News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Manhattan April 20-21

Started by kDan, May 05, 2012, 10:28:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kDan

Better late than never right?

These events have taken on a certain momentum of their own, and it's a good thing.  Who'd a thunk Appleseed would have a regular home in NYC?  VietVet, CharlieHotel, SunnyAM and BrooklynBound were all there to help us ring out the names.  Thanks guys.  We had a full line of shooters and several rifles with tech-sites, one with a new barrel as part of our on-going project to upgrade the equipment at Westside.

As VV pointed out, we were the last volley for the 4/19 week-end (saturday around 7pm), and what a place to be.  As the sun set on the east coast and Appleseeders around the country looked back on their own historic remembrance of our forefathers and mothers, we rang out a volley that, if it couldn't be heard from our humble basement, at least sent the vibrations of Liberty across Kip's Bay half a mile away, where Washington had watched his militia troops scatter in chaotic retreat one August, over the river to Fort Lee and through the beautiful swamps of Secaucus toward Morristown where the Continentals in early '77 froze worse than at Valley Forge, North through Harlem where Nathaniel Greene stood with 1200 against William Howe's Regular Forces and across the Bronx to White Plains where Delaware, Maryland, and Connecticut Rifleman slowed General Howe until Washington could get his troops off Manhattan Island.  And last, but perhaps most importantly, our little .22's shook the ground of Broadway a block away and trembled downtown through the Canyon Of Heros, where veterans and astronauts have registered the adulation of a grateful nation and out, across the sea to Great Britain and the world to remind them that there are still those who will not tolerate tyranny, lobster-back scoundrel or otherwise. 

huzzah, oo-rah, and woohoo.

Some pics:

Hail Hail, the gang's all here!

A Decorated Vietnam Veteran from the 101st, a Marine, two Shoot Bosses, and a Regional Coordinator all in one shot.  How Ya Doin'!

VietVet rings out the names.  I can't think of anyone better for that job.

sometimes I just can't focus, but here's Bronwyn!

Ava shot our best group in competition and won the playing cards.

"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

Spartan

KDAN
That looks great, its hard for me to wish I lived closer to NYC, but that makes me wish i did,,,,Looks like a great appleseed!!!
"With your shield or on it"

SPQR

HUZZAH!  Appleseed sweeps the nation!
Improvise Adapt and Overcome!   Appleseed sweeps the nation!
Suspenders!                                  Appleseed sweeps the nation!
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

Josey Wales

..Hey Brother kDan where did you get that fine looking shirt?..

.......Super Job NY.........................................JW................
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

kDan

Quote from: SPQR on May 07, 2012, 02:42:03 PM
Suspenders!                              

Better to accommodate my rapidly generating "prone pillow".  Once you let that belt (gotta carry my leatherman) out a few notches and the pants still stay up, you never go back...   Just you wait, in six months all the Brooklyn Hipsters will be wearing them.

Quote from: Josey Wales on May 07, 2012, 10:45:56 PM
..Hey Brother kDan where did you get that fine looking shirt?..

THE QUEENS PUBLIC LIBRARY!!!!  a hotbed of collective Liberty, and personal responsibility in the heart of Babylon... 
"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

LittleMo

Great job by all the Instructors and students at a very supportive range....in downtown Manhattan!

Gary
Growing old is mandatory; Growing up is optional!  :)

Marksmanship can be taught and learned,
but the motivation has to be inspired for the
people to become involved.
How many have you inspired that became involved?

http://www.facebook.com/NYSAppleseed
http://www.facebook.com/ProjectAppleseedVermont