the best we've had yet, and I'll say that she shot this score with the only rifle we have managed to re-barrel through the Instructor donation program.  It also has tech-sites installed.  We have four rifles with tech-sites, and I have four more barrels to install, and six more sets of sights but the program is on hold right now until the Westside Instructors come around to the new technology.  We'll get there.  We'll get the barrels on some rifles as soon as there's a minute. 

All in all this was a really good group of shooters.  One woman, who had never touched a firearm before, and who claimed to be afraid of them, repeatedly shot six minute groups all night long.

I guess I might as well post the pics I took while I'm here though, ugh.  Hold on a second while I go find my camera over there somewhere in the dark.  It's late and all the lights are out.  Don't want to step on anything... step on dog he'll bite me.

Okay here we go.  A few of the shooters were uncomfortable having their pictures taken, so I only took these two.

Norman is my man.  He walked through the village like that.  I mean you can see some folks dressed up in the village, but as a Continental with a musket - now that's a sight.  He's been at more than half our events and helped Josey Wales out with his Library Seed in Queens a couple weeks back.  He comes out to Calverton too nowadays as a shooter and is a regular Appleseed kinda guy.  He also does birthdays, weddings, and bar-mitzvahs.

Those of us that don't mind having our mugs plastered all over the internet.

"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

Revman

I found the intimate size of the group worked very well. There is one thing about NYC groups you get some really good questions. I would like to thank kDan for his warmth and openness.
I do help teach kids that come by the church for their "history".
PS never been to a bar-mitzvah.
:pop:
Revman
Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country

VietVet

Quote from: kDan on May 13, 2012, 01:03:53 AM
  ....Between the Friday night classroom and Saturday night range time, we got about 9 hours of uninterrupted kDan, live and uncut!.... 

Oh No.....this means he didn't even finish the First Strike! ;D

OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

kDan

How did you know that?

Quote from: VietVet on May 14, 2012, 01:49:05 AM
  ....Between the Friday night classroom and Saturday night range time, we got about 9 hours of uninterrupted kDan, live and uncut!.... 

"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

CharlieHotel

Kdan, run amok with no checks in place... Call the Brain Police!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0QP4pdfK7w

CH

Quote from: kDan on May 14, 2012, 09:38:01 AM
How did you know that?

Quote from: VietVet on May 14, 2012, 01:49:05 AM

"A good plan executed perfectly is better than a perfect plan executed poorly"

"As steel sharpens steel, so one man sharpens another"

"It's not the dope 'ON' the rifle, but the one behind it!" - Unknown PMI, Parris Island, SC 1984

So speak and so act as those who will be judged by the law of Liberty.
For Judgement comes without mercy for those who have shown no mercy, Mercy shall triumph over judgement.
James 2:12-13

kDan

Quote from: Revman on May 13, 2012, 06:50:24 PM
PS never been to a bar-mitzvah.
Revman

No reason you shouldn't try to increase your exposure Revman.

Quote from: CharlieHotel on May 14, 2012, 09:46:57 AM

Kdan, run amok with no checks in place... Call the Brain Police!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0QP4pdfK7w

CH

"whooo are the braaaaiiin poliiiice?"  blow your harmonica son
"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

kDan

"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout