News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Kaysville Ut 21/28 April

Started by Buzz, May 09, 2012, 02:26:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

An Appleseed event over to Saturdays 21 and 28 April 2012
present were 2 Red Hats one acting as shoot boss and 4 IIT's
And 3 IIT PC's passed

1 new orange hat

Total Attendance: 1st Saturday: 16 2nd  Saturday: 12
We had no Walk ons both days
And 4 free preregistrations that did not show both days
The weather was fine and very warm on the 1st Saturday and fine and cool the 2nd  Saturday:

3 new riflemen qualified congratulations Matt, Zach and Dan
And thanks Matt for stepping up to become an orange Hat

There were no safety issues and all Instructors pulled together to run a successful shoot

Range fees $7.00 only for those over 18

Other factors we ran this shoot as 2 Saturdays the problem is that we could have had more shooters attend on the second Saturday but the appleseed website shut down any new registrations so new people could not enroll even though there was a week between shoots

morrisnk

Thanks everyone for a great Appleseed event.  We had a good turnout, wonderful weather, and 3 riflemen.

Congratulations to Zach who was shooting qualifying AQTs all day with an awesome bolt-action CZ (my favorite kind of .22 rifle) Military Trainer using only the tangent sights!  We could all take some tips on working that bolt from Zach.

Congratulations to Dan who worked it early the second weekend and shot a number of qualifying AQTs.

Congratulations to Matt who squeaked by at the very end of the second weekend.  Way to persevere and not give up!

We had a lot of shooters stick it out to the end.  Von and his son, repeat Appleseeders, and Chris from the military, let's work it this summer and come back for your patches.  Lynn, you need to whip your kids into shape and make riflemen out of them (just kidding).

We had some great story telling during lunch.  The story of Isaac Davis gets to me every time I hear it.

Good job everyone.  I've attached a few photos that I snapped during the shoot:

Here's Zach and his CZ:

Here's Dan sporting a 10/22:

Zach and Buzz:

Still can't believe you threw a scope on that CZ (just kidding, it's awesome):

Keep up the good work everyone!

-morrisnk (aka Nate)

The Grand Baboon

What? No love for Dan or Matt?
"Screw the animals! They had just as long to evolve and invent rifles, but they didn't...we win!"

morrisnk

Sorry, I don't have those pictures.  We'll need to get Dave to post the ones taken with his camera.

Cowboy Accountant

Ahh....Kaysville, Utah!  I grew up in Kearns and had a friend who moved to Kaysville when I was about 7 or 8.  I remember him taking me to see Kay's Cross.  I hear some vandals destroyed it a few years back.

snake925

April shoot was great. June will be better.

Humility + dedication=unity