News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Bristol, WI 5/5/12

Started by colycat, May 07, 2012, 02:14:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colycat

I always good to get back to the Conservation Club of Kenosha in Bristol Wisconsin and even better to spend the weekend with true Americans.  Even though the weather people were telling everyone to stay home for the weekend it didn't scare the true rifleman who left their couches to enjoy the only sport endorsed by the founders of the country.

Here's the group shot from Sunday, before the down pour.

[/img]
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

dragonfly

Looks like a fun group  O0

D-fly  Keeping the Faith
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

LDB

Yes, we definitely experienced a deluge. The lightening display was intensely beautiful. It has been a while since I have seen that many lightning strikes within the span of an hour. Humbling display of the heavens. It was warm enough that shooting in the rain wasn't bad at all.

Colycat, you forgot to mention you had two participants who earned their rifleman.   O0

My very first target from my first appleseed weekend had so few bullet holes in it that it could have been reused. This weekend, my first target totaled 105 and the second target totaled around 130.  ^:)^ Next appleseed, I'm going for a total of around 150!

colycat

yes, we did have 2 rifleman scores.  Actually they were WAY up there, mid 220's I think.

Rifleman Charles

Rifleman Andy
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

colycat

I didn't want to say anything until it became official from instructor promotions.  The promotion came through last night, so, its true,,,,

Janir is a Red Hat, full instructor :bow: :bow:

Now, how do we get Hugh to post the picture?

Taylor

Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

Trig

1st Appleseed - Osage Beach MO, 4/17/10- special thanks to Longshot, ThorsHammer, and JungleGeorge
2nd Appleseed - Lodi WI - Rifleman/Orange Hat 4/17/11 - special thanks to Dragonfly, Mr. Natural, Lady Vetch, and Trisha
IT1 - Hubertus WI, 5/7/11
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11
IT3 - Suamico WI, 6/18/11
IT4 - Racine WI 8/7/11     ***KD Rifleman*** special thanks to Colycat and JoeZ
Red Hat - Hubertus 8/13/11
Shoot Boss - Lodi WI 6/10/12  *thanks to all I have learned/stolen from on my journey* Special thanks to Dfly and Coly *
********************Better Americans today, better America tomorrow!********************

Janir

Ok, you'd like to think my picture uploading-fu skills would be good being a I.T. guy but I had to do a few run arounds to get this to work correctly but I think I got it working now. Here are a few pics from Hugh that weekend.

Yes it was very rainy...

Andrew makes Rifleman:

Some dude named Janir made Red Hat...

Here's that Janir putz again. Seem's Colycat's the responsible one for that. Only fitting as he gave me my Rifleman patch. Thanks to all the instructors that helped teach on the Appleseed Trail!

"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -Thomas Jefferson

"Our forefathers gave us a better way to refresh the Tree of Liberty. If we give our blood and sweat now,  willingly, by using the political and social processes they secured for us with their lives, maybe our own Posterity will never have to unwillingly spill their blood and tears to re-secure their Liberty. " - Janir

Janir

In general I have to say that our shooters were awesome for sticking it out 2 days of rain with occasional thunder and lighting. anyone could have left and not shown up after the heavy stuff started but we really had some committed folks that weekend. My hat's off to  you and I'm looking forward to seeing you guys again!
"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -Thomas Jefferson

"Our forefathers gave us a better way to refresh the Tree of Liberty. If we give our blood and sweat now,  willingly, by using the political and social processes they secured for us with their lives, maybe our own Posterity will never have to unwillingly spill their blood and tears to re-secure their Liberty. " - Janir