News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lake Village IN, May 5-6 2012

Started by yellowhousejake, May 07, 2012, 11:56:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowhousejake

Another great weekend, and my first time at Lake Village. Ed and Teresa where wonderful hosts offering a fantastic property, hospitality, and good shooting.

We enjoyed a fine bunch of youngsters both days. George bringing his grandkids Jeffery, Brayson, and Brooke. Such a fine group of kids who took instruction well and never got bored or distracted. Scott returned with Joshua who runs a cricket bolt action like an old hand. I think everyone got to take a turn with tech sights and liked them. We just need to get Jeffery's trigger finger slowed down, Brooke to concentrate on the front sight, and Brayson to crack a smile (unflappable he is).

Teresa did a fine job both days, especially once she figured out that she liked the hasty sling the best. Scott, get that scope sighted in with locktight on the rail. Phil, so close, you are one of several returning Appleseeders I am watching now, all sitting on the bump of 200 points. You will get there with fine tuning. Watch that trigger finger.

Overall we worked through several problems like learning to adjust factory sights, how to operate the bolt on a plinkster, and where to put the ammo for a single shot during stage 1.

I hope I get to return later this year.

Thank you everyone for spending the weekend with us, James and I have a great time.

Yellowhousejake

I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

NWIeng

Let's add in some color commentary, shall we?

Our neat and tidy target line....

Our neat and tidy target line with an array of 22's...

Of course we have our history lessons...

Father and son on the line together...

I just love this picture of our youngest man on the line...

And a picture of what brings our volunteers back again and again...