News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Noblesville, IN May 5-6

Started by hawkhavn, May 07, 2012, 10:20:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawkhavn

Hancock County Fish and Game hosted a great Appleseed last weekend.  We settled into the cozy (and shady!) pistol bay Saturday and moved to the Rifle line on Sunday when the mud dried out.

A father/son team joined us on Saturday and they were joined by a father/daughter team on Sunday as well as a another junior shooter.  More to come soon, join in!

Let's just say the six steps and IMC works, this was the first and second set of squares shot by a young lady just finishing up the 5th grade using a S&W 15-22:

Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

Theophilus

So does NPOA.
Congratulations, young lady, on excellent shooting.

Theophilus
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only-begotten Son, that whosoever believes on him may not perish, but have life eternal.  John 3:16

CQ CQ CQ de WB7AOW

Brown

That is some EXCELLENT shooting there lady. keep it up!
I have noticed you get things done and I respect that-SPQR

stagehand steve

It was pleasure to work with you all.

Tony and Jake, what a great father/son team.  Keep at it and you will guys will do well.

FireAxes and Courtlin, I really enjoyed meeting you.  Courtlin, you are so close.  I loved your intensity on the range.  FireAxes, I can't wait to do more shoots with you.

And for the record, there were two father/daughter teams there.  I was happy to see Alex persevering through on Sunday afternoon.  Hang in there!

As always it was a joy to serve with my fellow instructors.

-stagehand steve
"The program needs us all working one level beyond where we truly feel comfortable and competent." - ATM

Frodo: I wish none of this had happened.
Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."
- George Washington, First Annual Address, to both House of Congress (8 January 1790).

spitfire51

Had a wonderful weekend with everyone.  Tony and Jake, for a couple of guys who didn't have a lot of experience shooting, you both made tremendous progress over the weekend.  Courtlin and Alex, I feel better about the future of our country seeing such wonderful young ladies come out and persevere through a rather warm day to share in remembering and honoring those who came before us, in addition to putting up some impressive scores on the AQTs.  I know there was some disappointment about not making it over that final hurdle, but remember to relax and not worry about the scores, only on taking good shots and you WILL break that 210 barrier.  I suspect with both of you that once you get that coveted score, you'll be able to do it again and again because you will know how to shoot well, not just how to score well on an AQT.  Big thanks to my fellow instructors for running a productive and safe shoot.

Also a big thanks to those working to improve the HCFG range.  You all are doing tremendous work and I can't wait to see that range once the improvements are finished.
"A vote is like a rifle, its usefulness depends on the character of the user" -Theodore Roosevelt

Niecie

So sorry I missed working with some of my favorite instructors!! It looks like you all had a great weekend without getting forced to eat Liberty bars  >:D

Congratulations, Steve! And keep going Alex - your determined and persevering attitude are what the best Riflemen are made of!

FireAxes and Courtlin glad you both made it out to the range. I hope we get to see you both again soon - great targets Courtlin!!

Spitfire51 is dead-on about both of you young ladies! I am certain your fathers could not be more proud. You are both  fantastic role models for others, and not just the ladies, I might add!

So happy to see that you had such a great weekend. I will see you all soon,

Niecie

FireAxes

I'm a little late posting my thoughts. A little time for reflection may not be a bad thing though.

It was hot, it challenging, it was a great time.

Courtlin had a blast as usual. She's planning our next shoot already. Some sort of Appleseed artwork is currently being worked on right now across the room as I type this.

Me? I always learn something new. I also verified what I already knew, I need more practice with iron sights. Guess I have an excuse to shoot more.

I'm always impressed with the Instructors. I know first hand how hard it is to get volunteers in the first place. Here we have people showing up every weekend many miles from home with smiles on their faces and patience in their voices. I'd love to staff the Volunteer Fire service with Appleseed Instructors.